[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Story Silly monster of the week, Saturday morning cartoon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg (139 KB, 322x400) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg
139 KB, 322x400
>Story
Silly monster of the week, Saturday morning cartoon rubbish

>Characters
One dimensional, cliché anime tropes. Dull.

>Combat
Excellent

>Exploration
Great

>World Design
Great

>Art direction
Fantastic

>Music
Mostly generic anime garbage & compositionally bland, overproduced Linkin Park/El Nino-inspired melodies. Some cool tracks here & there, though, but mostly forgettable.

>Gameplay in general
Overall, it's fun, but it's not without glaring odd design choices that are a bit frustrating.

>Cutscene direction
The fully animated bigger event cinematics are wonderfully directed, but these are so few & far between & the large majority of the scenes are of the less dynamic kind: stiff animations with some awkward cutscene direction & some odd choices regarding what kind of music plays over some scenes.

Overall, this game is no more than an 8/10. Maybe even a 7.5/10.
>>
use fucking catalog, you retard
>>
File: 1325215872564.jpg (82 KB, 300x321) Image search: [Google]
1325215872564.jpg
82 KB, 300x321
>>321441123
>Combat
>Excellent
I have fun with it, but in no way is it excellent.
>>
>>321441123

>Music

Well that's disappointing. The music is half the reason I liked Xenoblade.
>>
Censored shit

It goes right into the trash
>>
>>321443553
Fucking retard, i swear
>>
>>321443694

If you're going to insult me, at least use your words like a big boy so I know exactly why you're disgruntled.
>>
>>321443553
Actually the music in XCX is way better than XC's OST in my opinion.
>>
>>321443639
What if he's talking about the jap version? GTFO americuck
>>
>>321445113
>UH
>UH
>YEAH
>HUAH YEAH
>YEAH YEAH YEAH

>WAN
>TOO
>TREE
>FOH

>ONE BY OOOONE

>HELLO
>IS THIS THING ON
>I NEED A BIGGER GUN
>>
File: no.jpg (63 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
63 KB, 700x700
>>321441123
>Combat
>Excellent

Fuck off. Ground combat is excellent, but for some reason they decided to make Skell combat literally "press art on CD" garbage with no cool synergies or tactical elements like secondary CDs. And the even bigger issue is that using your skell is mandatory for some of the big main story fights and against partially airborne enemies like enemy skells.

Fucking fuck, ever since i got my Skell the game has dropped immensely in terms of fun. FUCK
>>
File: 1449818906476.jpg (69 KB, 550x710) Image search: [Google]
1449818906476.jpg
69 KB, 550x710
>>321445529
>I CANNOT SEE YOU
>I CANNOT HEAR YOU
>WOOAH WOOOO WOOOO YEAH
>>
File: 1276394531451.jpg (14 KB, 250x370) Image search: [Google]
1276394531451.jpg
14 KB, 250x370
>>321446012
>Ground combat is excellent
It's not though. It's even simpler than the first and if it wasn't for soul voices, your party has no reason to be there.
>>
Combat's alright. Actually being able to use mobility to your advantage in more ways than attacking a blindside would be nice. The fact that I can hit an enemy with my sword without making contact irks me. Is distance even taken into consideration with damage?

Then again more mobility would be a not-so-good juxtaposition with the way combat is. It's still fun, but there's something unsatisfying about it.
>>
>>321446730
>Is distance even taken into consideration with damage?
no. Only whether you are in range or not.
>>
>>321446603
XC had Chain attacks as a good feature
XCX has combos and secondary CDs as a good feature

One trash thing about XCX is classes though, in XC you had characters with defining mechanics, like Dunban, his Auras and Blossom dance, or Melia, who could stack up different elements and then release them and enter ether form or whatever and dish out ridiculous damage.

Sharla was trash tho
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4D.jpg (482 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4D.jpg
482 KB, 1280x720
>generic anime garbage
Give me a single anime with this OST that isn't done by the same composer.
Also post party
>>
>>321447164
Sharla was fine. She was the healer, I switched her in when my damage output clearly wasn't high enough to take a boss/tyrant down and had her heal me through it.
>>
>>321447450
>Give me a single anime with this OST that isn't done by the same composer.
What did he mean by this?
>>
My biggest problem with the game is everything related to the characters. Why are the reserve slots even there if you can't actually reserve party members to quickly swap in and out? Why do I have do run around looking for party members every single time I want to use someone? Hell, why even have 20 or so recuitable characters when they're all so fucking bland I sometimes don't even remember who I have in my party until I actively think about it.
>>
It's an 8/10 worthy of the GOTY title though. If you were as critical as this for the other titles that is.
>>
>>321441123
Sounds like you want to watch a movie not play a game.
>>
>>321446603
>even simpler than the first
The first one was nothing but chain attack after chain attack for the entire story. And after that was just "add night vision and kill the ones that you couldn't hit".
I don't know what makes you think the first one has anything more complicated than X
>>
>>321446417
The music in Noctilum sound like Phil Collins in Tarzan.
>>
>>321448406
>I don't know what makes you think the first one has anything more complicated than X
High/Low Tension
Party of characters that play very differently
Visions let you strategize a way to save people in trouble
Chain Attacks make you think about party setup, what order to put them in the chain and which skills to use
Hitting mechon without proper weapons or buffs with stagger and topple you

now lets compare that to XCX
no such thing
characters all feel the same, you pick members based on their soul voices matching your art setup than what they can actually do
no such thing, if someone is about to die in XCX you just hope a Soul voice/command appears, how boring
Overdrive is just spamming till late game where you can make it a mmo rotation that lasts forever, doesn't require much thought at all
no such thing
>>
>>321448751
I like the music in Noctilum.
>>
>>321449383
>High/Low Tension
Tension Point buildup and Overclock

>Party of characters that play very differently
Only 3, 1 is shit, 2 cannot even be played properly by the AI. Meanwhile X has a million classes all with unique arts and skills.

>Visions
Gimmick that stop being fun when you are more than 30 hours into the game. Does nothing but make you build on the blue bar to use the correct monado art or use a chain attack to do the same thing you would've done anyway.

>Hitting mechon without proper weapons or buffs with stagger and topple you
This is shit. That's like saying that having the angel/demon system in DmC is good.
>>
>>321449383
vision were the worst fucking thing in xenoblade, especially if you fought something a higher than you and they would trigger every 5 seconds
>>
>>321449921
>Tension Point buildup
Literally a MP bar. Not the same thing at all.
>Overclock
A boring mechanic your retarded party members don't use well anyway.
>Only 3
So 3 more than XCX's 0.
>2 cannot even be played properly by the AI.
0 can be played properly by the AI in XCX
> Meanwhile X has a million classes all with unique arts and skills.
Lel. You are the only one that can change classes and make something "unique", your party members are static and almost indistinguishable from eachother.
>Visions
>Gimmick
No, soul voices are gimmick. When someone was going to die in XC, you could think up a way to save them using various arts, in XCX you can do absolutely nothing but wait for a soul voice/command. There's a reason why you don't pay for skells destroyed by your party members
>This is shit.
No, hitting skells and zu pharg with a knife and destroying them is shi.
>>
File: 1386127764877 saki.png (254 KB, 532x475) Image search: [Google]
1386127764877 saki.png
254 KB, 532x475
>>321450692
>All that wasted time
>mfw when 4 visions one after the other each with their own little load time
>>
>>321448190
Fuck off Miyamoto
>>
>>321451595
He likes his cinematic experiences to have good gameplay
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.