[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone on /v/ invested in Star Citizen? I want to buy a ship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: SC1Id0POP.jpg (625 KB, 3440x1440) Image search: [Google]
SC1Id0POP.jpg
625 KB, 3440x1440
Has anyone on /v/ invested in Star Citizen?
I want to buy a ship but I can't decides on one and I can't decide if it's worth it to spend $100+ for a game only in Alpha.
>>
If you're going to shell out money for an unfinished game, you're retarded and deserved to be robbed.
>>
>>321400003

> I can't decide if it's worth it to spend $100+
> for a game only in Alpha.

answered your own question, pal
>>
>>321400131
well people already funded the game by giving 12 million dollars so i'm not worried if it won't get finished or not
>>
Buy the ships with in-game money. When it comes to ship prices, 1 ingame credit is roughly equivalent to 1 real life cent.
>>
>>321400249
>so i'm not worried if it won't get finished or not
What?
>>
>>321400282
so just spend $45 for the game and earn money in-game?
seems like the smartest option but I'm 26, I don't have all the time in the world to grind for cash. I wish cool games like this came out when I was a kid :(
>>321400442
You can't just run off with 12 million dollars+, I don't expect them to pull a Dean Hall/Day Z on us.
>>
>>321400003
>"invested"
>>
>>321400591
is 100$ millions now,
>>
>>321400003
They already have $102mil, why the fuck would they need your $100? To wipe their asses with it?

Buy the cheapest package (without AC access, they're going to give access to everyone with game package early next year). Or better yet just wait for the game to come out. Right now they're asking $40 for a game that they're promising to be good. But in 2 years you'll be able to give them $60, but ONLY if the game is actually good.
Don't try to save money on promises, pay full price for good finished product.
>>
>>321401161
A-are you serious?
>>
>>321401196

you mean access to another demo
>>
>>321401245
Its total budget just hit $100m earlier this month.

There's no telling what portion of that is from crowdfunding/ships and how much is from corporate backing
>>
>>321400003
Bought myself a sabre when it came out, damn is it sexy.
If you want to test the alpha, buy a $40 package. It comes with a starter ship, alpha/beta access, SP and MP. They're gonna split the SP and MP into two packages in january. Don't buy standalone ships from the page before owning a game package, because then you bought a ship without owning the game, thus you can't play.
>>
It's a scam. Don't waste your money.
>>
>>321401362
It's 100% crowdfunding. Just a lot of 30 something men with disposable income buying ships at $100-$200 a pop.

Hell I rarely buy games at full price and I dropped $80 dollars on it.
>>
>/scg/ is so bored that they've resorted to shilling on /v/

Have you no shame?
>>
I paid $30 I don't even know how long ago

I stopped following SC development and consider that money just gone at this point, so if the game ends up actually being good it'll be a nice surprise
>>
>>321400003
>I can't decide if it's worth it to spend $100+ for a game only in Alpha.
I backed it but lol no, pay the bare minimum and earn everything in game instead.
>>
Which game is the best "Euro Trick Simulator: Space Edition" game?
>>
>>321401362
>>There's no telling what portion of that is from crowdfunding/ships and how much is from corporate backing
0% of it is corporate backing, Chris worked with EA and the whole thing was enough to put him off working with publishers.

The original idea was to raise 2 million on kickstarter which would show private investors there was demand for Star Citizen, then raise the remaining 20 million from investors. Since we blew past the original goal he decided to not take the investor money and make it 100% crowdfunded.
>>
>>321402221
$100 or 100 hours of gameplay, I don't know what is worse.
>>
>>321402501
Nor do I, once the game is released the rate at which you make credits is probably going to be one of the major complaints.

They fucked themselves over by selling so many of the ships. If they kept all the large capital class ships as unbuyable then it might have been better
>>
>>321400003
No. Not sure if I should do it. We can get the ships like Hornet etc. by playing the game right?

If not cause of Tachon: the fringe I don't care about this game, God that game was so much fun.
>>
Spending $45 seem reasonable for this game? The price will only go up once it's released.
>>
>>321404413
Do you think it's reasonable to pay for joining Scientology as well?
>>
>>321404607
I'd much rather pay $30 less on a Scientology subscription if I could.
>>
File: lol.jpg (13 KB, 155x202) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
13 KB, 155x202
Is this the game that caused some guy to lose his wife after he spent all their savings on virtual ships?
>>
>>321404810
>buy digital space ship
>lose wife
Seems like a win-win situation to me.
>>
>>321404810
That might have been Eve Online
>>
>and I can't decide if it's worth it to spend $100+ for a game only in Alpha.

in what world would something like that even make sense? Of course it's not fucking worth it, considering you'll be able to get those ships in the game anyway. Wait for it to come out and see how it is, don't go mindlessly throw your money around for something you're not even sure it's going to be good or even released
>>
>>321404810
every pay to win mmo has some loser like that

how the fuck do these people even exist
>>
>>321404984
People think buying an expensive ship will make up for their lack of skill in a space sim.
>>
File: discovery487.png (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
discovery487.png
1 MB, 1280x960
>>321402242
Trading on discovery freelancer is fun.

Its an RP server but you don't have to join any faction to play.
>>
>>321404810
I googled it and can't stop laughing
>>
OP, I've spent around 500$ on it. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're going to get way into the community and do bug reports and all that. I've stayed pretty far away from it. I bought in during the initial funding phase but I'm not interested until it's something resembling a final product. Buying NOW won't get you anything you can't get ingame, you got free insurance a while ago but they said they discontinued it.
>>
File: gant-break(a).gif (108 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
gant-break(a).gif
108 KB, 256x192
>>321405403
>>
>>321400003
>not even out yet
nice games pee cee master piss. more like waiting and petition race lmao
>>
I wish EVE online devs could jew out such amount of money instead of these subhumans.
>>
>>321406469
CCP sucks dick and I am glad that they finally sold the VTM rights.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.