[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best isometric RPG of the past few years anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Is this the best isometric RPG of the past few years anon?
>>
I didn't like the muscular steroid looking males. I had to go with all females, cause I'm a faggot like that. Looking forward to the next one.
>>
>>321454815
I wasn't that much into the story and artstyle, but it has the best gameplay for sure.
>>
I played it when it first came out. The game got very easy after the first town and the story wasn't very interesting to me so i dropped it before finishing. Is the enhanced edition worth picking up? What's new/different with it?
>>
So did they screw up the enhanced version or not? Which one to play?
>>
>>321455407
I haven't played the enhanced edition, but apparently there is now controller support, ALL lines are voices now, dual wielding,wands and grenades, balance changes, new quests, 360 degree camera and the ending has been revamped.
>The game got very easy after the first town
>"Harder Combat: A new difficulty, Tactician Mode, increases the difficulty of fights in unique ways throughout the game. Not hard enough? Try Honour Mode, where you only get one save! "
It probably is worth another shot.
>>
>>321455374
Why do these games keep fucking up the story and world? This and PoC apparently have good gameplay but the world and story is typical elves, dwarves and good vs ancient evil shite.
>>
>>321456221
The story in D:OS is forgetable, but it has some cheeky, sometimes fourth wall breaking humor so it was still kinda enjoyable imo.

Also one of the obsidian co-founders is doing writing for D:OS 2 so the sequel probably will improve in that regard.
>>
File: 1446389219220.jpg (618 KB, 680x1672) Image search: [Google]
1446389219220.jpg
618 KB, 680x1672
>>321455485
>So did they screw up the enhanced version or not?
The new voice acting is terrible. Everything else ranges from great to ok.
>>
Underrail is lots of fun too
>>
>>321454815
Yup
Pretty fun
>>
>>321454815
>isometric
You clearly don't know what isometric means.
>>
>>321456221
Because being original is hard and risky, easier to do what everyone else is doing since its not failing
>>
File: 1435048452169.gif (3 MB, 303x333) Image search: [Google]
1435048452169.gif
3 MB, 303x333
>>321454815
>try to get a refund because I never played and had no plans to.
>Refund request reject for vague reason
>this happens
>oh.
>>
>>321454815
I wish it had a bigger discount on steam. I'm hoping they do a decent sale when the second is close to being released
>>
>>321458508
I guess you are right
>>
File: 1439064880646.gif (383 KB, 257x266) Image search: [Google]
1439064880646.gif
383 KB, 257x266
>>321457442
>tfw my dream of playing as undead will finally came true
They better prepare lots of bones puns
>>
>>321458238
It blew up on /v/, does it actually have fun combat or is it just nostalgia?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.