[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is literally no point in owning a gaming PC. The best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 1450594292936.png (6 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450594292936.png
6 KB, 400x400
There is literally no point in owning a gaming PC.

The best combination is as follows:
PS4 + PS3 hacked
Vita + 3DS hacked
&
wiiU hacked

This combination nets the best current gen games full stop, you have access to the entire PS2/wii/GameCube/DS/PSP & 3DS library. You also get all of last gens PS exclusives + multiplats, and current gens exclusives + multiplats and the entire handheld library. For what purpose would anyone feel the need to add a $2000 gaming PC into a combination is beyond me.

Then there are who who ONLY have a gaming PC or idort with PC and wiiU unhacked, like what the hell is wrong with you my man? Stop hoarding $2 flash games and pretending like you have a library only to get your credit card info stolen and loose access to your rented app.db licences all when steam severs eventually go down.

Wake up to yourselves PC gamers.
>>
>ITT: My consoles/handehelds > your consoles/handhelds
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 449x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 449x448
>I only use computers for gaming
This is why all console owners are autisitic
>>
File: 1431117078131.jpg (275 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1431117078131.jpg
275 KB, 1366x768
>>321454995
>$2000 gaming PC

I think I've spotted a flaw in your argument. The entire thing rests on using some number that you've pulled out your ass, for the pricing.
>>
>>321454995
keep telling that yourself buddy
>>
Sorry senpai, I'm not into 30 FPS with drops.
>>
>>321454995
>you have access to the entire PS2
>PS4 + PS3 hacked
>Vita + 3DS hacked
>&
>wiiU hacked

So, where is PS2 entire library?
>>
>>321456119
>i didn't enjoy years of console gaming because I was an elitist and had 'standards' from the very start
>>
>>321454995
What about a hacked PS4?
http://wololo.net/2015/12/13/ps4-jailbreak-possible-cturt-confirms-ram-dump/
>>
You are probably too young to remember the PSN incident.
>>
>>321456354
It was acceptable during the PS1/N64 days since 3D was the big new thing and we were all too busy admiring 3D to complain about the shit framerate.
It's THE CURRENT YEAR family, no excuse for that.
>>
>>321458880
Actually virtual fighter was the first 3d console game and that ran at 60fps
>>
>>321459013
That's because it was fightan.
Fightan has almost always been 60 FPS.
>>
The problem is that I think all the games on consoles are shit. No thanks
>>
>>321454995
>WiiU hacked

is that even possible? Like, Wii-homebrew level?
>>
>>321459070
MGSV and Tearaway runs at 60fps 1080p Bloodborne runs at 30 at the same res. I literally can't tell the difference between them as I switch between. Sorry such a non-problem prevents you from enjoying video games though
>>
>>321454995
All I own is a gaming PC and I see no reason to get consoles, they're a downgrade in every way possible. I don't like working with a limited OS and not having multiple platforms worth of games available to be at breakneck speeds.

Patching and tinkering on PC's is fast. Consoles take fiveever to setup. Fuckem.
>>
>>321459070
>all starts battle was 30FPS
>i-it's won't be that bbad
>buy it
>mfw

never again
>>
>>321459262
>I literally can't tell the difference between them as I switch between.
That's because you're mentally deficient.
That's okay, a lot of people on 4chan are like that.
>>
>>321459345
>Consolefags tell you that consoles are way easier and quicker than PC
>Even when I got my WiiU I had to install system updates, game patches, and over 4 GB of patches for Smash Bros.
>Also had to install them
>All-in-all it took me about an hour to actually start playing the game.
At least it came with MK8 pre-installed.
>>
>>321459345
> I don't like working with a limited OS

why not?
>>
>>321459345

You cant out-tinker not having games bruh and when you start obsessively regurgitating performance jargon to justify why you not longer enjoy playing or are evn able to enjoy older video games then something has gone terribly wrong.
>>
>>321459714
If patching etc. was quick it wouldn't be a problem. But since the 360 consoles have really failed at having efficient download/installation systems. It's probably not even the hardware, the software sucks absolute nutsack. As shit as Windows is according to some people here, downloading shit is pretty quick and easy if you have a decent rig and good internet.
>>
>>321459714
>yfw Bloodborne was plug and play with an optional 23mb patch a week after released to reduce loading times abit.

The only reason it takes so long to instal updates with gay games like smash is because the wiiU is using ps2 tier levels of hardware, it is not a current gen console or comparable to the ps4 my man.
>>
File: 1450992059929.jpg (183 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450992059929.jpg
183 KB, 1920x1080
>>321460370
>downloading shit is pretty quick and easy if you have a decent rig and good internet.
Yea, unlike on consoles.
On my PC through wifi I get 170 Mbps down.
My WiiU barely gets 12 Mbps down.
>>321460507
The PS4 has absolute shit download speeds and long-ass installs too.
Not to mention games take up a fuckload of space thanks to mandatory installs, so that's arguably worse.
>>
>>321460663
>12 Mbps
21*
>>
>waah why are my digitally bought games so big in size??
>waah why are my shitty generic AAA multiplats require so much installs because the devs can't release their game properly
>>
>>321460928
>THESE 2 PS2 GAMES TOTALLY NEED TO BE 30+ GB!
>>
>>321461054
It has nothing to do with the console though, its the devs
>>
>>321461295
I'm not blaming the filesizes on the console, I'm blaming the shit download speeds.
I have of yet to use a console that doesn't download at literally 1/8 or less the speeds that my PC can hit.
>>
>>321461448
Wired or wireless? I can download 19 gigs through my ethernet in 15 or so minutes. Although sometimes it can take 30 minutes to 45 minutes. Is that slow?
>>
>>321461597
Wireless obviously.
If it was wired this wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>321454995
pc has more current-gen exclusives than the other three platforms combined (and before you start on muh indie shovelware, consider it has several genres that are very close to exclusive to pc, including rts, turn-based strats, simulators, and mmorpgs), plus fps plays better with kb+m. there is also a big modding scene for several big games that can add a lot of value to some extremely popular titles. plus it has emulation which you can only get on consoles either by paying for a few select titles or by frequently buggy "kickass homebrew." romhacking is also something that primarily originated on pc with emulators.

all of the benefits that come from playing on a console in particular can be had by setting up a computer (or a remote streaming device) in your living room with a few controllers. and if you're not opposed to piracy, you get nearly all of your games for free, otherwise you can use something like isthereanydeal to get them heavily discounted.

with that said, since i'm not a massive faggot, i still think that if people want to by consoles, they should totally do that. i don't feel the need to force my personal preferences on other people or berate them for choosing other things. there are a lot of good exclusives on consoles that are worth playing and for some people, it's just easier to set up a console or two than to put together a computer and do all the work to get it working for couch co-op. plus a lot of people have friends that game on consoles and being able to play with your friends can be a huge thing.

just let people play what they want to play. why do you even care what other people do, anyway?

>>321455457
this should have been /thread honestly. play what you want to play and stop fishing for replies on /v/
>>
>>321457349
Best thing that ever came put of the psn hack was when they gave us 2 games free and 1 of my choices was infamous.
Was a lucky random pick as I enjoyed it
>>
Because I also wanted a PC that wasn't a complete shit to use for more than one thing simultaneously.
If you're not idort master race, you're a retard and/or poor.
>>
>>321462949
>If you're not idort master race, you're a retard and/or poor.
This.
>>
>>321461597
>Although sometimes it can take 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
That's probably Sony's servers shitting the bed.
>>
>>321462949
>tfw poor
>>
>>321454995

Stopped reading at "Vita"
>>
>vita
>PS4
lol
>>
>>321459714
Yeah. My nephew got an Xbox One. Took about an hour to set up and update, then you have to install games before playing. It's not a very fun process.
>>
>>321465353
I just don't get it, what the fuck happened?
Seems like ever since like 2008 consoles have been trying to be shittier PCs.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.