[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the best controller for playing vidya on PC? Id want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
Whats the best controller for playing vidya on PC?

Id want to play stuff like Dark Souls, the witcher, some of those naruto fighting games and street fighter. Should i get an xbox 360 controller or shell out the extra bucks for an Xbox one controller? Or are there better choices

thanks m8s
>>
>>321404336
one bump
>>
M+KB

For fighting games, probably an arcade stick
>>
>>321404336
I don't know about the xbox one controller, but I'm playing with a 360 controller + wireless adapter and it works beautifully with everything.
>>
>>321404336
KB+M is the king.
If you need a gamepad, Xbox360 one is pretty much the only choice. That, or the newer DirectInput capable Logitech pads.
>>
>>321404336
I own a corsair k70 and a Razer deathadder, Xbox 360 and One controllers.

The one is superior to the 360 controller in almost every way

KB+M for anything first person though. Some third person games can be okay with keyboard and mouse too, but I'm more comfy with the one controller.
>>
>>321404425
>>321404557
Ive always heard dark souls was kinda hard to play with KB+M. I think the same goes for those Naruto games since as soon as you launch them they already show xbox one controls
>>
>>321404657
yes, don't listen to them. Generally you want to use a controller for third person games since they are awkward as fuck with a kb+m.
>>
File: +.png (245 KB, 1106x390) Image search: [Google]
+.png
245 KB, 1106x390
>>321404657
>>321404813
DaS plays just fine with M and KB, especially with the mousefix mod.

Here, OP. There are plenty of inexpensive controllers on ebay as well. Showing a PS controller because of the better dpad.
>>
Xbone controller is better, but it's also more expensive.

>superior d-pad
>wireless or wired with a micro-usb cable
>just like the 360 pad, it works with everything
>>
>>321405020
I just realized that says "compatible with Windows, but not 7", but the point's the same.
>>
>>321405020
>being cheap with your controller
nah don't do that.
>>
>>321405273
>implying that's not what they're worth
>>
>>321405020
if you're going to go with playstation controller just buy an official one, those fuckers can take a beating and still work like new

this nigga recommending some bootleg ass shit get out of here
>>
>>321406043
>> >>321405521
>>
if youbuy the xbone controller, be sure its the new model with the jack port
>>
File: 81uklIta90L._SL1500_.jpg (102 KB, 1500x1153) Image search: [Google]
81uklIta90L._SL1500_.jpg
102 KB, 1500x1153
>>321404336
op, get this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedlink-Strike-USB-Gamepad-Black/dp/B00URF4EHS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451058093&sr=8-1&keywords=Speedlink+STRIKE+NX

There's a wired and wireless version, they both have 0 inputlag. Thank me later
>>
>>321406709
>2 reviews, only negative
>both about the triggers fucking up
No.
>>
File: Disgaea.23383.jpg (103 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Disgaea.23383.jpg
103 KB, 640x640
Get a PS4 controller and a cheap Bluetooth dongle with generic windows Bluetooth drivers installed Sometimes driver disks that come with the bluetooth dongle are the worst
You'll also have to install a few more programs here and there but once you get it all setup, it works perfectly fine. The controller itself has good battery life and is comfy as fuck.
>>
>>321406709
fuck off Speedlink.
>>
wired 360
>>
>>321404336
>>
KB + M for:
Platformers
First Person Shooter
Some Third person
Emulators

Controller for:
Fighting games
Platformers
Sometimes emulators like Dolphin or PCSX2 or games with multiple important imput
Most third person
Very very little FPS
Plane and Racing games (Need for Speed, Ace Combat, etc.)

Get Xbox One for Native drivers and future proof PC input.
DualShock 4 for comfy but need wrappers to work.

Right?
>>
DS4 if you intend to use it for fightan gaemz but if you have the dough just stick with 360 wired and get a decent arcade stick
>>
I installed mortal kombat x and used ds2 with an adapter, it worked straight away however mkx is shit game
>>
>>321407538
>Review by cod kiddies ruining every controller they own.

I've had this thing for months, use it almost every day and it's still fine. It's a simple matter of not being a retard.
>>
>>321408606
>DualShock 4 for comfy but need wrappers to work.
It works, just needs drivers that it likes to be installed. Generic Microsoft BT drivers work perfectly fine.
>>
>>321409660
Already ordered a Xbox One controller even if I like DualShock and used to it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.