[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm still wondering. How did he manage to fuck it up so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: MGSV map.jpg (548 KB, 3402x1701) Image search: [Google]
MGSV map.jpg
548 KB, 3402x1701
I'm still wondering.

How did he manage to fuck it up so badly?

MGSV seemed like a "you literally can't fuck it up" kinda thing, and he did it anyway. How?

Literally any fan theory or idea about how the game was going to play out ended up better than the pile of shit we were given.
>>
That's the whole point, how do you not understand.
>>
the phantom pain is real
>>
File: pachinko.jpg (56 KB, 624x330) Image search: [Google]
pachinko.jpg
56 KB, 624x330
Its all these guys fault.
>>
>>321403106
Bullshit, Kojima fucked up entirely on his own.

The best part is if another MGS is made, you just know we'll get assholes saying V was the last good one.
>>
my guess is kojimer went open-world design and he treated it like he was still making a game with linear progression, focusing too much on tiny details and losing sight of the bigger picture, losing a lot of time in the development process, missing milestones and burning through budgets until Konami had enough of his shit
>>
File: Metal Gear.png (2 MB, 2998x768) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear.png
2 MB, 2998x768
MGS V is excellent. It's the GOTY and the second best Metal Gear game ever.

Sorry it didn't reach your insane delusional hopes. You expected the literal second coming of Christ and merely got an excellent game.
>>
Kojima tried to make Metal Gear Auto 5
>>
>>321404089
mgs1 and 3 are much better. your opinion has been invalidated until the day you die
>>
>>321401115
MGS1,2,3 -> Star wars 4,5,6
MGS4,PW,V -> Star wars 1,2,3

Can we hope for a good metal gear from konami now that someone else will pick up the license like what happened with star wars?
>>
>>321405276
>Metal Gear Solid 6
>A Disney Game
>>
File: TR-8R.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
TR-8R.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>321405420
>It's a blatant retread of MGS
>But fuck it, that's all folks really wanted.
>>
>>321404089
MSGV is like a "do this one thing and go to chopper"-simulator
>>
>>321404089
I agree.
>>
For MGSV he finally listened to mainstream criticisms and tried to correct them. The story was de-emphasized and restructured to invite replayability, codecs were redone so you listen to them during gameplay and obtain information by just pointing the camera.

People complain about gameplay variety because they fail to realize how many small actions they perform in seconds that used to be huge features in the previous game that each took minutes to accomplish.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.