[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
G2A/Kinguin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: steam.png (51 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
steam.png
51 KB, 256x256
Dear anons, I'm looking to get some games cheap. Now, i narrowed my searches down to G2A amd Kinguin, as they seem to offer great discounts on the games I want. The thing is thoug, is it actually safe? Has anybody used them and can recommend? Has anybody had a code/gift revoked/banned by steam, if so, how did you sort it out?

I would very much appreciate some replies, as I don't want to spend £200 and get nothing in return

cheers
>>
I've never heard of kenguin, but g2a works.
However on g2a, always buy the $1 insurance (g2a shield) because once I decided not to, and I believe it forcefully put me with a less trusted reseller and I lost my money.
>>
>>321400617
Did you contact support? What did they say?

I want to know, in case something goes wrong, what can I expect,
>>
>>321400413
i bought 2 games on kinguin
civ beyond earth and dlc for civ V
i got both keys but in checkout theres an option to pay like 2$ for buyers protection in case of faulty keys
so idk that might be shifty? worked for me though
>>
>>321400617

no it didn't, you pick the seller yourself, I've never bought the shiekd and have always received my keys.
>>
>>321400854
>>321401017
so, would you guys recomend g2a? it all seems kinda dodgy still, but im reading up on the sites themselves and people say they're legit

the face that games that are £50+ on steam you can purchase for approx £25 makes my spidey sense tingle
>>
>>321401252
Some keys have been revoked by publishers themselves, I'm lazy to look it up and paste the articles but you should be able to find them by googling. Ubisoft in particular seems to be big on this.

That said, many people seem to have had positive experiences with it. Just double check you're not buying a region locked game I guess.
>>
>>321401252
i mean as long as u pay the extra 2$ and pick the cheapest seller it should be good?
>>
>>321401471
yeah, ive read anbout the ea and ubisof keys

but from the article it seemed like the keys were bought with stolen cc's

does g2a refund you the money if thats the case?
>>
>>321401252

I've used both kinguin and g2a and only once I bought a max payne 3 rockstarpass that was a duplicate key, I contacted them and all I had to do was get proof from steam support and they sent me a new key,otherwise i've bought more than 30 games with no problems
>>
>>321401252
Use G2A, always buy the shield though.
The games are ultra cheap and I haven't been scammed yet so that's nice.
>>
>>321401571
IIRC the Origin keys were bought using stolen CCs, the Ubisoft keys weren't.

The G2A statement on that said something like the people who had paid for insurance would get another key or their money back, but for the people who hadn't it was hazy, basically a "we'll see".
>>
>>321400617
spent 100 bucks easily there mostly on cheap stuff in the last month and didn't use insurance once, no problems.

not worth it on a 5 dollar game if you don't expect to get scammed 25% of the time.

buy from sellers with many ratings and only 95%+ positive.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.