[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will this expansion fuck up your class and be the final nail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11
File: Legion_cover.jpg (257 KB, 350x496) Image search: [Google]
Legion_cover.jpg
257 KB, 350x496
How will this expansion fuck up your class and be the final nail in the WoW coffin?

>Survival will be entirely melee
>Marksmanship won't have a pet option
>Beastmastery will be the only spec where you can play an actual hunter

JUST
>>
Classes are finally fixed in legion, that's my opinion. How can anyone like the WoD state of affairs? don't give me that >muh vanilla shit either, vanilla sucked
>>
>Survival becomes like Rexxar, letting you fuck shit up in melee range with your pet
>Marksmanship becomes a sniper, focusing on shooting from a distance
>Beast Mastery becomes a true master of beasts, summoning random beasts left and right

Hunter is being made good. We already know Marksman will be the only good one, like always, but still. Survival looks fun as fuck.
>>
>>321405664
>classes are finally fixed in legion
I know that's like your opinion bro, but most of us felt that way the last 4 expansions and it was not correct
>>
>>321404840
>demon hunter see any stealthed class by default

Well, can't play my rogue...

>new outlaw pirate spec loses utility for raw damage

Could be good.

>also removes all cc from rogue

Never mind.
>>
Can't wait to go whipping around on my fire mage. Gonna be tight.
>>
>Fury Warrior becomes fast and brutal
MY DICK
>Arms beco-
Fuck Arms
>Prot stays as it is, mostly
The one thing WoD did right was make Prot fun. RIP Gladiator stance though.
>>
Let's face it, all classes will be fucked at the start with the major overhaul. It always takes a few patches to achieve a nice balance. Especially for demon hunters, since they're gonna be the new DKs. In WotLK, playing the DK was like playing a whole new class every patch.

Hopefully the balancing will be swift now that they've decided to separate PVP and PVE talents.
>>
http://wow.gamepedia.com/World_of_Warcraft_Starter_Edition

Why does Blizzard not open this up to level 50? Then everyone can play classic zones without the current faggotry
>>
>>321406059
From the beta footage of the artifact quest, it seems that they're trying to push the idea that outlaws can partially fight at range. Though it doesn't seem to be very effective yet.
>>
I'm ready for my DoT based Assassin rogue desu senpai. Might screw around with the new Demonology lock and see what happens.
>>
I'm pretty happy that they're making Demonology more pet focused. The metamorphosis mechanic was stupid.
>>
So far, the only class related changes that suck are the death of Gladiator Stance and Shadow Priests' artifact weapon. I mean, the entire artifact weapon system sucks, but Spriest's weapon just takes the cake for shit.
>>
>final nail in the coffin

It's already been dead for years now, and the coffin has already rotted away.
>>
>>321406556

We only get 2 patches for blizzard to shuffle the imbas around
>>
>>321406796
You think so, I mean Subtlety has a massive fucking wolf tooth for a dagger which is kinda lame considering they are going more "ninja-esque"
>>
>>321406747
>tfw got my green fire JUST for the metamorphosis form
I suck as a warlock, always have. I spent two weeks learning the class in and out, just to get the green fire. It was painful, but I finally got it before the patch that made it easier, so I also got the title. I mean, green fire is objectively superior to the regular fire, but still. I'll miss my notIllidan transformation.
>>
>>321405804
Reminds me of the days when melee hunter used to be a joke spec.
>>
>>321406059
Stealth is for bitches who can't stand face to face man fighting.
>>
Class balance will be the least of this expansion's problems. I don't trust Blizzard will provide adequate content post launch.
>>
>>321404840
The hunter changes are one of the few things about this piece of shit expansion that I think look cool.
>>
>>321404840
>Beastmastery will be the only spec where you can play an actual hunter
and on top of that you can only use the gun artifact weapon as beastmaster
if you wanna be a ranged hunter with pet then you can not use the bow artifact weapon, you would have to transmog it into an old bow, and you will not get a new bow in Legion
fucking retarded
>>
>>321404840
>guy in guild said they wanted to balance the # of ranged/melee dpsers so that's why they made survival melee
>tell him if they really wanted balance they'd actually add a 3rd mail class instead of a FOURTH leather
>>
so it sounds like the game might be fun again maybe

but the #1 thing they have to do to keep interest is actually have content patches, not 10-14 months of fucking nothing
>>
>>321406747
it was fine as a cooldown, they should've just changed it back to how it used to be
>>
>melee hunter just looks like a mechanically better version of arms
>even has a charge
>them "fixing" arms just involves making things that should be baseline into talents that compete with passives/cooldowns that are equal or better

I've never seen a spec get so shitty so fast with no hope of it ever getting better.
>>
>>321406942
Boomkins get a scythe whereas resto gets the glorious tree staff. That's bullshit.
>>
>Final nail in the coffin.

Please stop saying this. Every time something happens it's "OH MAN THIS IS IT! THIS IS THE FINISHING BLOW. THE FINAL NAIL IN THE COFFIN!". I get the game isn't anywhere near what it used to be but it isn't dead.
>>
>>321406059
what the fuck? why isn't the demon hunter thing a cooldown?
>>
File: dead inside.png (107 KB, 274x411) Image search: [Google]
dead inside.png
107 KB, 274x411
>>321404840
>you play an unholy death knight
>>
>>321407227
Seems really backwards. MM should have the gun and BM the bow.
>>
>>321407497
it is, he's a tard.
>>
File: 1430505846092.png (218 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1430505846092.png
218 KB, 500x375
>>321407586
>>
>>321404840
They're taking out my entire fucking spec because fuck combat rogues.
>>
>>321407586

LEL
>>
>combat rouge in WoD

Combat rouge was so shit, even with the highest gearscore in the entire raid I was barely making more damage than a healer.
>>
File: is dis nigga for real.gif (4 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
is dis nigga for real.gif
4 MB, 200x200
>>321407791
>rouge
>>
File: 1438961899469.png (2 MB, 2000x1250) Image search: [Google]
1438961899469.png
2 MB, 2000x1250
>>321406298
I was really pumped up in 6.0 playing goddamn Glad. I felt like a true fucking warrior. Seasoned soldier with a shield, beating and slamming.

Gameplay was kinda simple but with devastate tracking talent was pretty nice.

Then set bonuses came, without fucking gladiator bonus.

They fixed it in HFC, but Glad wasn't a viable option anymore.

I am fucking pissed.

I really hoped for 4th spec for warrior like druid has. With spiked bulwar-like shield and mace or axe.

Instead we have faggotlike sword for fury, and decent but nothing special sword for Arms. Why not such thing like Reinforced Axe of Cenarius (broxxigar one but renewed). Blizz said that Elven axe wouldnt fit for orc, but instead we have sword of human who fought against trolls. And what about troll warriors now?
>>
>>321404840
WoW was dead as soon as they removed talents, "streamlined" the classes (removed half of their active abilities, lol), and removed half of the stats you could even itemize around. Actually, the game died in BC -- the gear progression from 1-60 was great, but 60-70 they added a stupid "jump" which caused all other items to become invalidated. They do this in every expansion too. Lovely.

Let's not forget they constantly make old raid/dungeon content obsolete and need to make "heroic" versions for people to even go back to them; nevermind that they probably never even played the non-heroic version to begin with.

It doesn't make any fucking sense. There's no good design going on. You have old content that I _like_ being made useless or unrewarding, and then you take my class and make it easier and dumber to play.

It just proves that the people who play WoW do so because of social reasons and because they have mental problems. It's not Blizzard that will end this game, it will go on forever because there's a core group of braindead monkies that will pay to play it.

What Blizzard should have done in each expansion was:

1. Make talents interesting, varied, and deep. Not saying "Path of Exile is perfect" but look at how indie companies have approached talent trees. Blizzard had and has the money to do this right.

2. Retune old content with every expansion to stay relevent. Don't introduce items which make old items completely worthless; so fucking stupid.

3. Give the classes some reason for existing. I've never understood what the fucking point of rogues are - dodging, stealth, etc. are almost never used in raids - nobody gives a shit about their sap or pickpocket or "thiefy" skills, they're just there to stand there for twenty minutes and spam sinister strike with eviscerate. How fucking stupid is that shit? To have a class which has no theme or identity?! Worse for other classes, too.
>>
>Blood DK
>mobility removed
>snares removed
>dark simulacrum is a pvp talent
>stances removed
>blood-tap removed
>multistrike/runic strikes removed, but BoS is still the same, meaning RIP actually doing damage
>marrow-rend is useless shite
>rune-tap removed
>rune system destroyed because of whining casuals who can't/won't learn their class
>rotation is slow as shit

Might actual reroll to Vengeance DH if they're decent.
>>
>>321407483
yup, but if legion wont stop the tendency the newer expansion will be shitty, because most players will left, and only most beloved fans and addicted turds will stay in wow. And they will not care about content quality till there is new raid zone or new arena season.

WoW will stay, as even with ~1 million of players will be still profitable, but not as profitable as 4 years ago with 10M+. Right now with ~4M its a lot of income overall, but much less than before.

Blizz is draining more money from HS and some from HotS now, so company is still fat as fuck
>>
>>321408201
The item jump hasn't happened in WoD (starting at 530, which was LFR level) and won't happen in Legion (starting stuff is 680-690).

Also, you can't have high-end balance if classes are too varied with obvious flaws and strengths between them.
>>
File: rexxar.jpg (139 KB, 900x719) Image search: [Google]
rexxar.jpg
139 KB, 900x719
>>321407624
BM should have 2 axes and 2 pets. Survival by its trapping nature should want nothing to do with melee combat, but that wouldn't pander to the nostalgia-boner of vanilla players.
>>
What about feral druids guys
Did they fucked that up too ?
>>
I like that they are focusing on the class fantasy aspect instead of balance or some shit. Outlaw rogue sounds baller as fuck.

I'm pissed that gladiator stance is gone though, I liked going into dungeons and raids and people asking why I had a shield.
>>
>>321408459
>Also, you can't have high-end balance if classes are too varied with obvious flaws and strengths between them.

Correction: you can't expect Blizzard to ever get balance right, even when they homogenize the classes.
>>
>>321408584
Mostly the same, just look cooler.
>>
>>321407791
>combat rogue's only draw has been playing really fast even if it's just mashing sinister strike
>oh no, it's too fast!
>mash the same button, but it's now as slow as mutilate with a shittier finisher
>>
>>321408693
Absolutely correct. Blizzard from day one has never balanced this shit right and NEVER will.

But we can't expect Blizzard to figure out how to balance their game, because too many RPG/MMOs have copied Blizzard's formula. We're in a period of prolonged stagnation, with no ideas or design to inspire dimwitted designers at Blizzard to fix their shit.
>>
>>321408584
No, Blizzards favorite faggots are still cared for.
>>
>>321408254
I've hated just about all the changes. As an unholy dk main since wrath, the spec I've known and loved for over 6 years is unrecognisable. Taking away our focus on spreading lots of diseases is outrageous. Taking away our three rune types, the unique and fun resource I and all death knight mains have enjoyed since Wrath, is outrageous. Taking away our presences, which were completely harmless and were an important part of flavour, is outrageous. Taking away our high passive movement speed (I have 135% run speed passively, which is brilliant and something I couldn't live without) is outrageous. I've heard unconfirmed reports of us losing our 1 second GCD, which if true is outrageous. Taking away our most defining gameplay feature, the ability to spread diseases to 25 targets, place down defile, and spam blood boil while laughing maniacally, is absolutely 100% fucking outrageous.

Unholy isn't broken in gameplay. Unholy is in good shape, with some nice tweaks, like icy touch giving a death rune and plague strike adding both diseases, rounding off the few edges that made things weird. Live unholy is wonderful, a joy.

Nor is it lacking in flavour and "class fantasy". I am a guy in plate who controls an undead minion and uses diseases, with a high run speed, high attack speed, and damage spread from lots of different sources so that I kill my enemies with lots of small hits. There's an easily conjured image of a heavily armoured guy running at his enemies and hacking them to bits with a two hander - the fast swinging two handed niche is exclusive to unholy. In addition, I can spread diseases to as many enemies as I like and do massive damage to swarms of opponents, destroying them with plagues and shit.

1/2
>>
>>321408807
Legion is gutting most of that. It feels like some pillock came up with his own OC spec and then got his greasy hands on unholy and put it on the altar. The new stuff really doesn't do anything for me. I'm unimpressed by the new festering wound thing, which seems boring and unrelated to what I've been doing for 6 years. The extra pet stuff is nice but has always mattered less to me than diseases and fast swings. I'm quite happy with a single pet that doesn't need too much attention and lets me focus on disease management. I'll admit I don't mind soul reaper going away, but otherwise the only change I am at all pleased about is the artifact weapon apocalypse ability, which I've dreamed of having ever since the battle of light's hope chapel and has as honoured a place in my spellbook as asphyxiate and defile.

Really unhappy with how unholy is looking, and nothing I've seen (aside from apocalypse) has done anything whatsoever to reassure me.

2/2
>>
Shadow Priests were already dead as of Cata so I can only assume they've gotten worse since then
>>
>>321404840
>They're differentiating the three Hunter specs from one another in significant ways
Oh geeze oh no say it ain't so!
>>
>>321405664
>Classes are finally fixed in legion

Not untill they fogure out how mages are suppose to solo content like other classes, without any kind of heals.

inb4 hurr durr mage faggot
I main a tankadin,
>>
By turning Judgment into a Colossus Smash.

CS Windows are the worst mechanic in WoW. Save for 20 -> Burst for 6 is cancerous, unfun shit. It's like the gameplay equivalent of people who drive by constantly accelerating and slowing.
>>
>>321409338
Probably why my highest mage ever was 30 something.
>>
>>321404840
But that's good you retard. Finally differentiating specs.
>>
>>321408807
>Taking away our most defining gameplay feature, the ability to spread diseases to 25 targets, place down defile, and spam blood boil while laughing maniacally, is absolutely 100% fucking outrageous.
I can't tell whether this post is meant to be satirical or not.
>>
What are the worst classes/specs in each expansion?
>>
I play demolock and I'm kinda excited about the changes, never liked the metamorphosis anyway.
>>
>>321408945

>Baaaw I can't solo 3 people with my op shadows spec
>It's literally dead!
>>
File: 1449137385362.gif (4 MB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
1449137385362.gif
4 MB, 294x233
>>321404840
>Wanting to more OP than you already are
Hunters please
>>
>>321404840
Sounds pretty neat about the Survival change.
Always was a bit sad about the removal of melee stuff from hunters, even if it was weak.
>>
>>321407586

Why?

You're fianlly doing what your spec always should have done

>2 pets always
>Auto attacks can summon even more
>An Abomination pet
>Spirit pet
>>
>>321409586
Gameplaywise? by DPS/HPS/Survivabilty? By sets?
>>
>>321409610
No, it was shit because they changed it into proc whack-a-mole like every other class. And the whole Shadow Orbs thing was retarded. Sorry you still couldn't solo a priest in PVP Rogue shitter.
>>
File: 1445960649845.png (179 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
1445960649845.png
179 KB, 500x358
>>321409586
>Paladin in Vanilla/BC
Was a bit annoying to get laughed at for playing Retlol, but I managed.
>>
>>321407732

>Boo hoo, my god awful, bland spec is getting replaced with the best spec in Legion
>>
>>321409706
Mostly gameplay and DPS/hpswise.
>>
How is Warlock holding up ?

I'll only play if my gnome Warlock is relevant again
>>
>>321409338
>I main a tankadin
That explains alot.
>>
>>321404840
>Blizzard actually make specs unique now
>this is a bad thing

Class design in Legion looks great. You can fuck off.
>>
>>321409972

Dots Dots Dots
Fountain of Demons
Same old Destro
>>
>>321404840
If you're playing Beast Mastery, you've never played an actual hunter in your life.
>>
Fire mages will be OP for one patch then be nerfed into oblivion for the rest of the expansion.

Just like the last 3 expansions.
>>
>>321410414

>Mages crying while being kings

Every time.
>>
>>321408201
never design a video game

ever

in fact, kill yourself so you don't have any influence on any design decisions for any video game ever.
>>
>>321409831
t. person who doesn't play rogue

>>321410127
Class design is shit
All warlock specs share the same resource again, affliction is dumbed down, arcane is dumbed down, fast paced combat is replaced with a slow and boring XDDD pirate spec, and many classes had their baseline abilities ripped out and added as part of their "hundreds of 'new' talents"
>>
>>321410546
Ouch. You sure told him.
>>
>>321410660
>fast paced combat

It was never fast paced. You have no idea what you are even talking about.
>>
>>321410523
I'd rather play a fun spec than a brain dead one

Arcane and frost are literally playable by a human vegetable.
>>
>>321410771
Did you even play MoP or WoD? Hell in Warlords combat rogue is faster than Monks
>>
What's the easiest most braindead ranged DPS spec/class? I'm playing a warrior and thinking of rolling something where I can space out. I've heard elemental shaman and frost mage are up there.
>>
>>321410771
Except it was? Try out a private server and see for yourself.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.