[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the first game i should buy for this thing? never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2
File: NewN3DSXL_black.jpg (98 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
NewN3DSXL_black.jpg
98 KB, 1000x1000
what's the first game i should buy for this thing? never played most of the remakes/ports.
>>
>>321443023

>Buying 3DS games
What firmware you on senpai?
>>
so was there even a point to the n3ds?
>>
>>321443023
Monster hunter 4U
>>
>>321443131
how do i hack this thing
>>
>>321443354

You tell me what version your system is on first. Open settings
>>
Zelda game (OoT, MM and A link between worlds are on 3DS, all gr8)
Etrian Odyssey (basically any one) if you like dungeon crawlers
Monster Hunter.
Download a bunch of demos, most of the games mentioned have one.

I got my n3ds like a month ago, my first handheld/nintendo console since the gb color, and I've since caught up on all these franchises I missed.
>>
>>321443430
10.3.0-28U
>>
>>321444254
UR FUKT
>>
Monster Hunter 4U is currently on sale on the Eshop for $23 or something.

Definitely worth it.
>>
>>321444254

You're fugged for free piracy
If you want to get a flashcart, gey a Sky3DS or Sky3DS+

Anyway, games.
Try an Etrian Odyssey game. Demo progress transfers to the main game so you can try before you buy.
There's a bunch of good SMT games, newcomers should get IV.
Super Mystery Dungeon is great, if you played the older ones you know what to expect. Not shit like GtI.
>>
>>321444785
fuck i just updated to look at the eshop. there's no way to restore?
>>
>>321445460
You'd have to be on 9.2 or lower, and if you just got it today it probably had a newer firmware to begin with.
My N3DS I got day one had 9.3 on it already.
And no, you can't downgrade.
>>
>>321445460

Nope
You probably weren't in luck before anyway, but was worth checking

Also, get eShop Cave Story (not 3D) and Bit Trip Saga for fun Indie shit
>>
>>321444785
>You're fugged for free piracy
Wait, so you're saying if I have a N3DS at 9.0x I don't need my gateway anymore?
I've been out of the loop for a few months now.
>>
>>321447535

That is correct
>>
>>321447597
Well. I'll go do some research then.
Different thing though, can I convert .3ds roms to .cia with my N3DS?
I've been trying to google this shit for a while, but I only find old, outdated or conflicting information.
>>
>>321447806

Pretty sure you can use rxtools to generate xorpads for simple cia converter.
Do you have emunand already? Do you have a cia installer (DevMenu, BigBlueMenu, FBI) installed on your emunand?
>>
>>321448124
Yeah I have emunand and all the stuff to install shit.
>>
>>321448363
There's no real reason to bother converting .3ds to .cia, 3dsiso has most games worth downloading in CIA format anyway
>>
>>321443023
I swear I got carpal tunnel from kid icarus uprising. Worth it
>>
>>321448363

Then it's as simple as dumping browserhax, cakesfw and related files on your sd card and using browserhax to run cakesfw. Cakes and gateway use the same emunand and run the same cias.
Also you might want NTR CFW. It stacks with whatever CFW you're using for extra features, including overclocking games with no specific N3DS support. And Themehax gives you boot time CFW without internet or CFW access
>>
>>321443023

Kid Icarus Uprising
A Link between Worlds
Fire Emblem Awakening
Bravely Default
Tales of the Abyss

in that order
>>
>>321448660
I suppose so. A bunch of obscure Japan only games were a pain in the ass to obtain though.

>>321448786
Thanks.
>>
>>321448786

>Or Cubic Ninja access
I'm tired and drunk, excuse me
>>
whatever i bought link's awakening and i'm having fun
>>
>not buying the -mo/-blox games

Fuck, they even give part of Stretchmo/Fullblox away for free. Not saying that game is worth the nickel-and-diming they're doing for it, but the other two games certain are worth getting.
>>
>>321443206
some games run slightly better and you can play either the glitchy unplayable port of binding of isaac or the visually repugnant port of xenoblade

basically if you play MH or Smash a bunch you might upgrade, but if you've never had the console you might as well get the best one
>>
>>321451414
It's also usefull if you have access to homebrew, since some emulators take advantage of the more powerful hardware and you can even 'overclock' older games to make things like MGS3D not run like ass.
>>
Style Savvy: Trendsetters
>>
which firmware versions are hackable at the moment? is there a list or chart somewhere?
>>
>>321453964

9.2 and below
>>
>>321453964
9.2 or lower.
>>
>>321444785
>gey a Sky3DS or Sky3DS+

How do these work exactly? I had a flash cart for the normal DS, I just downloaded the file, tossed it on there, and away I went.

This the same kind of deal or?
>>
>>321454782

You need to use a piece of client software to put the shit on the SD card but thats pretty much how ot works.
>>
>>321455041
Sweet, does it work on any firmware, should I be concerned about updating or whatnot, and am I still able to play online / use the E-shop if I use one?

Also, is the software on the DS or my PC?

Also, what's the difference between the SkyDS and the plus?
>>
>>321456158

Any firmware. Updating shouldn't be an issue but it doesn't hurt to check. You might have to jump through a few hoops for online, eshop is all fine.

PC, you just press a button on the card to cycle through games.

Sky3DS won't play games newer than FE:If or HHD, + should play any
>>
Can someone ELI5 the difference between CakesFW and rxTools? I opened my N3DS import to be pleasantly surprised that it was 9.1J.

Also; what's up with being able to "stack" NTR on top of other CFWs? I'll be honest, I'm pretty new to the 3DS scene besides for Kickass Homebrew.
>>
>>321456685

CakesFw doesn't do much but does it all well
Rxtools has been made by incompetent devs since 2.6, does lots and is unstable crap.
It's to do with thr distinction between kernel and user mode
>>
>>321443307
This
>>
SMT IV
>>
>>321443023
Get a fucking Nintendo DS flashcard and play all the great Nintendo DS games you tool.
Also: dont get New Super Mario Brois 2. The DS game is great but 2 is an awful rehash.
>>
Fire Emblem Awakening, SMT IV, and SMT Soul Hackers are easy to recommend.

I did enjoy Castlevania Mirror of Fate but you're only going to play through it one time, and it isn't very long (6-7 hrs) so make sure you are comfortable spending the money.

Luigi's Mansion Dark of the Moon... I have mixed feelings on. On one hand it has a cool action/puzzle aspect, on the other hand, some of the puzzles feel a bit tedious and some of the boss fights are cheap and obnoxious enough that I wanted to quit.

Started screwin' around in Smash Brothers on 3ds... and well, its smash brothers. The controls are reasonable enough but it is a little hard to spot your character in 4player matches at times. Depends on how you like fighting games. But it is definitely a good looking game.
>>
>>321456869

Can you give an example of something that CakesFW can't do? Also, what does NTR do specifically?
>>
>>321457189

Cakes doesn't do region free by itself, but most CIAs are region free and NTR can take care of it if they're not.

With A N3DS the best bit of NTR is overclocking, but it does a whole bunch of shit
>>
>>321456376
Does newer than include FE14 or does it still work for Sky3DS
>>
>>321457475

Non-inclusive, sorry m8
>>
>>321457540

I mean it doesn't work on old sky3ds, fuck I'm tired
>>
>>321456376
The new Sky3ds bypasses Anti-Piracy checks and has an updateable FW.
Goes by the name sky3ds+ or some shit and has 2 orange buttons.
>>
>>321457373

I'm guessing that CakesFW doesn't have FIRMLAUNCH then? Would that mean, if I used Cakes, I'd have to download fixed .cias?
>>
>>321457682
Iam a huge faggot for not reading your whole post, sorry.
>>
idk just stay away from any pokemon or mario game and you should be fine desu
>>
>>321457742

Cakes does have firmlaunch, but you need cryptofixed cias for anything past 9.5. It's like that for every n3ds cfw
>>
>>321457879

Hmm. The impression I got from /hbg/ was that with FIRMLAUNCH you'd be fine with un-edited .cias. I guess those anons were faggots?

I'm getting the feeling I should stick with CakesFW and NTR. Are there any specific reasons I might want to have rxTools instead?

Also; thanks for dealing with my noob ass.
>>
>>321458075

Nah, they generally know what they're talking around. Switching cfw is pretty simple anyway, way simpler than first time setup.
So use cakes and switch if you want
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.