[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please help decide who I should add next to PM!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: 350px-PMLogo.png (28 KB, 350x115) Image search: [Google]
350px-PMLogo.png
28 KB, 350x115
Because we have one slot left after Sami, and we only need 23 votes left to make a decision! I'll answer any questions you might have, since last thread I had to leave super early.
Vote here!: http://strawpoll.me/6358447
>>
>Project Meme is dead
We did it bros!
>>
>>321404669
Project M is a community mod now bro, you shouldn't go full solo if you want it to still be 'pm".
Join the group if you want to contribute:

https://github.com/TheOriginalSINe/Project-M-CC
>>
>>321404765

>PM
>Dead

Just because the PMDT are faggots doesn't mean the modding community will let it go.

The fact that they're booty bothered about someone making a mod of PM speaks volumes on how little of PM they actually control now.
>>
>>321404949
See, I worked with them until they apparently fixed Isaac's moveset, but now I just wanna go my own direction. By that, I mean add a character by myself. Obviously I wouldn't do the art, but I'll just commission a good modeler I know. :)
>>
File: bogsWAAAAAH.png (23 KB, 380x247) Image search: [Google]
bogsWAAAAAH.png
23 KB, 380x247
>>321404669
>no Waluigi
SHIT POLL
>>
>>321405003
PM's far from dead!
Its actually exciting to see where modding for SM4SH will go, and I hope we make some good advances in the next year.
>>
>>321405309

There's a Waweegee PSA floating around if you want to download it.
>>
>>321405309
There are waluigi mods already, dumbass
>>
>>321405309
We only had 30 slots for Strawpoll, and honestly, theres already a mod for it. We only included character mods have already done, like Ridley and K. Rool, so fans don't start circle jerking about it being a bad poll.
>>
>>321405109
https://github.com/TheOriginalSINe/Project-M-CC/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+isaac
they haven't done shit yet for isaac. each issue has a thread and you can post about it in detail. either by addressing issues or bringing ideas to the table.

but i can understand if you want to make a complete character by yourself, that way you don't have to worry about someone on youtube "completing" isaac without even being in the group
>>
One of the rules of PM was it would only release characters that were actually in Brawl or at most games released before Brawl & not after

Turning PM into fucking MUGEN by thinking of adding fucking Steve from Minecraft, what are you thinking?
>>
>>321405745
What? I thought they fixed his up / down specials.
Still, pretty much on your second point. Its christmas, and I need a distraction. I just wish I could get more people to vote on this.
>>
>>321405849

It wouldn't be as bad as adding fucking Cloud to the Sm4sh roster.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if he got added to 5mash, assuming that it's a thing in a few years anyway.
>>
File: alfred.jpg (21 KB, 504x652) Image search: [Google]
alfred.jpg
21 KB, 504x652
PM's a good game, but the community really got fucked over

>R.I.P. Xanadu
>R.I.P. Apex
>top players all go back to Melee or forward to Sm4sh
>banned on Twitch
>PMDT disbands
>leaked info on new characters and a list of bugfixes, all of which never got to be implemented in the "finished" game
>community is split down the middle on whether to continue development, with the few big names remaining speaking out against it

My heart goes out to the people who say "PM's not dead." You guys are troopers, for sure.
>>
>>321405849
Brawl is already mugen. Brawlex can support like a bajillion characters.
>>
>>321405849
Its just a poll to see what people want.
And honestly, there's no way Steve would win.
>>
>>321405983
When my builds done, I was just gonna post it on here if people wanted to play the new character, whoever they are.
>>
File: 1450168244157.jpg (214 KB, 626x1075) Image search: [Google]
1450168244157.jpg
214 KB, 626x1075
> people voting for a bizarre and boring villain instead of a true gaming icon such as Banjo and Kazooie

Fuck hell, people...
>>
>>321404669
can't you just use the dev build and add characters instead of just adding in one extra character
>>
>>321406231
>microsoft character

thank god that duck hunt clone wasn't allowed in trash 4, at least choose someone who is owned by microsoft
>>
>>321406384
>>321406231
Nintendo
>>
>>321406231
Opinions, opinions. ( Even if K Rools already been done... )
>>321406278
And I already am! But I added the options for already done characters so people don't get rustled.
>>
Does it matter now? The only people capable of making a decent new character have left. Adding shitty mods would go against PM's whole deal.
>>
>>321406458
>Opinions, opinions

We need Sakurai in charge of the next Smash game.
Fickle and retarded fans like you can't be trusted with the character roster of a Smash game.
>>
>>321406618
Fickle? I'm just letting people decide who I should work on.
>>
>>321406618
What's the difference, really? Sakurai is a senile cunt who hasn't got over FE yet. I'll take someone with a different bias for once.
>>
>>321406581

PMDT aren't the be all/end all of brawl modding man.

There are plenty of decent mods out there and there are even more modders who are able and willing to donate their time and effort into making a decent mod.

I mean, sure, there are shitty mods floating around but that's the risk you take when you have a community project where any no-name modder could put his work out there.
>>
>>321406618

Sakurai removed SP content and gutted features due to a few fags putting cutscenes up on youtube.

I wouldn't be surprised if 5mash loses mini-games entirely because of how much people hate angry target smash and smash tour.
>>
>>321406849
They sure were the ones with the highest standards, which is what made PM feel so complete.
>>
>>321406984

They should have hired a better UI artist though.
>>
>>321407305

Well, not hired I guess.

The UI in Pm is pretty awful
>>
>>321406984

They also were tremendous faggots who were willing to drop six years of development and spit in the face of their fans just because they realized how they might (keyword: MIGHT) get sued by Nintendo.

I mean, there are other mods out there, like Brawl (-), balanced Brawl, Super Smash Flash 2, SSB Crusade, etc.

Not to mention shit like Rivals of Aether.

Like I said, the PMDT aren't the be-all/end-all of the modding community and eventually, someone out there will come up with their own PM and who knows, maybe sm4sh's modding community will come up with something too.
>>
>>321407476

I screwed up, I meant to list SSF2 and SSBC as games, not mods.
>>
>>321407476
As I said before, I'm just hoping next year, modding for SM4SH really gets better. People are already able to tweak movesets, which is pretty neat.
>>
>>321407476
Only Brawl- and Balanced Brawl are true mods, others are just 2D flash games. Out of those mods, PM is the biggest one by a far amount.

Rivals is also an original work, even though it obviously draws a lot from Smash so there's really no legal action that could be had. What're they going do? Sue them for using inspired movesets?

Considering PM was being removed from majors and even got banned from fucking Twitch, it's understandable that they might be scared.

Also I don't really see the point of finishing the characters up if the community doesn't play the final build in a competitive setting. I guess it's good for fucking around with your friends but that's all.
>>
If you do add someone, can you at least make it so they're usable in the SSE?

The PM never got around to doing that, so I can't go full DMC as knuckles
>>
>>321408096
Sure! Honestly, I have no idea why the PM team never did that. Guess they were too busy fucking off.
>>
>>321408043

There will always be grassroots tournaments going on, with or without official support.

In all honesty, PM going back to being a community run project is probably for the best, considering all the politics and drama associated with e-sports and shit.

I mean, melee isn't even officially acknowledged by Nintendo but it hasn't stopped it from being the most played game in the community.

Not that I'm saying PM will ever necessarily be as big as Melee's scene, but losing support isn't a complete death sentence so long as people donate time and effort into it.
>>
>>321407476
>They also were tremendous faggots who were willing to drop six years of development and spit in the face of their fans just because they realized how they might (keyword: MIGHT) get sued by Nintendo.

Does it even matter? The community pretty much rejected their 6 years of work in the last year to the point that it became a taboo to even talk about it.
>>
>>321408460
>I mean, melee isn't even officially acknowledged by Nintendo but it hasn't stopped it from being the most played game in the community.

Melee isn't forced out of majors or banned on Twitch.
>>
no one. instead you should hang yourself, but we all know that like all things, you'll fail and disappoint your parents yet again. Christ, why didn't I get that abortion? I could have prevented this thread.
>>
>>321407420
beats the fuck out of tr4sh

it's no melee tho
>>
>third party characters
Why? You do realize this would probably get C&D right? Especially with the FF stuff Square will fuck your shit in. They really hate fan projects and stuff
>>
>>321408484
>>321408604

As long as people are willing to support it, PM (or any MP game for that matter) will not die.
>>
>>321408726

>B-BUT SMASH 4!

I don't see how that makes it better.

It's a garbage UI regardless how shit any other UI turns out
>>
>>321409057

At least the PM UI doesn't shunt most of its options into one menu while giving an unrelated mini-game its own slot.

Most people won't even know where to find the SP options in sm4sh unless it's through trial and error.
>>
>>321409057
It's better because I can navigate between modes fairly intuitively where as tr4sh's menus are all fucking over the place for no reason
>>
>>321408632
I'm gonna guess someone didn't have a very merry christmas, huh?
>>
>>321404669
>>321405543
there is a perfectly plausible simon belmont psa on the vault, why isnt he on the list
>>
>>321409542
>>321409615

>UI looks like it was clearly designed for touch screens
>Neither the 3DS or the Wii U version allow you to use it
>>
>>321410049
that is EXACTLY the problem holy shit
>>
>>321409827
Because the list only allows 30 entires.
>>
>>321409827
I've been working (really slowly) with another guy I met on a random /v/ thread on Simon for PM. I'm mostly making the art and playing around with a moveset and he's trying to get a model started for him. I dunno if we want to open up our development to increase progress or keep things small and focused, probably the latter till we have something cool to show.
>>
>>321408240

It sucked when they made a big deal in 3.5 about the SSE being playable, then not even adding Roy and Mewtwo to it
>>
>>321410373
I know, I don't get it, but I think they were just busy with the whole PAL mess up. :/
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.