[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most new games run like fucking shit on my computer and I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: speccy.png (74 KB, 677x536) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
74 KB, 677x536
Most new games run like fucking shit on my computer and I don't know why. How do I fix this?
>>
>>321430868
>Intel HD graphics
oh anon, don't pick a laptop for vidya if you don't know what you're getting into, you got fucked hard

if you're just a nigger that stole it go to the pawn shop and get yourself a decent desktop
>>
>>321431242
This is a desktop.
>>
File: 1419970161273.jpg (35 KB, 500x476) Image search: [Google]
1419970161273.jpg
35 KB, 500x476
>Intel HD graphics.
>>
>>321431598
How do I fix it?
>>
>>321431540
Just go to best buy, ask for the geek squad service, they'll give you the solution and go to your home and install the upgrades you need and update your drivers, it only costs like $50/hour
>>
>>321431791
I don't want to pay $50 for something I can look up online.
>>
>>321431920
seriously if you can't tell what's wrong with your computer right now, chances are you're going to break it trying to fix it.
>>
>>321432805
Tell me how to fix it
>>
>>321430868
You have to replace your Intel HD Graphics 4000 Lenovo. This is not something you can change in the settings. It is a physical change.

You need to literally open the computer, remove the Lenovo, go to a computer store, buy an actual fucking Graphics card, and put it back in your PC.

That's the only way to fix this. Your motherboard is also total shit, but it isn't having as big an impact as the Lenovo 4000 trash.

The i7 and 8 gigs of RAM are fine. The Sata is fine too. The audio is ehh. Not going to make it or break it.
>>
>>321433262
Are there any cheap graphics cards better than Intel HD?
>>
>>321433546
Ahh, sadly, the graphics card is generally the most expensive part of a computer build.

For an i7 and 8 gigs of ram, most people building a new computer would get a GTX 970. Those are about $400 to $450 USD.

A GTX 960 is "okay", but still $250.

Generally, an i7 and a GTX 970 are paired together. A GTX 960 goes with like an i3.

If you bought a pre-built PC, they completely fucked your ass and gave you that lemon graphics card you currently have. That's the #1 spot they cut corners.
>>
>>321430868

You need an actual GPU, anon. Go here.
http://www.logicalincrements.com

Pick a GPU in your price range.

Make sure you have the PCIe slot (and a good power supply!) to fit the GPU in your case. If it's a particularly small form factor case you may be SOL.

Plug the GPU into the slot, plug the power cable into the GPU. If you fuck this part up, you're retarded.

Install drivers. Enjoy.
>>
>>321435186
>Spoonfeeding
I forgive you because it's christmas and probably got it as a gift or something

But you should know better anon, this isn't even the right place to ask for tech support on fucking 4chan.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.