[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bloodborne old hunters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: bloodborne2.jpg (1 MB, 1449x2048) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne2.jpg
1 MB, 1449x2048
Alright, I know these games are supposed to be "hard" and all, but am I the only one who thinks this DLC is pushing it a bit too far?

Everything has a shitton of HP and ridiculously large+damaging+fast attack. It's completely disproportionate from both Vanilla BB and the past games. There's no clear story reason or justification for it either, everything is super-strong just because.

For example, the anchor-wielding shark giants feels like somebody looked at the ogres in Dark Souls 2 and pushed them up to 11. The fuckers are stronger than most of the game's bosses, and there's no clear reason why. I never played these games for their difficulty, so this sudden spike was just baffling and took me out of the experience. What's up with this?

inb4 "git gud".
>>
File: bag man has bag day.webm (3 MB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
bag man has bag day.webm
3 MB, 856x482
OP what is your level, stats, weapon and gems? I must know.
>>
>>321448064
I don't see how that's relevant.
>>
>>321448958
the dlc is tuned around being level 60+ with a 7+ weapon
the only shit thing about the dlc is the shark giants
but they are easily viscreal and backstab chained
>>
>>321447864
Are you getting hit while attacking/running/rolling? Is that why you're complaining about the damage?

Because if thats it, you're getting counter hit. Counter hits in the DLC seem to be fucking insane for some reason.
>>
>>321448958
They're relevant because if you're playing the DLC on NG+ ypu will have troubles.
>>
>>321448958
it's relevant because you are gonna have a bad time if you don't at least have the mensis gems on your weapon. Also if your stats are all over the place you are gonna do shit damage anyway and having below 40ish vit is gonna get you wrecked and that's being generous.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>321447864
>>
>>321447864
Double sharkgiants is literally the hardest fight in the DLC. Every boss except maybe Laurence is pretty easy with patience, but I died getting the damn Rakuyo more than the entire rest of the DLC. Those enemies simply absurd and I recommend cheesing the fight with shaman bone blade.
>>
File: orphan of kos.png (201 KB, 250x396) Image search: [Google]
orphan of kos.png
201 KB, 250x396
For example, this concept is pushed very obviously in the Orphan of Kos fight.

>Alright, this boss is gonna be a newly-birthed kin.
>Like the One Reborn?
>Yeah. Except he's super fast, has huge reach, tons of combos, tons of damage, multiple ranged attacks, and a billion HP.
>Wow. What's the justification for that?
>Because he's the final boss of the DLC, you dummy!

I find making things hard just for hardness' sake to be in very poor taste, and the DLC has it in bounds.
>>
>>321450953
>newly birthed
nigger has been holding refuge in his moms gut for a fucking long ass time dude
plus hes a literal younger great one
>>
>>321451108
And yet he's stronger and more durable than Ebrietas, a fully grown Great One. There's tons of comparisons you could make.
>>
>>321450953
Hes the unborn child of one of the most powerful great ones in the lore. Hes so powerful he cursed generations of people just because he got pissed because his mom died.
>>
>>321447864
No, Laurence was some Dark Souls 2-esque bullshit.
>>
>>321451368
Great ones have different power levels, how is this such a hard thing to grasp?
>>
if you're still thinking in ds mechanics, its hard.
anyway, take ludwig, you can stagger him continuously by damaging his limbs. focus on one, then change target.
>>
DLC was such fucking bullshit imo. DLC is made in mind for people who have completed the game and want more, right? So why make the game nearly impossible for people playing on NG+ and beyond?

Ludwig, in particular, had like 4 moves that one shot me. On NG++++, and nearly lvl 200, it would've taken forever to get any more powerful to make a difference.

I beat him eventually after a full day of trying and using like 1k blood vials, but it felt cheap as fuck due to dying only from OHKOs coupled with the fact I had to use the NPC for help.
>>
Whenever I see this image I think Assassins Creed Syndicate.

Is it just me?
>>
File: 1305732423833.gif (1 MB, 350x191) Image search: [Google]
1305732423833.gif
1 MB, 350x191
>tfw brother got me bloodborne

what am i in for
>>
Ludwig was the hardest for me, the other bosses didn't take more than 5 or so attempts(although I got lucky on Laurence and beat him the first time he split).

Trick for the shark giants is staying close, dodging behind them with a fast weapon and stunning them so you can visceral. Mainly you got to get used to their slow as shit attacks, it just takes (plenty) of practice.

>>321451998
I gave up on a new game + attempt at Ludwig and just started a new character, I can't imagine beating the higher difficulties.
>>
>>321451998
I don't know about that. I beat the dlc at level 45 or so when I started a new build.
>>
>>321451684

This. Laurence is really the only boss that felt like unfair horseshit. Ludwig and OoK were hard, probably the hardest bosses in the game, but they never felt cheap.
>>
File: 4L_tN9wnAg1.jpg (265 KB, 1280x1688) Image search: [Google]
4L_tN9wnAg1.jpg
265 KB, 1280x1688
>>321452304
Ayy lmaos and the best souls game by far
>>
I actually agree a bit.

Unless you're parrying, the bosses hardly have any windows whatsoever, add to that a shitton of health and you have not epic battles but rather test of endurances. A slow weapon is basically a death wish, it's butt poke and then back off to an extreme degree.
>>
>>321452304
fun
>>
>>321452363
How exactly is he unfair? Don't get me wrong, it took me dozens of attempts to beat him because he shat out damage on just one combo.My goal eventually boiled down to not getting hit once

If that's the case then the Abhorrent Beast is just as unfair
>>
>>321452304
A really good game with good gameplay, good atmosphere, interesting story, and a bunch of shitposters.

So, basically any Souls game.
>>
>>321451998
because git gud LMAOWTFBBQ

But seriously, it's probably because of the cancerous fans who thinks the only thing that matters in these games is difficulty. I've seriously seen people argue that one boss is better than another because it's more difficult.

These guys were always around, but I felt confident that Miyazaki ignored them. But in this DLC it felt like he listened to them, which is scary. I don't want these guys designing future games.
>>
the dlc got nerfed all to fuck in that last patch

i'm playing again on NG+5 after my playthrough of it on NG+4 a few weeks ago and i'm rekking everything, they nerfed it to fuck in that previous patch
>>
>>321451368

Ebrietas was also trapped inside a cave, which she tried bashing her head against to break out...
>>
I beat the DLC on NG+ at around level 130 with a shitty build and zero coop.

The bosses take a few cracks to get the hang of, and there are tactics to cheese them. But you absolutely do not need to use them. The only fight I will say is actually unfair in the DLC is the shit with the two shark giants. And even then, they're not impossible and are fucking jokes if you learn how to parry them.

The DLC is hard, yes. But it's not unfair. I even got Laurence on my second try when I wore fire resistance gear and just tanked his lava without any issue.
>>
>DLC
>hard
Aside from Laurence and those stupid spaghetti monster fucks that are impossible to face head on with high insight, nothing in the DLC was particularly hard. The Orphan was an amazing fight but I didn't find it too difficult.
>>
>>321452972
[citation needed]
>>
>>321452640

He has a massive HP pool, hyper-aggressive from the 2nd phase onward with massive range, and all his attacks have AOE that can stagger and leave you open to be buttfucked.

Combine that with the fact he's a lazy reskin who only has a different moveset at 1/2 health, and an obnoxious runback that makes you wait through the same scripted events over and over, the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. I honestly took longer with OoK I think, but he never was as aggravating as Laurence was.
>>
That's how souls difficulty works though
>make boss with 99999999 hp and attacks that kill the player in 1 hit
>xD just git gud slurp slurp
>>
>>321453235
>stupid spaghetti monster
Which ones? I don't remember them.
>>
Which transformation should I go for, ayy lmao broccoli head or fursuit?
>>
>>321453732
ayy lmao for pvpp
fursuit for fun
>>
>>321453732
go full broccoli with kos parasite and augur of ebrietas
>>
>>321453556
I think he means the Winter Lanterns before the Orphan of Kos.

>>321453489
I can see where you're coming from then. Since he requires so much patience between attacks he does feel more fitting for Dark Souls than the faster paced Bloodborne.
>>
>>321450953
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TJrw5gwx-o
BL4 and NG+7, no damage taken, in short: git gud
>>
>>321453430

She was found inside her Alter.

Her face is all fucked up from the front.

Not sure what else is there.
>>
>>321452309
Well you weren't playing on NG+ or beyond then, were you? My complaints lie with the scaling of enemies in later play throughs.

The mechanics weren't that difficult to get used to, but getting enough hits on him to kill, which was a lot in my run through even with great weapons, before being clipped by a OHKO was just fucking stupid design and very annoying to deal with, rather than a fun challenge.
>>
>>321447864
Shh, do you hear it?
>>
>>321454286
>her face is all fucked up from the front

what if thats what she normally looks like
do not bully eibirtas-chan
>>
>>321453518
>Gehrman, the climactic final boss of main game
>14000 HP
>Ludwig, the first boss of the DLC
>16000 HP

Nah, it's just your imagination :^)
>>
>orphan of kos has so much health!
>ludwig has so much health!

Fuck ooooooff, jesus christ.

lvl4 ludwig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfNLQYM2XCE

orphan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvnUN2dty48
>>
>>321454286

That could just be her face. Could be normal for ayy lmaos to look like a sea anemone stuffed with raw hamburger meat.
>>
>>321454543
>old man has less hp than rape horse
Well, color me suprised.
>>
File: [WAKE ME UP INSIDE].png (156 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
[WAKE ME UP INSIDE].png
156 KB, 270x270
>Beat my first playthrough of vanilla BB
>Check out trophies
>8%

Is it 'cause I didn't do chalice dungeons?
>>
>>321454543
>gherman
>final boss
shiggy diggy
>>
>>321454574
You're right. All the bosses could have 100000000000 health and take literally days to beat, but because they're technically beatbale it means it means no complaints are valid!

Go die in a fire, difficulty-fag.
>>
>>321454731
Probably you missed a lot of optional bosses, never got all of the weapons, trinkets and shit like that.
>>
>>321454715
Old man has more HP than anything in the main game, by far. You can compare it to the One Reborn or Ebrietas if you want. Everything in the DLC shits on them, whether it makes sense or not.
>>
>>321454912
I was just pulling your leg, but the DLC is really just end-game content, it makes sense for everything in there to be stronger than the stuff in the main game.
>>
>>321454027
That looked boring as hell
>>
>>321454574
You're so fucking dumb, holy shit.
>>
>>321454793
It isnt about "being beatable" - its about the complaints that the bosses have too much health, which is bullshit.

The bosses have a good amount of health, end of story.
>>
None of the bosses in the dlc were bad except possibly Laurence phase 2 because lava makes positioning awkward.

They all have patterns like every other boss, the only thing you have to get used to is NOT DODGE BACKWARDS as much its better to dodge forward into the boss.
>>
How viable is Arcane in this game?
>>
>>321455615
BSB should have taught players to not dodge backwards, sometimes something as simply walking forward and lleft/right will make a good chunk of the bosses miss overheads and swipes.
>>
>>321455791
Ever since DLC, very.
>>
Are there any low stamina usage weapons like the threaded cane but better?
I got around with it just fine until the Cathedral Ward and now I just keep getting smacked around because it barely does any damage
>>
>>321454027
>visceral attacks
Kek.
>>
>>321450953
>Fight is hard
>Bad design

Love this meme.
>>
>>321451998
I did it on Ng+ with a lvl 120 character, it took no more than 40 minutes.

You are underleveled for NG+4 DLC or something, or you eat every single hit.
>>
>>321451998
>>321452306
Seems to me you don't actually understand the boss' movesets, and are used to taking 2 or 3 hits and rolling away to heal.

I don't see how it's bad design to expect players to know how to play the game by the time they get to the final piece of bloodborne content.
>>
>>321454793
Why not replay Fallout 4? Seems like a way better game for people who don't want to memorize patterns.
>>
>>321455791
A pure arcane character is really only good for PvP.
The Bloodborne team didn't actually want people using Bloodtinge or Arcane, it's why there's only two Bloodtinge weapons and no good Arcane weapons.
>>
>>321447864
>>321448958
>how are boss HP and damage relevant in a RPG game where you increase stats by leveling up and upgrade your weapons to deal more damage
>>
>>321457010
>and no good Arcane weapons
Except the one you get for killing Orphan and every weapon can be turned into an Arcane weapon with the right gems.
>>
>>321455962
cane lasted me until I got the blades of mercy from the eileen quest.
>>
>>321457270
Kos Parasite is kind of crap, which sucks because it's so cool.
Why is it OK that the arcane weapon is so weak? It has, what, about 80 base damage when fully upgraded? That's about half of most weapons.
>>
>>321455962
Even most heavy-hitting weapons have faster 1H forms that don't take much stamina. Test stuff out and find something you like.

That said, when you reach the cathedral at the top of the stairs, going left leads to an optional area that has enough shards to get a weapon to +6 which will be very helpful and might fix the problems you're having with the cane right now.
>>
Any good new Bloodtinge based weapons in the dlc? Wanted to go for Chikage on a new save because I just got theold hunters
>>
>>321457010
The Holy Moonlight Sword, Kos Parasite, and even Ludwig's Blade are all good Arcane weapons. And their magic is all extremely powerful. Hell, you can technically make any weapon an Arcane weapon if you gem it properly. It's more difficult for Bloodtinge, but still possible.

And there's also the deal with BLT builds having guns that hit harder than any other weapon in the game. With or without ash.

Arcane and Bloodtinge have much weaker continuous damage, which is the point. Skill and Strength have better normal shit, but Arcane and Bloodtinge can be devastating with their limited resources.
>>
>>321456765
I understand it plenty you fuckin' tard. I beat all of the DLC, doesn't make all of the OHKOs justifiable or fun. And no, OHKO does not mean 2-3 hits and dead. It's one touch and dead.
>>
>>321457387
Kos Parasite with the Milkweed Rune is literally the best build in PvP. It's quite good, especially if you actually use the Augur and the Blacksky Eye.
>>
>>321457469
Bloodletter. Strength/Bloodtinge, mace that turns into a huge blood club.
It's fucking tough to get, though. It's three bosses into the DLC, which is a significant challenge if you've been saving your stats for your Bloodtinge.
>>
>>321450953
He didnt have that much hp and was easier than lawrence
>>
>>321456765
You can't instantly know the movesets though, especially since most of the bosses change half way through. Ludwig was tough since his second form will murder you instantly if you don't dodge through the first combo so you have a hard time learning the moves.
>>
Why do people say Parasite is so good? I'm at 50 arc with 10+ and its kinda shit.

What kind of op blood gems are people using that makes it so good?
>>
>>321457921
>What kind of op blood gems are people using that makes it so good?
ARC gems, use this to search them.

http://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
>>
>>321457921
You need to grind chalice dungeons to make it half decent.
Apparently the moveset is good for PvP, but the damage is just way too mediocre for me, especially considering how fucking slow it is.
>>
>>321457921
It's a very good pvp weapon, I wouldn't do any PvE with it though.
>>
File: 1372905460857.png (481 KB, 860x641) Image search: [Google]
1372905460857.png
481 KB, 860x641
How to Arcane build? I was thinking of using the Moonlight Sword, but it seems that any weapon that gets an arcane / fire / bolt gem gets the arcane scaling, making most weapons viable for Arcane once you get those.

And by the same token, it makes it look like the actual build would be Strength / Skill + Arcane, not arcane on its own.

At this point I'm not sure how to go about it. If I add the elemental gem, is the strength / skill scaling lost and only the arcane one used?

This shit is weird, it feels like almost all weapons are STR or SKL, and you can add either BLT or ARC depending on what you want, but not the other way around. Guess I could go for Logarious Wheel + Moonlight.
>>
File: 1450989749379.png (73 KB, 168x165) Image search: [Google]
1450989749379.png
73 KB, 168x165
Did anyone else fuck up their r2 button from charging up the swing axe too much? Hope I'm not the only one
>>
>>321457921
Gems can more than double the damage of a weapon, but arcane gems are especially a pain in the ass to get.
>>
>>321450953
you know those attacks where he jumps at you?
walk forward one step then charge an R2. ez backstab
>>
>>321458168
STR/ARC with tonitrus / ludwigs.
>>
>>321458362
Why do you press the buttons that hard?
>>
>>321457921
Every tentacle hit staggers people and can break any hyper armor. Thats fucking strong. If you have strong gems, you will hit 400ish to other people. It'll take 3-4x dash R1 to kill other player. Not to mention you have 20% damage reduction with its dodging animation style
>>
>>321454731
I got 100% of the DLC and only need 2 more trophies, I think. But I also got about 100 hours of playtime the first time.
>>
>>321458168
A purely physical weapon loses str/skl scaling when an elemental gem is attached and goes off of the normally unused arcane scaling. Most weapons can be used as arcane, but some are better because their arcane scaling is inherently better. Weapons with innate split damage can't be fully converted, and tend to suffer because of it. They also tend to do better with nourishing gems (+% all damage) instead of trying to just boost the elemental aspect.

In a lot of cases, pure elemental setups aren't really more damaging than pure physical ones. For example, Ludwig's B/B scaling is worth a lot more than its single arcane scaling. The big advantage of going all arcane is that you don't have to care about strength/skill for damage, can use almost any weapon, and slot in elements at will depending on what you're fighting. But again, that's a pure physical weapon going pure elemental. Building around a naturally split weapon is different.
>>
File: Untitled.png (49 KB, 177x173) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
49 KB, 177x173
>>321447864
I agree OP.
I quit vanilla Bloodborne a while ago and then came back for the DLC with my arcane build.
Ludwig turned out to be a pain because he killed me in about 2 hits and had a shit ton of health.
After getting the Moonlight sword, the Living Failures turned out to be a pain in the ass because because they have a FUCK TON of health for whatever reason.
Then Maria was easy as fuck.
I don't even want to start about how much fucking HP Orphan of Kos has. Its fucking ridiculous to the point where backstabbing him is the only option.
>>
>Seriously finding the souls series hard
This basically confirms you're underage, or at least weren't interested in games during the early years of gaming
>>
I'm level 40, have a 8+ Whirling saw that I'm using, no gems because they're bullshit farm2win crap. Beat Ludwig, really fun and hype battle. Beat Living Failures, boring as shit and took an hour running around doing potshots. Been stuck on Maria for a day now, anyone have any advice for her 3rd form? I'm not staggering her as well, and she can one shot combo me I'm going nuts.
>>
>>321458440
But anon what about my animoo Moonlight firing shiny beams?

>>321458930
I'm looking for full arcane with at most the required STR to use the weapons, which I think is about 17 or so, not counting Logarius' Wheel which seems more of a STR weapon, though I could be wrong with that. Other than the Moonlight with A scaling, I'm still not sure what other weapons I would use, though Ludwig also has great scaling I guess.
>>
>>321459192
>Orphan
I had more trouble with Laurence, HP-wise. Nigger simply doesn't die.
>>
>>321459551
You can parry her to death. She's quite easy to dodge, too.
>>
>>321459551
Level your vitality.
>>
>>321459553
I am level 60 and have only leveled up my arcane and endurance stats with Arcane at 60. I am currently using the Saw Cleaver/Moonlight Sword with the Arcane items.

You can try getting the Kos Parasite with this build but it is extremely hard for me at the moment.
>>
>>321459941
I don't use parry in anymore because it seems cheap. Same reason I didn't use it against DS Gwin.
>>
>>321460084
How is the damage on the Moonlight Sword? What gems on your weapons?

And Kos Parasite, well sure. I'm not interested but I'll get it I suppose.
>>
I played through the DLC with my level 141 character on NG++ and didn't experience anything too hard besides Laurence. Git gud.
>>
What is the best weapon in the game and why is it the Beast Embrace Claw?
>>
>>321460648
I played through the DLC with my level 14 character on NG++++++ and didn't experience anything too hard besides my dick for the snail women. Git gud.
>>
>>321460417
It's okay. I'm trying to get gems for it at the moment.
I have two cursed gems that give 22% phys damage increase, and a regular 18% phys damage radial gem.
If you use the L2 thrust attack, it stuns most enemies and does big damage.
>>
>>321459553
The wheel is kind of weird, in that shifting it to its other form curbs back its physical damage like 30% and jacks up its arcane damage even though it doesn't seem like it has great scaling. Flat +damage arcane gems are absolutely amazing for its tricked moves that multi-hit like R2, while +% all damage gems are the best for its single-hit attacks for all forms. The same kind of things come up with stats, where it can always benefit from 50str/50arc, but if you're focusing on flat arcane gems and want to hit a pvp level then low strength and 50arc is fine. It has a lot of options, but it does require setting it up to maximize how you plan to use it.

I hate farming gems, so I don't really bother with a lot of this shit.
>>
I felt like there was never anything particularly difficult in the main game and liked the DLC because it was more challenging. You can usually get at least one npc (two for the Ludwig fight) to help you as kind of difficulty toggle because they make it pretty easy.

Honestly the problem most people seem to have is that they try to beat every boss as fast as possible instead of just beating the boss and not getting hit.
>>
>>321457270
Just to clarify something, so if I had a +10 Saw Cleaver with an arcane gem and I put no points at all into str and dex and put everything into arcane, would I be doing as much damage as I would be if I put everything into str or whatever the cleaver scales off of and just used the cleaver as is?
>>
>>321461974
Usually arcane does less damage simply because you're going from multiple scaling stats to one. In that example, the saw cleaver stops scaling C and D in strength and skill respectively, and only scales C in arcane. It's not always much less, but even dropping shitty scalers is always dropping damage.

However, it will then often make up that lost damage if you actually use the element enemies are weak too. Of course, some enemies aren't weak to any elements, so even that can be a wash. High quality elemental gems are also usually much more difficult to find than high quality physical gems, combined with the fact you need 3 different sets of them for the 3 elements.

If you're looking for pure damage output, arcane isn't really what you want. In PVE, it's mostly for people who just want to try something weird for a change, that brings a lot of flexibility at the cost of a lot of work. Its real calling is PVP, where elemental resistance is usually a player's weakest defense and people often wear sets that neglect an element heavily.
>>
>>321463049
Thanks for clearing that up
>>
Since we got Kos Parasite and Milkweed as a church weapon, I was kind of disappointed we didn't get some kind of Mensis weapon.
>>
>>321461068
Yeah I was reading about its tricked form. It sounds neat, I checked it out and liked its moveset, though that L2 sucks the life out of you at retarded speeds if you hit level 4 buff.

>I hate farming gems, so I don't really bother with a lot of this shit.
Same here, I won't do that, fuck getting to that level 4 chalice again. I finished those turds and will never ever touch them again. Hopefully From won't pull something as bad in DaS3.
>>
>>321451998
I played on regular NG but still, i beat him first try
>>
File: Chaikage2.png (166 KB, 407x407) Image search: [Google]
Chaikage2.png
166 KB, 407x407
Chaikage!
>>
>>321464443
stop forcing this
>>
File: 1450984488197.jpg (2 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
1450984488197.jpg
2 MB, 3008x2000
>All those runes that can only be found on chalices
Why
>>
>>321464757
Mostly unnecessary. They're just higher levels of in-game runes.
>>
>>321447864
It's endgame content.
>>
>>321447864
I can't get the rakoyu cause of this. No matter what I do I can't beat the one that fucking ambushes and anal rapes my character
>>
>>321466506
Use the shaman bone blade after the first one tries to run away.
>>
>>321466506
just parry them, you will eventually get the timing
the first one, just parry him when he is dashing to you. i dont remember about the second one but you can kill him pretty easy, he is not as tanky as the first one
>>
>>321466506
Parry the first one to half death
Use a shaman bone blade on him while he's recovering
>>
I was doing pretty well, but I just got to Yahargul and suddenly it's all packs of enemies that revive. It's substantially less fun than the rest of the game has been. I'm around lvl 56 and have my ludwigs at +7. My damage isn't really the problem, it's trying to get past 6 enemies that rapidly respawn to find the fuckin bell skank, and thats when I dont have to worry about getting insta-gibed by the cthulubeasts.

How long does this dumb area last? I want to get back to the fun parts.
>>
>>321467732
Kill the bell maidens, dumbo. That will stop the enemies reviving.
>>
>>321455962
The cane is a scaling based weapon, it's bad for the early game but gets stronger later on when it gets higher scaling. Travel around the Cathedral Ward and pick up twin shards to upgrade it and get higher dps. Remember that Skill influences viscerals greatly, and should be your main source of damage against very strong enemies, assuming your going for a high skill build with the cane.
>>
>>321467732
Find the bell maidens. Run past dudes till you do.
>>
>>321467732
Same shit happening to me right now. Just got to Yahar'gul and it's not anywhere near as well designed as other areas, at least that's how it feels.

It also feels pretty linear comparatively to most of the other areas. I've taken a 2 day break now because I got upset while being here, hope it ends soon.
>>
>>321467732
>I want to get back to the fun parts.

But the area afterwards is even worse, in my opinion family.
>>
>>321467838
>>321467991
I know what to do. The issue is running past, getting nicked by 1 guy then having 6 rusty pikes jammed up my butthole before I can react. I'm asking how long the area lasts, this area is so far behind the rest I've played in encounter design/placement.
>>
>>321447864
I beat the DLC on NG+ and I thought it was a lot harder than it should have been for NG+, it was honestly depth 5 chalice / defiled chalice tier
>>
I've never backstabbed or parried anything all game. Have I been playing it wrong? Only have Orphan left and I can't beat him.
>>
>>321468275
It's about as long as the forbidden woods.

Stop bitching and git gud you baby.
>>
>>321468314
I beat orphan without parrying / backstabbing, he wasn't that bad

Some bosses I feel like you need to parry though, like Pthumerian Descendant
>>
when do i get the DLC -- and when are the DLC parts playable? i just got to the place where they imprisoned me with the two large pigs outside. i want to know because i want to play it on my first playthrough
>>
guess ima wierdo then maria kept fucking my shit up but the other boss were all easy
>>
>>321468910
You can gain access to the DLC already by defeating the wolf monster in the Grand Cathedral, located back in the Cathedral Ward.

Although the DLC is intended for late game characters, it can be beneficial to go there early on to get some of the weapons and some upgrade materials. You can at least 6 weapons before fighting the first DLC boss who you will almost certainly not be prepared for.
>>
>>321468910
The DLC key item is given to you in the dream after beating the boss of Cathedral Ward. The item will tell you how to access the DLC.

I would recommend waiting until at least level 60 to do the DLC.
>>
>>321447864
The only really bullshit things are Laurence and the shark giants.
>>
>>321469491
>>321469314
thanks. that's after vicar amelia, right? i just beat her. i'm around level 42. i'll probably get it the next time i play
>>
>>321454731
There are a bunch of hidden bosses/areas.
Time to visit the wiki fambai.
>>
>>321469569
Oh yeah, >>321450953 too.
>>
>>321469575
Yes. When you enter the dream the item will be on the ground near the doll.
>>
>>321457639
this, I only died once on orphan but laurence kicked my ass in his second phase
>>
>>321449593
>40 vit

scrub detected
>>
My bloodtinge and arcane stats are around 9 and 10. I don't NEED to upgrade them, right? I forget I even have a gun most of the time. I should do more parrying. VIT and END are around 15 and STR and DEX are at 21 and 25. Should I stop leveling DEX? I've read it diminishes at 25 or so
>>
>>321447864
While I like Bloodborne, I have to say this, Bloodborne is Boss Makes An Annoying Sound: The Game
>>
>>321447864
>dlc is pushing it a bit too far

newbie scum, there's always a way to easily beat a hard boss in the souls' series
>>
>brother owns a ps4
>for months hypes up how much harder Bloodborne is compared to DeS or DaS1
>talks about how he beat DeS no problem, but can't beat Father Gascoigne
>I come home for Christmas
>In 2 days, I beat everything except for Upper Cathedral, and content after One Reborn
>Not counting Old Hunters content (which he doesn't own) or Chalice Dungeons

Turns out he only finds it hard because the combat style is different. I found the game pretty easy. Been mostly using the thread cane and repeater pistol. I have a hunter spear for flame attacks, the mace for spark attacks, and the empty shell to enhance my cane for arcane attacks.

I do like this game a lot more than the Souls games.
>>
>>321454731

Most of Bloodborne is optional, and that's without any gimmick like the Master Key from Dark Souls. It's kind of a weird design choice but it's actually pretty nice for repeat playthroughs. If you only do what's required you can literally skip over half the game's content. You probably missed a shitload.

There are only two trophies in the game that require chalice dungeons - the one for beating the Pthumerian Queen and the one for getting all the weapons since the Beast Claws are in a chalice dungeon. Chalice dungeons are also godawful and by far the worst part of the game, so if you don't care about trophies you can safely skip that shit.
>>
>>321470652
Wrong. Stop leveling endurance. Vit+whatever combat style you're focusing on only
>>
The only things in Bloodborne that ever struck me as being poorly-designed difficulty were the two ogre sharks in the well and maybe some chalice bullshit.

The ogre sharks just clearly weren't made to be fought two at a time and the fight winds up being immensely cheap unless you cheese it, as their attacks tend to clip through each other and the terrain and it's easy to get stuck in them. Everything else I would say is fair outside of chalices, and those are just badly-designed in general.
>>
>>321454027
>after 2 weeks of practice
>>
>>321470652
You don't need Arcane or Bloodtinge, unless you plan on using weapons or items that require them
Endurance should only go up to around 15-20. It's not really all that useful to level up past that
Vitality should at least get to 25-30. Vit soft caps at 50, though.
Your damage stats should be like 30-50(soft cap) though, depending on which one you're using the most.
>>
>>321469931
in his second phase?! how?
>>
>>321470652
Damage stats you should get to 40, depending on what weapon you're using.
Endurance is pointless beyond 20, if you're using a light weapon you don't even need to upgrade it at all. Something like the Reiterpallasch can be used the entire game on the starting stamina bar.

Vitality is good to level. Get it at least to 25, and then use any spare levels on it once your damage stats are where you like.
>>
>>321471017
>hunter spear for flame attacks
uwot m8
>>
>>321447864
The DLC is made for people who beat the final 2 bosses

if you didn't do those don't try it. Practice or even remake a new character and prepare like a hunter before the hunt should
>>
>>321471908
>>321471878
>>321471442
Thanks, /vee/
>>
>>321448064
>I don't see how the things that determine my stats and playstyle are relevant to how hard the game is

OP is just retarded people, move along.
>>
>>321454574
there's some serious Runes/stats shenanigans happening her vit is that low.
>>
>>321471907
when he's clawing around I would get caught and panic

first phase is just cleric beast and really easy
>>
>>321470652

You can soft cap whatever damage stats you want at 25 for now, but eventually you'll want to get your main one to 50. Endurance you can kind of neglect in this game compared to Souls games, unless you use heavy weapons that consume a lot of stamina per swing, then you might want to pump it to 40 eventually.

Bloodtinge is pretty useless unless you're specifically building for it (to use guns for damage instead of parrying, or to use weapons like the Chikage), and Arcane depends on whether you want to use weapons with elemental damage or not, though in general it plays a backseat to Strength or Skill even on those weapons.

Counterintuitively for a lot of weapons it's actually better to get both Strength and Skill to 25 before levelling one to 50, because the way the physical damage in this game scales really favours quality builds.
>>
>>321471932
so i should play it on my second playthrough?
>>
>>321471926
I gemmed the hunting spear with fire based gems, and now it mostly does fire damage.
Used it for the Nightmare frontier where I could 1-2 shot most everything. Saved me a lot on fire paper or having to find another weapon.
>>
>>321472214
God no. Beat the final boss then die to the true final boss and then do the DLC.
>>
So is Rakuyo just the Blade of Mercy but better?
>>
>>321472214
No, just go to the DLC around Mergo's wet nurse or use the hunter's mark to get out of gehrman / moon presence
>>
>>321472512
Yes
>tfw wasted chunks on BoM when Rakuyo is now out
>>
>>321457387
>mage weapons suck
>what are spells
>>
>>321472512

For normal combos, pretty much. BoM has way better damage modifiers on certain attacks though, so it can wind up being about even depending on your playstyle.

I personally find BoM more fun still. I wish the real Rakuyo moveset was anywhere near as cool as Maria's.
>>
Serious question. Should I do some chalices before I beat the main game? I was going to wait on beating the game til I got the DLC so i dont have to do it in NG+. Im working on Ebreitus or whatever her name is right now.
>>
>>321473268

If you want to.

You're already vastly overpowered for the depth 1 and 2 chalices most likely, and a little overpowered for depth 3. Depth 4 chalices are closer to "end of the first playthrough" difficulty, while Depth 5 ones are closer to NG+ difficulty or higher. Personally I did all of the fixed chalice dungeons at the end of my first playthrough just to get them out of the way.

Enjoy, they're shit.
>>
>>321470241
40 is bare min, 50 is tryhard PvP. Do you play much bloodborne?
>>
>>321473268
Dont worry about the chalice dungeons, your progress carries over from NG to NG+ and I dont think they change at all.
>>
>>321452625
Use the rifle spear and Stab the orphan of kos. Makes him look "slow".
>>
>chalice dungeons sound like a good idea on paper
>in the actual game, they didn't design enough tiles to make each layer or dungeon seem a single bit unique

I would love for them to refine the chalice dungeon concept in a future game. Like double or triple the number of tiles in circulation, triple the boss count, and triple the monster variety.

I mean I love randomly generated dungeons, so Chalice Dungeons I was okay with. I just wish they had more in them.
>>
>>321451998
>DLC is made in mind for people who have completed the game and want more, right?
This one seems like it's mostly made for people that want to play through the game multiple times, and want those playthroughs to be more varied. It's very obviously supposed to integrate into a run rather than being done after one.
>>
My day tomorrow will be spent playing this bad boy-should I get the DLC for my first playthrough or my second? For what it's worth I finished Dark Souls at launch and then did Artorius much later and loved it..never spent money on DAS2 DLC

So, first run with or without DLC?
>>
>>321474447
Honestly, this DLC seems to be meant to be done around Mergo of each run. So right before the finale of the game.
Otherwise you will probably be underpowered for it
>>
File: Bloodborne.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>321447864
killed laurence in about 40 seconds at level 80
the dlc really isnt that hard
>>
I wish guns were for more than just parries. Feels like a waste.

Plus what the hell is the purpose of the cannon? It can't parry, but it doesn't do enough damage per shot to be a legit weapon.
>>
>>321474438

Personally I just don't think randomly-generated dungeons mesh with the design of Souls games, which relies a lot on good level and encounter design that you're never really going to get with random generation. Going through chalice dungeons in Bloodborne reminded me of going through caves in Pikmin 2, I just spent the entire time thinking "why is this even in the game?"

With that said I'm not strictly against their inclusion, since unlike caves in Pikmin 2, the chalice dungeons are optional enough that I can just ignore them if I think they're shit. And it's true that a lot of the problems with chalice dungeons came from the overabundance of reused assets and just general badly-designed elements, and that they would be significantly less annoying if those issues were fixed. In Bloodborne they felt like a dumping ground for stuff that wasn't good enough to get into the main game, even the chalice-only bosses were mostly far worse than the ones in the game proper.
>>
>>321474983

The cannon can do retarded amounts of damage per shot, you just need to build for it and preferably use Bone Marrow Ash.

In general guns will never be your main weapon because that's just not how the game is designed, but they can be quite powerful supporting weapons with the right setup.
>>
>>321474983
it's an alright finisher for bosses that get especially difficult toward the end like FRC bosses
>>
>>321474663
DLC is meant for endgame anyway. So i'd play through normally and when you get to the end you can decide if you wanna do it.
>>
>>321474983
Cannon using invaders are assholes. Chikage fags literally can combo a cannon shot and a slice.
Somehow they can cancel the recoil animation of the cannon and just combo for 2000 damage.
PVP in BB is pretty broken as usual in souls games when you encounter twinks.

Also the Bloodletter Frenzy attack is not percentage based, it can take 2000 HP away if you get hit by the AoE.

I wish technology would progress to the point that equipment capability is averaged out by the game in online PVP matches.
>>
>>321476526

They could already do that if they wanted to take the time to make things balanced, but you know the twinking fags that make up a large portion of the Souls PvP "community" would just complain about it.
>>
>>321476770
>large portion
I haven't been invaded by a twink yet
what level do you consider someone with good gear to be twinking
>>
>>321451442

That isn't why he cursed the people, anon.
>>
>>321474775
What's your build?
>>
>>321476770
The idea that your total HP bar when co-oping is reduced significantly, while weapon damage remains constant, just leaves me questioning.

Maybe it looks good on webms or youtube, but getting one shot by a right hand weapon at full HP when wearing the +10% and +15% HP runes during multiplayer doesn't feel very fair.

Imagine Mask of the Mom users (+10% HP) in Dark Souls on a giant dad/ havel mom build getting one shot by a katana. That's PVP in Bloodborne as of now.

>>321477118
(I should mention I was invaded by twinks only in the DLC, where I got one shot. Invaders at Mensis or the Nightmare Frontier are alright, zero twinks encountered so far unless maybe you match with /vg/ or something.)
>>
>>321477440
50str
34vit
20end
>>
>>321454027
>this random asshole did it, so you can't complain about anything is a Souls game, ever
What is this logic?
>>
>>321450953
I agree with this honestly. Bloodborne feels really unfair, especially when it comes to bosses, to the point that when i defeat them i feel like i got lucky more than anything.

I'm replaying Dark Souls 2 because a friend got it and as much as that game isn't very good compared to the rest of the series, it's really baffling how it feels so much more fair than Bloodborne while also being difficult. Well, with the exception of the Ancient Dragon anyway.
>>
>>321477674
Shit, I'm going arcane. What exactly is Laurence weak too, since he's made of fire and all?
>>
>>321450953
>dodge into his first swing
>hit him for the next 8 seconds as he continues missing his combo
>>
Orphan of Kos has a 6 frame turn around attack, only thing that seems cheap in the game to me.

Skip using visceral attacks if you are looking for a more fun challenge
>>
>>321477896
nothing
>>
>>321454027
That video isn't too impressive considering it's more memory than skill. His Laurence video is ridiculous though.

But there's no way he's on ng7 considering he was surviving things that one shotted me when I have way better armor and 50 vit on ng3 when I fought Laurence.
>>
I'm on my first play through right now, I'm on Kos in the DLC and I just killed Wetnurse, am I at the end of the game? Because it looks that way, should I start working on Kos now or is there still more left too the main game.
>>
>>321481206
Did you find the umbilical cords?
>>
>>321478746
Fighting Orphan when you're in his face the whole time is the most intense fight I've had in the series since the first time I fought the Old Hero in Demon's and didn't realize he was blind so I ran the whole time.
>>
>>321481376
I got one from the Wetnurse but I don't have any others.
>>
Lady Maria > Orphan > Ludwig, The Holy Blade > Living Failures > Ludwig, The Accursed >Laurence
>>
>>321481642
If you sent the whore to the Cathedral Ward, look for her in the sewers under that same area.

If you didn't find the Hunter's Workshop hidden under the Church Workshop, go there and find another cord.

If you haven't yet gone to Iosefka's Clinic from the Forbidden Woods, go there. If you visit after you've killed Rom, you can get a cord.

If you use three or more umbilical cords, you unlock the true ending and can fight the final final boss.
>>
File: 1445913086556.gif (997 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1445913086556.gif
997 KB, 500x373
>>321481842
>mfw living failures channeled the universe to kill me
>>
File: 1440770489741.jpg (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1440770489741.jpg
15 KB, 200x200
>>321474775

Ah, a cheese cutter in the thread, 'tis a wonderful thing to see! If anything, I'll be the one stunlocking. :)
>>
Is the Moon Presence supposed to be the most powerful being lore wise?
I know it's a bitch game wise but from the lore with it being behind everything it seems at the very least on par with Kos or some say Kosm
>>
File: Ebrietas.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ebrietas.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
Does it bother anyone else that they never outright state that Kin and maybe even Great Ones are just Space Aliens? I mean, I get that they're doing a Lovecraft thing, but the evidence is all over the game.
>>
>>321481928
Just to be clear, I just have to use the umbilical cords at any point once I have them, and I'll get the true ending? Or at a specific point?
>>
>>321482276
Lore wise it's second to Odeon I believe.
>>321482465
Just use them and you'll get the final ending.
>>
>>321482369

They never outright state a lot of things- who in the game would know for certain that they're aliens? Maybe Willem, but if anything they seem more like they're transdimensional. The whole dreams = reality theme pretty much puts it out there.
>>
>>321482276
>I know it's a bitch game wise but from the lore
This is seriously a trend with Souls games: The strongest beings in the universe are easy as fuck to kill.
>>
>>321482369
They mention the fucking cosmos a bunch, dude.

>>321482276
You have to remember we fight it in the dream where it has complete control. If we fought it on a different plane of reality I doubt MP would be that powerful.
>>
>>321447864
I don't know OP i am a bonafide scrublord and i don't have a hard time with it.
>>
File: frenzy meter fills up.webm (3 MB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
frenzy meter fills up.webm
3 MB, 1200x720
>>321481980
>They're called Living Failures because they failed to contact the cosmos
>as they fight for their lives against you, they finally manage to make contact and summon the fury of the cosmos upon you
>you attacking them motivates them to finally complete their purpose moments before you murder them
>>
>>321483584
what the fuck is going on in that webm.
>>
can you get overleveled in this game because i have a feeling that it is way to easy?
>>
>>321483584
sauce?
>>
>>321484134
You're in the know, right?
>>
>>321484243
Anything over 120 is overleveled, but you can still play with redditors. People go up to 150 and beyond.

43 is best meta. I don't go beyond 117 and try to stay at 98 for high levels.
>>
>>321483584
why boner
>>
>>321484279
You're going to have to ask /tv/
>>
>>321484428
i'm at rom and level 50, so thats cool
>>
File: Hunter Aliens.png (553 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Hunter Aliens.png
553 KB, 700x700
>>321452304
Spoopy Lovecraft bullshit
>>
>>321484279
possession (1981)

>>321484674
>>321484304
If you keep acting like that people won't like you.
>>
the old hunters is by far the worst piece of souls content and anybody who thinks otherwise is just trying to rationalize their PS4 purchase
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 460x215
I got this for Christmas. Is it any good?
>>
>>321484837
>if you tell someone that you don't know where the webm is from and they should ask the board you got it from, people won't like you
Joke's on you, nobody likes me anyways and now I know where the webm is from.
>>
>>321447864
literally just be above BL 100 and you'll breeze through it. you sound like a kotaku reviewer shitter who doesn't know how to play games.
>>
File: whirligig_saw.jpg (65 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
whirligig_saw.jpg
65 KB, 599x337
>>321482173
>/v/ hates fun
What was that? Couldn't hear you over the sound of all the Blood Echoes I'm getting.
>>
>>321485005
Yeah man, I'm loving it. They just released a new medic, and the tier 1 characters are getting free variants that really change their playstyles. You NEED a mic though, don't be a shitter.
>>
>>321485005
You got it when it was on sale so good job, yes it's a solid game Now that they finally fixed their fucking shit and mostly corrected all their mistakes have fun
>>
>>321484909
I think Bloodborne and the Old Hunters were both great. Still doesn't justify purchasing the ps4 since it's shit but there's no denying the Old Hunters is awesome unless you're in some super important console war and never played it/beat it.

As whiney as PS4 fanboys are, you can always tell when someone is trying to back the PC without saying it. Shitting on the only good PS4 game looks pretty pathetic though.
>>
>>321485613
>6 hours for $20 (compare that to DS2's DLC which offered around 18 hours for me at least for $25 or $30)
>one good boss
>one good, but small area
>copy/pastes from the original game everywhere in the first area
>mostly boring weapons that barely feel different from the weapons already in the game (even if the weapons were great the replayability, RPG mechanics, and PvP still wouldn't be fixed though
>barely any story, a bunch of random fucking characters that spout vague typical bloodborne dialogue and then never do anything ever again

i'm not shitting on bloodborne, it's a 9/10 (although it's not an RPG, more a hack and slash, and the PvP is worthless, the game is only good for one or two playthroughs) but the old hunters is straight up 4/10. it's not redeemable. if b-team sold you guys this shit you would be bitching nonstop, but oh wait, it's le epin spooky bloodborne GOTY i bought a PS4 just for this so it's okay.
>>
File: spin2win.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
spin2win.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>321484909
Would you care to explain? The level design is on point and varied, the new bosses are fun and distinct, the weapons area all unique and stand out from each other, and every single one is usable (the boomhammer is the worst and you can still make it work in pvp). The sheer amount of content added was fantastic in supplementing the main game and fixing BB's problems (namely, not many weapons and not many endgame areas).

Also pizza cutter is GOAT strength weapon.

>>321486053
Oh wait you're just shit. One good boss? Mostly boring weapons? Are you high as fuck?
>>
File: waifu_fight.jpg (716 KB, 3506x2550) Image search: [Google]
waifu_fight.jpg
716 KB, 3506x2550
>>321486053
If you've only spent six hours, that's your business. I've spent at least 15, and haven't really been keeping track.

I also think each of the weapons it added are a lot of fun. The worst ones are the Saif, just because it's pretty similar to the cleaver, and the hammer, just because it doesn't seem to hit that hard.

All three areas are really interesting both visually and in layout, and the bosses are all a lot of fun to fight, even if they're difficult.

You're entitled to your opinion, just like you're entitled to be entirely fucking wrong about it.
>>
>>321486701
Saif has that fucking delicious moveset. I expected it to be boring but holy shit, the moveset is on point. Glorious free dashes from R1.

Also it's a pretty solid weapon for arcane builds as well as skill builds, which is always nice.
>>
File: he does it for free.jpg (3 MB, 2000x7791) Image search: [Google]
he does it for free.jpg
3 MB, 2000x7791
>>321485005
>>321485231
>>321485379
>>
>>321485613
>Still doesn't justify purchasing the ps4 since it's shit
No single game should ever justify buying an entire console.
>>
>>321486161
>The level design is on point and varied

first area is mostly just straight corridors, second area is just a simplified version of the duke's archives, third area is pretty good but nothing incredible (although i like the area overall)

>the new bosses are fun and distinct
ludwig feels like a mix of ebrietas and the one reborn (which is a bad thing); so many one or two shots that come out super quick, shitty hitboxes, stupid ass loud overdone obnoxious noises, consistent 20ish framerate. 1/10 boss

living failures is literally pinwheel, 2/10 boss

maria is just another lame ass visceral bait hunter, barely any different from gehrman, pthumerian descendant, and logarius, 4/10 boss

stupid fucking cleric beast copy, fuck this shit, 0/10

orphan of kos is great though, genuine 9 or 10/10 boss

>the weapons area all unique

lol

also, i don't care about weapons, because bloodborne pvp sucks shit and there's still no replayability unless you're a total fanboy

>The sheer amount of content added was fantastic

lol, $20 for 3 small areas? are you serious? jesus christ dude

>Oh wait you're just shit

no. the only parts that gave me trouble were ludwig and that stupid part with the two sharks. everything else was either really boring and easy or just fun (the third area)

>>321486701
If you've only spent six hours, that's your business. I've spent at least 15, and haven't really been keeping track.

unless you're retarded, the DLC is 6-8 hours long. and i explore everything and get every item that i can, i'm not a rusher.

>All three areas are really interesting both visually and in layout, and the bosses are all a lot of fun to fight, even if they're difficult.

first area was just a slighlty different looking cathedral ward, how the fuck is that interesting lol

second area was a slightly gloomier duke's archives, fucking snorefest

third area was good
>>
Are there any pre-set builds for complete shitters like me? I'm trying to go mainly skill, and some endurance
>>
>>321486924
Yeah. I personally find it to be the worst in a lineup of amazing weapons. All of the DLC weapons are great. And they even went so far as to make the Beast Claws even more fun.
>>
>>321486053
Jokes on you I like DaS2 more than Bloodborne.

But the one good boss is complete bullshit. Orphan and Maria are great fights, and Ludwig although not my favorite is good too. Living Failures is ok and Laurence is complete horseshit.

That whole swamp area was good and looked good. Was also fairly big. None of the other areas were bad by any means, and the setting for Orphan was amazing.

The first area was a small part though. Not saying it wasn't annoying but it was different enough.

The weapons were amazing in the dlc though. That's complete troll shit to say they were boring.

It expanded on the story and gave us Kos although dead. It explained why the Doll looks like she does and why she's there. As well as what Ludwig did and Laurence. And another faction of shit.

I don't think you even played the dlc. And no, no matter how good one game is it will never justify a console. PS4 is a multiplat machine. That doesn't mean it can't have great content on it.
>>
File: 1440996947148.jpg (87 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1440996947148.jpg
87 KB, 500x600
>>321487106
>Ludwig is 1/10
>>
>>321451368
ebrietas is a kin you mongoloid not a great one
>>
>>321487210
>It expanded on the story and gave us Kos although dead. It explained why the Doll looks like she does and why she's there. As well as what Ludwig did and Laurence. And another faction of shit.

sure, there was some good lore stuff, but there were so many worthless characters that did jack shit and had boring dialogue. and there just wasn't much of a cohesive story. after i beat orphan of kos, i had no idea the DLC was over. i was searching around for somewhere else ago, because i thought i was only halfway done. they straight up said the DLC was originally going to be split into two, but they combined it into one "big" one instead, and they said that the DLC was going to be bigger than we think. well, they were wrong because it was the size of an average souls DLC, which is ridiculous after the crowns trilogy which were half the price each

>I don't think you even played the dlc

typical fanboy rebuttal
>>
>>321487484
Ebrietas is both kin and a great one. This is confirmed in the trophy.
>>
>>321487437
>HAHAHAHA DUDE HE'S SUCH A HARD BOSS THAT MEANS HE'S GOOD RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!? BOSSES THAT TAKE 8 MINUTES TO KILL AND CAN MURDER YOU AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE WITH SHIT HITBOXES AND RANDOM FLAILING APPENDAGES ARE FUCKING GREAT DUDE AMAZING FUCKING DESIGN
>>
>>321487106
>also, i don't care about weapons, because bloodborne pvp sucks shit and there's still no replayability unless you're a total fanboy
SEEMS LEGIT GUYS
>>
File: Cena.jpg (50 KB, 414x409) Image search: [Google]
Cena.jpg
50 KB, 414x409
>>321487106
>shit taste: the post
>>
>>321487672
lol, people actually play bloodborne pvp? christ

i'm saying that just because some group autismos plays the shit out of this game does not mean that it actually has replay value. some people play COD campaigns over and over too.
>>
>>321487647
How fucking miserable are you, guy? Ludwig isn't even that hard, the second phase is easy as shit and the first phase is all about knowing when to dodge and when to back off. If you just R1 spam of course he's hard.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.