[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Steam Controller any good? Worth $50 good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 2823302-steam21.jpg (561 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
2823302-steam21.jpg
561 KB, 3264x2448
Is the Steam Controller any good?

Worth $50 good?
>>
>>321412873
It's getting there.
It will spoil you for customization.
>>
>>321412873
Ask yourself: will you be playing steam games on TV in you living room? If so, it is worth it.
>>
>>321413531
no

But I was wondering if playing racing, fighting, or emulated console games in front of my computer would be any better using the Steam Controller.
>>
>>321413531
for me I play my games in bed, I have a TV by my bed. Nothing beats comfy single player games curled up in blankets
>>
>>321413652
I found 360 controller better for racing. It has strong feedback for road bumps and longer trigger push distance for braking/acceleration.

But if not breaks your budget, try it.
>>
I just ordered this after selling my csgo inventory.
Only had to pay about $15 out of pocket.
I am excite.
>>
>>321412873
It feels fucking cheap, just use a DS4 or XB1 controller.
>>
>>321414951
It really does feel cheap. Im not sure why but i think its the weight?
>>
Does it work with Android games?

Do I have to sign into Steam Big Picture every time I want to use it?
>>
Steam controller best controller
>>
>>321412873
It's great if you're willing to fuck around with it to make it work. If you buy it and expect it to work exactly like a regular controller, you'll be disappointed.
>>
>>321413361
>It will spoil you for customization.
I only wish Valve made that degree of customization work for any controller.

That said, fuck the face buttons and the triggers on the Steam controller. There's enough problems with the controller that a second generation model could easily fix.
>>
>>321413652
> fighting, or emulated console games
>no dpad
>face buttons in the wrong place
>>
My only problem is that it only works with games launched through steam, which is a pain in the ass
>>
>>321412873
It's shit don"t bother
>>
>>321417747
>this post

welp I almost bought it
>>
>>321412873

Yes but you need to spend time getting used to it + tweaking it, usually on a game-by-game basis. You can play pretty much anything on it if you can spend the time tweaking settings
>>
>>321417425
I wish for a marriage of the elite with the steam controller. The bumpers could use some improvement, but the triggers are ok. The build quality leaves something to be desired
>>
>>321419656
i disagree, emulation is impossible since only the one stick can be mapped as a analog stick making psx and ps2 emulation impossible.
>>
>>321412873
Question:

Can I use rechargeable batteries and recharge while playing with the controller connected via USB?
>>
>>321412873
Pretty good for:
>old PC games that rely on KB/M
>non-real time strategy games (tons of possible binds)
>racing games
>controlling windows when you use a pc on a tv

Not great for:
>2D games or emulation
>FPS (or maybe I need more practice)
>RTS games

I would recommend it overall, it's a solid controller but for some times of games the XB1 one will remain superior
>>
>>321412873
only get it if you have games you want to use a controller for (side scrollers, racing games etc), or if you want to use it with the steam link.

by its self, its really shitty for PC games without controller support and will never fully replace a keyboard/mouse.

Also another thing about it, is the amount of options. It takes fucking FOREVER to set shit up for each game to make it even comfortable, and on top of that, you gotta deal with big picture bugs. Steam deleted all of my keybinds, multiple times, not happy about that shit.
>>
>>321415759
You have to use big picture, unfortunately, or you can't customize anything. Your PC will only recognize it as a mouse outside of Steam.

>>321420061
No. There isn't a pack, the batteries go into the controller hilts
>>
>>321420332
its okay for fps, just takes a while to relearn how to use a controller if that makes any sense.
>>
>you are gifted with left 4 dead 2 key and tf2
litterally 10 years old games, if it gave dota skins it would be good tho
>>
>>321420498
>There isn't a pack
I'm not talking about packs, i'm talking about rechargeable batteries
>>
>>321420724
I doubt it.
>>
>>321420712
CS:GO.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.