[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of picking up a PS4. Pic related is what I'm currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: RIP.png (11 KB, 403x483) Image search: [Google]
RIP.png
11 KB, 403x483
Thinking of picking up a PS4. Pic related is what I'm currently interested in. Grey shit at the bottom are things that I might like but I'm unsure on. Any essentials I should add?
>>
All of that shit is on the PC besides Bloodbourne.
You wouldn't actually play stuff on much inferior hardware, would you?
>>
Persona 5 when it comes out if you want.
>>
I own a PS4 but why do people list multiplats as positives.

It makes you look silly.
>>
>>321457476
>Rachet & Clank
>PC
>>
>>321457476
Don't really see the appeal of PC imo.

>>321457507
Never played a Persona before, are they that good? I've only heard mixed messages from what I've seen on /v/.

>>321457585
How so? Are we not allowed to enjoy multiplats at all now?
>>
>>321457585
Because he's making a list of what is interesting to him, not reasons you should buy a PS4.
>>
>>321457725
>How so? Are we not allowed to enjoy multiplats at all now?
Just theres little to no differences between xbone/ps4 versions nowadays and there almost always the best on pc.
>>
>>321457241
>>321457725
If you want games you're better off with either a Wii U or PC.
>>
Ratchet and Clank is going to be fucking garbage.

So is the movie.
The movie is going to be really awful.
>>
>>321457940
>Just theres little to no differences between xbone/ps4 versions nowadays
I guess. I'm just personally not interested in Xbox stuff other than maybe Sunset Overdrive and Rareware Collection. And SONY's E3 presentation this year just looked more promising to me. Kinda bummed out about the FF7 Remake being episodic, but I'll wait until we actually see something in front of us before I judge.

>almost always the best on pc
My brother made the switch to PC last year and regretted it ever since. We have really similar tastes when it comes to vidya, and I'm pretty sure it aint for me. I know a lot of people use the "why play something on consoles when you can play it best on PC" argument, but for me I see it the other way round.

>>321457996
Already own a Wii U. It's great, but it's been a slow year outside of Splatoon and Xenoblade. 206 doesn't look too great either, so I'm expanding my library is all.

>>321458112
Used to love the R&C PS2 games, and from what I've seen the R&C formula has stayed pretty much the exact same since then, so I'll probably enjoy it.
>>
File: ps4.jpg (66 KB, 403x483) Image search: [Google]
ps4.jpg
66 KB, 403x483
>>321457241
Here, I scratched out the bad games for you.
>>
>>321458943
At least tell me why I shouldn't get the ones you scribbled out.

I'll just say:
>I "enjoyed" DS2, and from what I've seen on SotFS, it just makes the base game better while adding some great expansions
>Shit like Fallout 4, JC3 and Witcher 3 are for layed back casual fun, and I'd probably only pick them up when they were on special offer

Legit don't see what's up with the other 3.
>>
>>321458519
>We have really similar tastes when it comes to vidya, and I'm pretty sure it aint for me
elaborate
>>
>>321457476
The last guardian
On PC
This faggot is delusional
>>
>>321459490
On the contrary, it makes enemy layout even dumber while adding distasteful ENB-tier bloom you can't even turn off.

I've spent way too much time explaining why Dark Souls 2 is a bad game, I can't be assed anymore. Should be pretty clear to anyone who's played Demon's and/or Dark Souls multiple times, especially those who did cheese-free SL1 runs as playing on these conditions gives you a better perspective of these games.
>>
>>321459731
>Brother gets PC
>Pays out the ass for it
>Has to trade in all his other vidya for it
>Gets to play the definitive version of console multi-plats
>Doesn't really feel any different for him
>He tries some PC exclusives
>All FPS', indie stuff, and eastern shit
>He tries getting into them anyway
>It's all pay-to-win shit where he gets yelled at by russians
>Misses all his old vidya
>Just wants his PS3/360 back

I'm okay with the types of games that he specifically hated, but none of them really stood out for me personally. Like, I wouldn't go out of my way to pay out the ass for a custom PC to play games like Counter Strike and Mount And Blade. As multiplats go, I just don't see the point of paying so much to get a PC, when I could just play the exact same games on cheap consoles. Getting a PC pretty much killed my brother's love for gaming, had to get him a N3DS for his birthday just to cheer him up a bit. It's not like I haven't considered getting one before, but again, there's just nothing stand-out there for me personally.

>>321460260
It's not that high on my list, I'm more interested in Bloodborne and curiously optimistic for DS3. But I really didn't mind Dark Souls 2 in all honesty. It wasn't as good as DS1 to me, but it definitely had elements that improved upon lacking areas in DS1. I've looked extensively into what it adds to the game, and it looks like something I'd still pick up. I played through Demon Souls and DS1 without guides, same for DS2, and I still like all of them fairly equally.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.