[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Darkest Dungeon, Worth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (58 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
58 KB, 460x215
Hey guys, i want to buy a Steam game, i'm thinking about Darkest Dungeon, is it worth it? Any reviews or thoughts?
Thx
>>
>>321410968
really good game, VA and narrative is great, mechanics are rather unique, gameplay is solid, you'll understand how you're supposed to play it rather quickly
one of the best thing that came out of greenlight
>>
Good enough game. I don't agree with all the changes from the dev, but it's solid for its price and 99% done.
>>
Its really great, but I'm waiting until the last dungeon is out. But you can still get a lot of hours out of it.
>>
It's very cool, but the difficulty and RNG right from the start is a bit of a turn-off even to experienced gamers. You may have to restart the game several times if you get screwed by the RNG in the first couple of dungeons.
>>
File: how quickly.gif (257 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
how quickly.gif
257 KB, 500x500
Its fun, but still incomplete
>>
File: 1450544109963.jpg (91 KB, 396x382) Image search: [Google]
1450544109963.jpg
91 KB, 396x382
>>321410968
Read the top steam reviews.
They will tell you why it has become trash
>>
>>321410968

buy it then wait till Jan 19th when it gets full released.
>>
Never buy and indie game for more than 5 dollars (2.50 for roguelikes)

Never buy and early access game period
>>
OP here, thanks guys for all the info.

Merry christmas.
>>
>>321410968
this game was one of the last i played before i quit video games, obviously you'll get sick of it but the lasting appeal is one of the best in my experience
>>
>>321412928
>that image

Not expecting this thread during a sale.

>>321410968
If you dislike rng don't get it. If you're ok with chance(with luck tilted against you) being an important force and can get into the style, atmosphere and fun combat system then yes, get it.refunds exist
>>
OP here, I found this on Steam reviews, fuck this game looked really good.

"Beware of the positive ratings.Most of them are out of date. My review is after the december patch from 2015. This game is not worth playing now.

It really pains me to say but i cant recommend this game now. Not because it is hard or unfair sometimes (now many more times after the last update). I actually only lost 5 characters that i cared about in this game in my whole time playing it while the rest were just poor souls i sent to their doom in lower levels to pass the time. So you can see im not one of "i lost 50 characters, this game is bad". The problem is is that with the last update they just murdered the sense of progression and the freedom you had to try different strategies, not to mention that there is little reward."
>>
>>321413845
you gotta realize the company has directly made and will continue to make updates based on the reaction, they know if they get bad reviews it means less buyers so making minor changes that appeal to more people is worth the trouble i'd assume for them, just torrent it and decide for yourself, if you like it buy it and you can get the updates as soon as they're dropped
>>
Just buy some dice. It's the same thing really.
>>
wasnt the full version supposed to come out last month
>>
More like dankest dungeon
>>
>>321410968

Wait until it is finished. It's promising, but not finished.
>>
You could just roll a dice while listening to the narrator's random quotes, and slap yourself in a face every time you get any number in the range of 1-5. Literally the same experience.
>>
Any other games u guys recommend? i want to play a solo game like this.
>>
>>321410968

Don't spend good money on unfinished games.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.