[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody able to code "sidetone" software for headset
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: cloud2.jpg (125 KB, 576x475) Image search: [Google]
cloud2.jpg
125 KB, 576x475
Anybody able to code "sidetone" software for headset so people can hear themselves speak without a delay through their microphone?

Logitech software has this for most of their headsets but specifically the HyperX Cloud II does not.

Merry Christmas m9s
>>
I'm sure you can do that in Realtek
>>
>>321413035
Realtek sound manager?

Nah m8. Not with Cloud I or II's.

If you have a way pls tell
>>
>>321412078
Whats the point in that? That seems like an anti-feature.
>>
>>321413562
Sidetone? I like being able to hear myself through my mic as I speak so I don't sound like a deaf person who's yelling, yknow
>>
>>321413562
My gayman headset does it, I use it to determine if my mic is active and to make sure I'm not hot micing and speaking loudly/clearly enough.
>>
>>321413756
Dunno why the cloud II's wouldnt have the feature.

It actually has an adjustable bar in the volume mixer but it doesn't do anything
>>
>>321413736
>>321413756
>having trouble controlling your voice if youre not hearing it
what the fuck are you some sort of subhumans.
other point is pretty good though.
>>
>>321413968
Well, noise cancelling headsets with game-sound makes it difficult to hear your voice so you sound like that woman from that play who says "water" and they all dance n shit
>>
>>321414067
Thats the point, not hearing my voice never stopped me from having it at a desired normal volume ever. How are people struggling with that to the point that there is a product aimed at them is baffling to me.
>>
>>321414476
I guess you just have good control over your voice or you just don't talk to people
>>
>>321413968
I have a tendency to speak too quietly in Teamspeak for the sake of not shouting into my mic, but that's the lesser of the reasons I care about hearing myself. Honestly I am quite surprised at the number of people who don't know how to speak at a reasonable volume on mic.
>>
>>321412078
I did a quick Google search OP, try this link.

http://www.plantronics.com/asia/support/kb/detail.jsp?vfurl=/articles/en_US/How_To/Computer-Headsets-How-to-Enable-Disable-Sidetone-in-Windows-7-Vista&c=All&lang=en_US&region=asia
>>
>>321414476
that's what you think but I bet my ass even your neighbors can hear you. Unless your headphones have a mic that has this feature implemented by default or whatever
>>
>>321415626
Yeah I'm aware of that but it has about a half second delay which causes you to trip over your own voice and interrupt yourself.

I've had sidetones (which came with some drivers) which had no delay
>>
>>321415659
>>321414650
Only that's not the case.
>>
>>321415758
Ah, well unfortunately I don't know how else to help you, maybe there's some third party program or something. If I wasn't on mobile I could do a more in depth search for you.
>>
bump for interest, I hate the realtek software one, I want more options
>>
>>321416381
Thread will most likely die soon but I suggest another one on /g/, someone there may have a better idea of how to get what you want
>>
I may have found something

Hi,I think found of a solution to our problem. (Maybe it is a workaround but it works)
I wanted to use my USB wireless microphone just to sing and to hear my own voice so I searched without luck for days for some sort of a program or driver.
I understand that if microphone is connected through USB to my PC
And My PC is connected through HDMI to receiver which has all the speakers attached,
so no way the analog signal from microphone can go all the way to speakers without being converted to digital and than back to analogue.
So the only way is to minimize signal conversion delay as much as it is possible.
Luckily one guy wrote audio repeater program.
Virtual Audio Cable Home Page
Here is direct link:
http://software.muzychenko.net/vac410.zip
Simply unzip file, DO NOT INSTALL the application. You are only interested in 1 file. There are 2 folders x64 and x86.
They have identical content (audiorepeater.exe and audiorepeater_ks.exe)
I have Windows 7 64 bit, so I selected x64 of audiorepeater.exe.
There select:
input device - (USB Microphone)
output device - (ATI HDMI output)
local buffer - (50 ms)
priority (realtime)
These settings might differ (depending on how fast is your hardware)
Press start. And ... voilĂ , you can hear yourself almost without any delay. In my case this works fine with karaoke software.
I tried audiorepeater_ks.exe and set all the settings as with audiorepeater.exe but when I start karaoke software I don't hear music. Only my voice.
If somebody could get this working let me know how. Apparently audiorepeater_ks.exe is a bit faster as it uses some kernel options (Need to be verified)
Sergey

tried this and the delay seems really minimal, however my mic is separated from my headset so OP result may vary
>>
>>321417269
>http://software.muzychenko.net/vac410.zip
Probably the best I'm gonna be able to get.
Best solution I've seen in all my time of searching
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.