[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metal Gear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Metal gear rex.jpg (26 KB, 605x400) Image search: [Google]
Metal gear rex.jpg
26 KB, 605x400
So why do people in the Metal Gear world keep building Metal Gears when they've been constantly destroyed with rocket launchers and grenades?
>>
>>321425557
they're... intimidating?
>>
Because they can launch a STEALTH NUKE DUDE!!!!!! What? Submarines can do that too? Fuck.
>>
>>321425557

They're badass.
>>
>>321425557
U forgot about chaff grenades
>>
>>321425557
To be fair, you need to remember that REX only got destroyed because an insane experimental subsonic cyborg ninja used a railgun to destroy the radome in a suicide attack.
The rest are pretty stupid, though. ZEKE gets props for being a decent missile platform
>>
Because kojimbo is a hack doing the same shit slightly different for like 8 games now and im never gonna play a metar gear other than rising
Every single cutscene ive ever seen from his shitty games was cringeworthy and just screams autism, which explains a lot of his fanbase desu senpai
>>
>>321425557
>Shagohod - All terrain tank. Undetectable by radar. A mobile platform capable of launching Russian's version of a ICBM at the US using 2 phased missile.
>Peace Walker - All terrain quad/bipedal AI enabled robot capable of launching Hydrogen bomb as a nuclear deterrent.
>Zeke - Kojima went nuclear on this one
>Metal gear dick - Literally a walking nuclear bomb
>Rex - Stealth ICBM using railgun as a launching platform
>Metal Gear D - same as Zeke but uglier
>Ray - massed produced AI Gears for Arsenal Gear
Something to do with mechas and nuclear bombs
>>
>>321428353
why do people keep assuming legs on mechs make them all terrain?
trick to making something heavy go over terrain is maximizing surface area
>>
>>321425557

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De2SuYAjrdY
>>
>>321428478
Because those gears can climb and jump. Like 10 stories tall or upwards because Kojima.
>>
File: cBXBIOj.jpg (74 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
cBXBIOj.jpg
74 KB, 540x540
Patriot embezzlement. It's an impressive piece of hardware that gets investors excited. They're made for a LOT cheaper than they look (which is why they're so weak) and the Patriots can put that money into their actual world controlling funds.
>>
>>321428478
Science Fiction, anon. It just works.

Why the fuck is captcha asking my for multiple solutions fuck you
>>
File: 1450770074672.jpg (49 KB, 1023x661) Image search: [Google]
1450770074672.jpg
49 KB, 1023x661
>>321428703
>They're made for a LOT cheaper than they look
>Solidus sold the blueprints for REX throughout the world because he knew they wouldn't have the money to build it
Don't try to justify Kojima's retardation. These things are functional are present a huge threat in MGS universe.
>>
>>321425557

Because next time they'll totally do better.
>>
>>321426138
Well technically they would still be useful to landlocked countries who don't have any source of ocean to send submarines in.
>>
>>321428478
It's the concept of a tank capable of moving independently, with no support. It stomps through terrain that tanks can't bypass like steep inclines, rubble and small buildings. It can weave in and out of forested areas (REX can side step rather well).

Plus it's a literal walking armory. Snake fought REX knowing the radome was its weakness, and understood its approach because of Otacon AND Grey Fox crippled it. If REX went up against a bunch of soldiers and tanks that weren't aware of its capabilities it'd be a different story. The soldiers don't know its weak points and REX could just step over or on a tank before its turret could line up (provided it could get close enough to close distance, and it was proven quite fast in MGS4). The thing could roar and it's bestial in appearance so it would be pretty intimidating.

Keeping these things in mind and the fact that most wouldn't guess it had a nuke, a Metal Gear could charge or sneak into or close to enemy territory and launch its nuke without early warning systems detecting the nukes propulsion.

A Metal Gear would be most valuable in its initial deployment though, as again, most wouldn't think of it having a nuke. Afterwords, if the nuke was discovered, enemies could announce the dangers of it and take more rapid and drastic measures to defeat it, but it could still be a viable threat in common battlefields.

BUT I DUNNO MAN! I GUESS that's what Kojima was goin for I just like robots n' shit maybe he does too I have a REX model on my entertainment center so fuck off I dunno I ain't no patriot~
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.