[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SLEEPING DOGS 2 CANCELLED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10
So Square cancelled Triad Wars.
Good fucking news.
>>
Tried Wars isn't Sleeping Dogs 2, tard.
>>
>>321408863
It sure isn't now.
>>
Good.
>>
>>321408785
Allow me to join the chorus of people who will call you a retard for calling Triad Wars "Sleeping Dogs 2"
>>
Man I am having so much fun with this game, but it seems way harder to keep cop points.
>>
TFW i liked Sleeping Dogs
>>
>>321408997
Most people did

It was really good
>>
>>321408997
TFW you aren't alone
Lots of people liked it I think, they wanted a sequel.

Square for some reason thought that it was a better idea to take the exact same fucking map from the first game and make a F2P MMO out of it. What the fuck did they expect? If, for whatever reason, they didn't want to make a sequel they should've just stopped right there.

Nobody fucking wanted this.
>>
No one wanted Triad Wars and it wasn't even a proper True Crime/Sleeping Dogs sequel. Hopefully, they can re-purpose whatever assets they may have for a proper game.
>>
>>321409162

Nobody also fucking wanted an iPad, yet everybody and their grandmas has one right now.
Big societies don't just make what people want, they often try to sell something people don't want -yet.
>>
>>321408997
>tfw played it and just thought it was alright
I don't understand the praise. It was just Wheelman in Hong Kong with on foot controls that weren't total shit
>>
>>321409162
The problem is that it wasn't even an MMO. It was asynchronous multiplayer aka mobile game bullshit including obligatory building upgrade timers. You never 'actually' interacted with other real players. Making a f2p GTA Online style game might have had a shot at being successful, but not an android game disguised as a PC exclusive.
>>
>>321409380
That's not really much of a comparison now is it? iPad is an Apple product, of course people will buy it like hotcakes.

The point is that people wanted a sequel, not...whatever this is. It's not even good by itself. This anon explains it well >>321410145
>>
>>321410282
>of course people will buy it like hotcakes
Yeah, like the Apple Watch, amirite?

People don't buy anything Apple make. They don't do it now, and they surely didn't do it 5 years ago. People were actually mad when it was announced, and AAPL stock quotes got worse and worse.

Then they started selling the thing, and the whole fucking industry had to change just to compete with a product that they didn't even made two years before.
>>
>>321408785
Thank fuck. I can't stand the MMO always online bullshit fad. GTA is dead because of it.
>>
This pretty much kills any hopes of a real sequel doesn't it?
God they're fucking stupid, Lseeping Dogs was way more sucsesful than it should have been and people loved it but they won't make a sequel because it didn't fit their crazy bloated sales predictions. SE is a joke.
>>
>>321410859
>GTA is dead because of it

Anon, GTA is more alive than ever.
It's been two years and people still play it every fucking day.
How many people were still playing Vice City in 2005? Or IV in 2010?
>>
>>321411463
Yeah well it killed the good old single player experience of GTA as we used to know and love. Now it became just another meme multiplayer game and Rockstar is pumping shitty skin-tier content into it instead of focusing on making either SP DLC or a new fucking game like RDR.
>>
File: Sleeping Dogs 2.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Sleeping Dogs 2.webm
3 MB, 852x480
rip
>>
>>321412005
Looks trash.
>>
>>321411790
>it killed the good old single player experience of GTA

Nope, it improved the single player like no other GTA has done before. I know because yesterday I spent 9 hours on Vice City, my favorite in the series, realizing just how simple, simplistic and stereotyped the story was.

V, on the other hand, feels like watching a fucking tv show.
Which is something people love; even my two roommates finished it, while they just mostly jerked around in the other titles.
It's so interesting and well written (if you don't like it, that's another story) that I remembered I could use cheats just after finishing the whole game; I was already having fun, I didn't need them.
Never happened before.

They objectively put more effort than ever in this GTA single player.

Multiplayer is just a quick cash-in to support their next project.
>>
>>321410707
Shut up idiot.
Apple sells a brand, the apple watch cost more than people perceived the brand to be worth.
Square is selling a product and the product looked shit.
It's like comparing a Ferrari to a bicycle and going "but they both have wheels!"
>>
anyone notice wei shen doesn't say one word in chinese.
I think thats his name
>>
>>321412357
>Here's arguments
>S-shut up idiot!

never change /v/
>>
>>321412359
Think it was to emphasize how he was an outsider
>>
>>321412328
Anon, that's not what I'm saying. The SP was definitely fun and high quality but that's it. They shifted their focus to the shitty GTAO that only a fraction of people who bought GTA actually play. Instead of making quality story DLC like GTAIV had or a new RDR (or Bully or whatever really) they just keep making those shitty fucking skin/weapon DLC not unlike Valve.
>>
>>321412434
>here's argument
From a retard who has never taken a business or economics lesson in thier life.
>>
>>321412609
And yet is more right than you.
>>
>>321412581

But last time I checked, the whole GTA online stuff was made and supported by another team.
The main team is working on something "secret" right now.
>>
>>321412443
It felt jarring to me everyone talking in chinese/cantonese whatever suddenly english again.Also there honestly should have been more choice in siding with the triad or police.Branching missions different choices to make do you arrest someone in the triad up to something.
Theirs also one really bad scene where they think wei is the cop then just forget about it.
Sucks no proper sequel will come.
>>
>>321412649
If you think apple products and semi obscure videogames have any correlation I don't know what to say to you.
>>
>>321412793
If you don't have basic reading comprehension you shouldn't be on the internet.
>>
>>321412745
I doubt it, anon. The other teams' last big project was porting the game to new consoles and then to PC. I have some hopes of them announcing a new game in 2016 but those are fading fast.
>>
File: ZVbessu.jpg (352 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ZVbessu.jpg
352 KB, 1920x1080
>>321412759
What are you talking about there was no way they could have figured out Wei was undercover
>>
>>321408785
Good. Otherwise it would end up just like APB.
>>
>>321412972
Good job, you're able to copy-paste something.
Now you have to understand its content.
>>
>>321413053
Deleted because formatting. Your just dodging the issue anyway.
>>
>>321408785
Sleeping Dogs was one of the few games I bought after finishing, what a shame a real sequel is unlikely
>>
>>321412609
>Lol he studied this in his college 101 class so now he thinks he's the expert
Eat shit fucktard, so many retards were predicting the new wave of Apple domination when in fact people have too many screens to deal with already and are pretty sick of style over substance gimmicks by now.
The reason Apple is failing is the reason every successful company fails.
Brand fucking fatigue.
People are sick of having Apple make 90% of their consumer electronics and would rather Apple just stick to what they're doing instead of trying to sell them an Apple toaster or butter knife.
That and their fucking hipster trash customers are starting to age and it's fucking uncool to buy the same shit your parents do.
>>
>>321408785
Great to hear it. All they need to do now is shitcan Nosgoth and then maybe we can start erasing the damage.
>>
>>321413321
Apple isn't failing but I guess your one of the retards screaming Sony's gonna die, Nintendo's gonna die every other week.
What the fuck does that have to do with people buying this game despite there being no demand?
>>
>>321413162
>I deleted my post- but you're the one dodging the issue!
This is getting funnier and funnier
>>
>>321413480
>It isn't failing
http://www.rcrwireless.com/20151221/business/apple-loses-160b-based-on-decline-in-iphone-sales

kek
>>
>>321408785
th-that means we could get a proper sequel, right?
never ever ;_;
>>
>>321413480
>lose $160 billion in value in a year
>It isn't failing
top kek
Meanwhile Google is making self driving cars and taking over the Taxi business.
>>
>>321413585
I would actually be said, their laptops are among the best you can buy with that build quality, screen and battery. I hope someone would pick up their operating system -maybe microsoft, since it easily shits on Windows in pretty much everything other than compatibility.
>>
>>321413576
The post was just a copy of this
>>321409380
With fuck off under it.
The green text fucked up and that guy replied before I could fix it
>>
>>321408785
Sources or GTFO!
>>
>>321413585
>106 dollars a share
>failing
I think you mean that extraordinarily successful business is now just a considerable successful business.
>>
>>321410089
If you grew up watching eastern cop drama, it stuck really close to those shows. Characterisation is better than half of the games we have now. And lets be real, probably one of the better open world games compared to ubisofts bad games.
>>
>>321413480
I think I got it.
>people buying this game despite there being no demand?

-Nobody wanted a giant ipod
-Apple made the ipad
-Now everybody has one
-The whole industry changed and apple even got more rich, despite the fact nobody wanted the ipad

-Nobody wants mobile games
-Konami made a mobile game
-They got more rich than with Metal Gear
-Now they fired Kojima because they're sick of burning millions in AAA games when they can make a 5$ mobile cash-in and earn way more

-Nobody wants another ftp open world MMO
-Square making a Triad Wars
???
???
Profit! ?

At least in Square's plans, but they changed considering how they cancelled it.

not that hard really m8
>>
>>321413938
>the one retard who thinks that having a high share price has anything to do with how well a company is doing

My sides are in orbit at how retarded /v/ actually is.
>>
>>321412759
The story was the worst thing about the game honestly
>>
>>321413938
Not everything is freaking Nintendo where the president only takes his rent and bill money, and are completely fine for 20 years of fucking up.

Apple will have to go full EA and dump branches out the ass if it continues.
>>
>>321413321
Apple literally had a record breaking year so I don't see how they're "failing"
>>
>>321414389
Apple sells it's brand not it's products. They make shitter quality products at higher prices because they have a brand.

>there is no demand for mobile games
Idiot

>apple made a product that went against its previous advertising campaigns
>it sold well
> that means demand means nothing
Idiot
Why don't you go start a store buy a bunch of crap no one wants because "the iPad got bigger and still sold" and see how that works out.
>>
>>321414898
>record breaking year
They just lost 20% of their stock value. They didn't have a record breaking year.
They just slumped back down to where they were at the start of the year.
>>
>>321414416
>the one retard who thinks that having a high share price has anything to do with how well a company is doing
>the one retard

you mean "economy"?
>>
>>321415124
>there is no demand for mobile games, idiot!

>there is no demand for free to play open world multiplayer games

Idiot
>>
>>321415124
>Apple sells it's brand not it's products
No, it sells products. The brand itself is an assurance. It's just that the products are so good that after a few years of experience people trust the brand even before actually knowing the product.
It's the whole point of the halo effect.
>>
>>321415724
High share price means dogshit.
You buy Apple shares at $134
And you sold it yesterday at $108.
Congratulations you have lost 1/5th of your money.
Yeah really shows how well has done amirite?
>>
>>321416089
Apple*
>>
>>321415870
>people trust the brand before they know the product.
So they are paying for the brand aren't they. Yes years ago they built the brand with their products arguably although I would say it had more to do with advertising.
>>321415792
>comparing the entire mobile game industry to a single half assed mmo
Do you think before you type?
>>
>>321415124
>Apple sells it's brand not it's >>321416450
>So they are paying for the brand aren't they

No. They aren't paying because there's an apple on it. They're paying because that apple means they can trust the product. And this trust wasn't built with advertising, it was built by releasing good products.
>>
File: 1376123520572.jpg (69 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1376123520572.jpg
69 KB, 800x450
They fucked up by making it a F2P mmo instead of a true sequel.

The map in Sleeping Dogs isn't even big enough to hold a whole bunch of people.

I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, too. Hopefully the next gen edition will sell enough for a sequel.
>>
>>321414768
fuck off, there was literally no reason to play it other than the story and combat. RIP Jackie Ma
>>
>>321416628
>means they can trust the product
Top kek, they buy it because all their friends have it and they saw it on TV. Consumers are retarded and the average consumer will literally buy anything that's advertised to them. Case in point: PS4.
1 game 20 million sold. What are they all playing on it?
CoD and Fifa/Madden.
Just like they always have for the past decade.
>thinking the consumer has any brand loyalty beyond what they see celebrities endorsing or advertizing.
>>
>>321416628
It was more that they provided white headphones with the products so ipods became distinguishable from other MP3 players. Early ipods were dog shit really, they just caught on as a cultural thing like converse or beats for example.
>>
>>321416973
>they buy it because all their friends have it
And they trust it for the same reason.
3/4 of my classmates had a Windows phone around 4 years ago; one of us bought an iPhone. Everybody saw the iPhone and what it could do; by the time I ended high school, only 5 people in there didn't have an iPhone.
Everybody rejected their own WP, and now I'm the only one that still have this shitty nokia.

Still, their experiences with iPhones made some of them buy an iPad, and they enjoyed it that much that 4 of my friends next bought a Mac.

Halo effect my friend.

>What are they all playing on it?
Right now I'm playing The Old Hunters. Doesn't mean I don't consider this a bad purchase -yet it was perfect considering all my brother play is Fifa, and a 350& Fifa machine for 5-6 years is ok for him.
>>
>>321416806
>RIP Jackie Ma
Oh man, you just reminded me. Never before nor since have I ever wanted to shove the antagonist's head into an ice chipper more than I did after seeing what happened to Jackie.
>>
>>321417490
>trust
They don't 'trust' Apple. As evidenced by their declining sales.
Everyone is happy to stick to their older devices because they already have an 'iphone' that and literally nothing warrants a yearly $500-$600 upgrade when all the common retard does with their phones is play shitty f2p games and facebook .
There is no 'trust' in consumer electronics. Otherwise Sony would still be selling Walkmens today.
>>
>>321417224
>Early ipods were dog shit really
No, anon. Just no. I know because I had a shitty mp3 player back then. Just like everybody else. Then there was that one kid with an ipod, man how fucking jelly we all were. It looked like something from 5 years later compared to our crappy plastic 70mb awful-quality players.

It was reactive, easy to use, with amazing battery (at the time) and big memory, it easily shitted all over our crappy devices.
>>
God damn, shut up arguing about Apple. This is a thread to celebrate the cancellation of Triad Wars.
>>
>>321417938
>They don't 'trust' Apple. As evidenced by their declining sales.
Sales are declining because everybody that could afford one, already has one, while the ones that actually buy a new iphone each year are a minority. The ones that are buying a new one are the ones that broke their old iphone.
>>
>>321417938
But people don't trust the "sony" brand.
People trust the "playstation home console" brand.
>>
File: 1356010254578.jpg (37 KB, 192x171) Image search: [Google]
1356010254578.jpg
37 KB, 192x171
>>321412963
>>
>>321418424
>People don't trust the Sony brand
Sony has been making consumer electronics for so much longer than they've been making playstations fucktard

>>321418265
Sales are declining because the public is getting sick of their shit and nobody thinks that what they're offering warrants a new purchase.
If your assertion is true then there would only be a decline on the sales of old iphones. But there's a dropoff in sales across the board. So it's either everyone has suddenly stopped breaking their iphones. Or everyone just doesn't care anymore because smartphones have basically become a commodity so it doesn't really matter what brand it is.
>>
File: 1237861782423.jpg (120 KB, 1652x917) Image search: [Google]
1237861782423.jpg
120 KB, 1652x917
Stop making this thread.
>>
>>321419356
read
>>321418424
this time, actually trying to understand it.
>>
>>321410089
>It was just Wheelman in Hong Kong with on foot controls that weren't total shit
>Implying that isn't awesome
>>
>>321419861
>People don't trust the Sony brand
>Pulling this shit out of your ass
Sony has been making consumer electronics since before you were and embryo you underaged piece of garbage.
>>
File: bob.jpg (3 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
3 KB, 261x193
>finish sleeping dogs
>really enjoyed it
>find out there's a sequel
>mfw triad wars

>>321416806
Also the atmosphere
>>321418141
Really, what the fuck

Anyone who liked this game should really check out Bully, if you haven't already. Both games have the same lead designer, Mike Scupa and were developed in Vancouver. They're both open world games with smaller, denser maps that focus on fistfighting rather than weapons and have pretty dece character based stories.
>>
File: 1451011601114.jpg (69 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1451011601114.jpg
69 KB, 500x628
>>321412759
As someone who lives in Hong Kong for half the year, I can tell you it's exactly like that. Even the most uneducated fuck in HK mixes English with Cantonese, as they somehow think it makes them sound smart.

Sleeping Dogs was actually ridiculously close to how shit actually is over there, except the cops are a lot less angry. Literally the best Asian.
>>
>>321408997
That's why it's good news. Triad Wars was shit. Maybe now there's a chance for a true sequel.
>>
>>321420063
>Sony has been making consumer electronics

And that's why people don't trust the brand "sony". You don't need to be old to be trusted by people as a brand, you fucking double nigger faggot.
>>
>>321419356
>If your assertion is true then there would only be a decline on the sales of old iphones.
No, if my assertion was true than there would be a decline on the sales of new iphone. Because as I said, the ones that could afford it already own it; apple grew that much while forming their own giant userbase. Now they just have to keep it. This userbase don't buy a phone each year, only one every 3/4 years. Since no new people is buying iphones and those who do already have one, so all is left is buyers replacing their broken phones, here's the drop in sales.
>>
File: 1400974946551.jpg (66 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
1400974946551.jpg
66 KB, 482x427
>>321417503
he was just about to turn his life around
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.