[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to replay some good crpg NWN2 or Pillars of Eternity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Pillars_of_Eternity.jpg (16 KB, 220x305) Image search: [Google]
Pillars_of_Eternity.jpg
16 KB, 220x305
I want to replay some good crpg
NWN2 or Pillars of Eternity? Which one is more fun?
>>
If you're counting Mask of the Betrayer, then NWN2. Pillars of Eternity is great too, though.
>>
>>321414454
NWN2

Pillars of Eternity lacks any soul a fun CRPG should have.
>>
If you haven't played D:OS, gwt D:OS
>>
>>321416956
?
It's literally BG2 and planescape, but with better writing andbalance
Because obsidian are compentent developers
>>
>>321414454
>replay

so you know both of them already?
Why do you have to ask which one is more fun?

Play something you don't already know.
>>
>>321417794
>Balance in a single player game

That's why it's garbage
>>
>>321416956
I am playing it right now and i think that you are being a bit too hard on it.I have not really made up my mind about a lot of things in the game but the game is certainly not bad or soulless.

Stuff i don't like
>> the new attribute system
>> no xp for mobs with tons of mobs
>> few encounter skills and magic limited usages between resting
>>meh items overall

And i do not think that the core nwn2 campaign is very good. Replayed the whole thing in the spring this year and even with nostalgia i was bored at times. Perhaps there were just too many dungeons for my taste though.
>>
>>321417794
>It's literally BG2 and planescape
It's not. The writing isn't that good, too much purple prose even by BG2 standards.
>>
>>321417794
>balance
Nah fuck you, every weapon is samey shit I can just make, even the special ones. That's hot garbage
>>
>>321418083
The expansion of NWN2 is good.

Pillars of eternity is soulless in its story and its atmosphere.
>>
>>321418083
did you get the expansion? Soulbound weapons are pretty cool
>>
>>321417794
>but with better writing

If you think Pillars had better characters or storyline than Planescape, I must assume you haven't played Planescape.

PoE's plot lacked a lot of the emotional impact of PS:T. Hell, it doesn't even measure up to MotB. It was actually a bit disappointing, to be honest.
>>
>>321418083
>And i do not think that the core nwn2 campaign is very good

You are right, but vanilla NWN2 had a lot of fun moments that stood out from the rest of the bland campaign, like Ammon Jerro's sanctum and the trial.

And storywise, Mask of the Betrayer is so much better than Pillars it's not even funny. It doesn't even feel like it was made by the same dev team.
>>
>>321418602
in terms of writing, it wasn't, I think. MotB was written mainly by Avellone and Ziets. Ziets works at inXile and Avellone only did 2 companions for PoE (which are good imo)
>>
>>321418083
Pillars SEEMS to be good until the plot kicks in, then it completely falls apart
>>
>>321419092
It was shit since first battle
>>
NWN2 was called generic and overly long when it came out, but looking back, it's really pretty good in terms of having fun content, lots of roleplaying options, and good character arcs compared to modern shit like Dragon Age Inquisition.
>>
>>321419298
I thought the setting was pretty good at first with those dead newborns, soul-sucking storms, and gloomy looking environments, and the combat looked like it would become more fun as you leveled
Too bad said combat never really evolved throughout the game and the big city turned out to be shit. The writing also kept getting progressively less engaging, and that final conversation with Eovara or what was her name made me think I'm playing an especially shit bioware game
>>
When the fuck is the second part of White March coming out?
>>
The problem for me was finishing Throne of Bhaal then immediantly jumping to Pillars of Eternity for another source of cRPG.

Kind of a bad mistake, now I know there won't be a game as good as the BG series ever again. That isn't to say PoE is bad though, just set my expectations too high.
>>
>>321420163
Maybe Torment: Tides of Numenera will deliver, if it ever gets finished
>>
>>321420641
How?
Obsidian was the last bastion of good rpg
>>
>>321420728
Avellone is working on it for one
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.