[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Half of all US adults play video games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_3.png (23 KB, 598x241) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
23 KB, 598x241
10% call themselves "gamers".

Time to get a day job guys.

http://www.pewinternet.org/
>>
what?
>>
Video Games were a mistake.
>>
So Farmville and Candy Crush Saga are considered games now.
>>
>>321419438
Why wouldn't they be?
>>
>Calling yourself a gamer
Why the fuck do people do this? It's like their personality is so bland that they need to identify as something.
I read books too, but I don't go around telling people I'm a reader.
>>
>>321418443
>Half of American adults *EVER* play video games

Meaning at one point in their life, they played games.

Don't let these studies reinforce you to keep on with your overly expensive man-child hobby. Literally no CEO, Boss, or respected person in society goes home after a hard days work and plays The Fucking Witcher 3 or Mario Kart. You will NEVER move forward in life if you're constantly dishing out $70 for a game + $50 for the 3 DLC packs + the $60 a year it takes to play your little console online.

For only $100 a month, you can join ANY martial art gym and learn a real world skill with your body. For $40 a month you can join a 24/7 gym. For a one time small price of $100 you can buy rock climbing gear and climb some shit. For a one time offer of $400-700. You can buy a damn nice bike and take up mountain biking/road biking, etc.

Spend your money wisely. There's a reason gamers aren't respected in society and have a reputation is idiotic, childish deadbeats.
>>
>>321418443
>video games
Fucking nerds.
Good to know im part of a community that doesnt actually play them. Just whines about them.
We're the alphas. Society is beta.
>>
>>321419702
This desu senpai
>>
>>321418443
>Time to get a day job guys.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>321419702
Even if its not athletic, you can get an arduino kit for 30 bucks on the website banggood and learn electrical engineering. It's so fun. Or download python and learn easy programming for free. And no, not so that you can make games.
At least be doing something that could help you get a job and is much more rewarding and thoughtful.
>>
>>321418443
I am a booker
I am a movier
I am a comicer
I am a gamer
>>
I don't identify as one because of the stigma and the people who do tend to be faggots, so this poll is pretty worthless
>>
>>321419702
>$400-700 for a nice bike
Confirmed for knowing knowing about bikes. That price range will get you entry level garbage.
>>
>>321419672
high five! us silly readers! XD
>>
File: 1379443124592.gif (125 KB, 411x290) Image search: [Google]
1379443124592.gif
125 KB, 411x290
When did Gamer become a social symbol anyway? I thought it was just a simpler way of saying video game fan.
>>
>>321418443
ameriblob: a nation of manchilds. china should nuke them soon, seriously.
>>
>>321420234
>When did Gamer become a social symbol anyway?

When The Big Bang Theory came out
>>
>>321419702
>ANY martial art gym and learn a real world skill with your body

Why would I go to a Mcdojo when I can just use a pipe bomb?
>>
>>321419702
While "gamers" are pathetic wastes, but you're still a talentless cuck that tries to substitute natural ambition and skill for discipline
>>
>>321420034
>Ardunio kit
I've never hear of them before, but I'll have to look into since it looks pretty interesting. I've always been interested in building shit.
>>
>>321420174
Depends on the bike brah, i spent 800 on a decent hardtail.
>>
>>321419702
>he says as he shitposts on an anime image board devoted to video games
>>
Objectifying yourself is as shitty as objectifying memes.
>>
>>321419702
>Literally no CEO, Boss,
A literal tiny minority of the Earth's population
>or respected person in society goes home after a hard days work and plays
What is Japan. Games are one of the many ways they escape their miserable ant colony life. They won't admit it openly, but then they won't openly admit watching movies or anime either. What the fuck do you think they do with their very limited free time? Because it sure as hell isn't fucking.
>>
>49%
>half
liberal jewish media at work here
>>
>>321419702
>For a one time small price of $100 for rock climban
If you want to die. Good set up should be around 220 unless you're a child and use child size things
>>
>>321418443
>"hey anon, um, do you read?"
yeah, i love reading!
>"cool!"
>mfw i have no face and im a comic book tard

LOOK AT ME GUISE I'M WHATEVER SHITPLACE OP CAME FROM
>>
>>321419702
I've always wondered why people who hates videogames so much post on /v/ of all places.
>>
Guys I need a new marketing term to define my personality with. "Gamer" is clearly oldhat.
>>
>>321421390
Try Gaymer. That's what all the hip kids are saying
>>
>>321419672
It's just a fucking descriptor for an enthusiast.

Nobody, fucking absolutely NOBODY, is saying "I'm a gamer and that's all my existence amounts to."

Fucking hell. It isn't that hard to comprehend.

It's like saying you're male. Or an athlete. Or a musician. Or a cook. Is that ALL you are?
No, of course not.
>>
>>321420358
>but you're still a talentless cuck that tries to substitute natural ambition and skill for discipline
So if you're not naturally adept at shit you shouldn't even bother trying to overcome them?
>>
File: 1449984582593.gif (178 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449984582593.gif
178 KB, 500x500
>>321421303
Because everyone that actually likes video games are on /vg/ all the time. /v/ is literally for shitposting about video games at this point.
>>
>>321418443
>you can't have a job and play games
Learn to manage your time faggot.
>>
i bait people i'm a hooker
>>
>>321423387
Here's the thing (for me personally):
Back in the day, I didn't used to want to be called a gamer because people made fun of me.

Now I don't want to be called a gamer because of the second hand embarrassment I get from all the stupid normies that call themselves gamers.

It's not a hard concept to grasp, anon.
>>
File: 1437296541863.jpg (76 KB, 610x660) Image search: [Google]
1437296541863.jpg
76 KB, 610x660
>>321418443
It could be worse actually, but the media is to blame for all the "VIDYA GAMES ARE EPIC NOW XDD"

Go to your mom, chances are she isn't saying how amazing Fallout 4 is. She's just playing very bad phone games when she's watching Oprah or something. Reddit is the next circle where people gloat about how amazing WRPGs are.
And finally there's this shithole, where everybody talks about how much they love Nep Neps

Although I do miss at least the old internet where I didn't get to hear from retards.
>>
When did nerd/geekdom become a thing for normies to "identify" as?
>>
>>321424781
>Although I do miss at least the old internet where I didn't get to hear from retards.
Fuck Mark Zuckerberg.
>>
>>321424796

Around the time Portal came out. Big Bang Theory was the confirmation
>>
>>321418443
I've been playing video games for over a quarter of a century. I've owned a top of the line PC for almost all that time and every major console since the SNES.

I don't call myself a "gamer" because I'm not a shallow dipshit who needs to define myself by my hobbies.
>>
>>321425027
>Portal
THE CAKE IS A LIE, yeah?
>>
>>321423387
desu a lot of people who call themselves gamers do use it as there only reason for existence

hence backlash when other people play games
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.