[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was thinking of trying this again. Played this in 2012 during
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: pso2.jpg (183 KB, 1920x1060) Image search: [Google]
pso2.jpg
183 KB, 1920x1060
Was thinking of trying this again. Played this in 2012 during beta. Are all the english players despicable annoying elitist weebs? Also is it too late to play since i won't know anyone to group with? i imagine high levels won't want to help someone new.
>>
Hey there.

I stopped playing this game pretty much for a half year 'cuz of personal reasons. Dropped it after dragging playing once a month so yeah. I just got into it again because my old buddies are also whining.

I don't think it's too late to play. Sega made it fairly plausible to level up and such. The Ship 2 community is one where most JPs left apparently so it's a bit filled with inflated AC shop prices. It'll go down after a while though (most things).

I never found it difficult to get into a team. It usually goes by befriending people and joining their team. Thing with not being up to date is not being able to run along. But from my experience with the team, is that there are times and people who are willing to help some of the low levels out a lot.

Also, for leveling quick be sure to do Merry Christmas EQ now it's still around. They're good to level even solo.
>>
>>321397350
Is there script kiddies running around showing off with hacked stuff like there was in older pso games? I think I will try it again and see how it goes.
>>
Pso2 has always been a solid mmo. Devs update it at least twice a month with monthly content. It doesn't force you to upgrade your gear to ridiculous levels, as base upgrades are mostly enough for power spikes.

No hackers since 2 years ago. Definitely a good game to get into now.
>>
Good luck finding an English community that doesn't just sit in the lobby talking about ERP.
>>
I've been wondering whether to get back into PSO2 myself. The new Profound Darkness fight and TD4 look super fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gexzQwc019A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxKF2oaVteM
>>
>>321398210
Oh yes, I really hated those people that stayed in the lobby all day doing nothing. Spamming worthless jabber or erotic stuff in lobby chat and ignoring anyone they didn't know.
>>
I just wish sega involve with sea server. Fucking asiasoft
>>
>>321398335
Now is probably a good time to dive back in since we're approaching the end of the Episode 3 content. I haven't gotten a chance to play the newer EQs yet since they're on a schedule but they do look fun.
I think Episode 4 is coming in January or February. Summoner is going to be a new class and apparently they're improving the character creator.
>>
>>321398819
>they're improving the character creator
That sounds promising. The character creator is already one of the best in vidya.
>>
wait until the butt slider is added
>>
>>321398819
Also a PS4 version with I am not sure but my teammates said a graphical update with it. Expect when the new class is out, there will be many noobs like every other time cuz ppl cant play.

Now is a good time to get back and get your shit together. The EP4 update seems nice.

There are still some good teams around, just have to look. The game is most fun playing with others just like most other MMO's
>>
>>321396930
>Are all the english players despicable annoying elitist weebs?
Not all, but many. Maybe most? Don't worry about them.

Join a ship with English teams on it and join one. Ship 4 and 2 are somewhat populated by gaijin pigs. Every English team has both elitist cunts, super casuals and everyone inbetween. The only common factor is they speak white pig, so don't worry about finding 'your kind of people'.

>i imagine high levels won't want to help someone new.
There's not much they can do, to be honest. Kill the bosses in one hit for you? You don't really want that, do you?

>Also is it too late to play since i won't know anyone to group with?
Nah. Doing 12 player quests sticks you in the same room as randoms and that's a good thing. You don't have to seek other players out and you don't have to communicate with moonmen. As for early game stuff you're best off doing most of it solo at your own pace. Rushing to 'endgame' isn't doing yourself any favours.
>>
How hard is to get voice tickets in this?
>>
File: 1562743.jpg (24 KB, 525x394) Image search: [Google]
1562743.jpg
24 KB, 525x394
>>321400638
>gaijin pigs
w-why so mean anon?
>>
>>321397918
It's unfortunate free players pretty much get locked out at level 30 or so. You have to pay money to use the higher starred gear, so unless you want to force yourself to try and play with abysmal stats or go through the hassle of paying money through the jp system, you're fucked. Which really bums me out because I was so prepared to go all the way to endgame. My team had fucking CAPES, man
>>
>>321396930

No, it never was unless you played on a different ship than 2.

It never too late to play. When you start the game showers you with EXP tickets. You would think the best way to use them is to find a good stage to grind.

FUCK NO.

Wait till :45 and see what is announced this is called an emergency quest. If people start rapidly filling up the block you are in and asking for "pt pls" then join one too and pop an exp booster. If you do this for a couple of days you might cap a class depending on how much you play until you cap. Now since you cap you can play the game which is doing this same shit more and running ultimate mode (which is nothing like the first game) for stupid stones to trade in for gay shit.

YAY PSO2 so good I cant wait to fight dinosaurs on earth with a train as a boss XD

Its not worth coming back.
>>
File: 1444003179222.jpg (611 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444003179222.jpg
611 KB, 1920x1080
>>321402391
>Wait till :45
There's a Twitter bot that announces all of them as well as a calendar for all the scheduled ones. Also level-up quest is pretty useful because permanently XP boosted, I think.

Also yeah basically all the content end game is trying to make your damage numbers higher because unlike PSO1 the gameplay somehow manages to feel even more stale because everything is so god damn fucking easy (save for TD4 right now people are still learning it) and it's all about spamming your best PAs rather than importance on positioning and attack timing.

If you just want to play a game casually it's pretty alright, though, and 13*s are funish to try and hunt but their drop rate's pretty ass which is also good.

>>321401880
Ignore this idiot because you can get 9* weapons and below without paying for shit and extending them doesn't require real money (extending being a system that increases a weapons base damage beyond what it might be able to based on it's rarity). Hell, one of the best Ranger rifles is 9*. Also 10* and 11* drop like fucking CANDY now during EQs, ESPECIALLY 10*, and now 12*s are becoming much more common, so it's unlikely you're ever going to be 'locked out'. Also 13*s are 100% untradable so everyone's on the same level for those, and 12*s actually have free passes given out via titles during MAXIMUM ATTACK when it shows up (last I remember it gave out 4 without having premium) so there's ALSO that. Making meseta is also fucking trivial thanks to dailies/TACOs.
>>
>>321398819
>apparently they're improving the character creator.
In what way?
>>
>>321403720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl9rxoMrTM4
>>
>>321403082
Yeah also the English patcher/proxy has the announce too if you enable it

I honestly want to come back for the dressup but it was too taxing on my pockets. All of the options and the new updates seem to have made it better but EP4 looks like shit and summoner looks like AC bait.

>>321403827
almost makes me want to download this shit game again
>>
Is there any dude playing on Ship 7? Want to get back to PSO2 with my Force, but even my previous team went AWOL.
>>
>>321396930
The game is fun but the program to get you into the jap servers barely has anything translated and getting on to the SEA servers was too much of a hassle.
Also SEA servers are full of fag knights trying to find foreigners because mah rules.
>>
File: 1434324871700.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1434324871700.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>321400638
>gaijin pigs
>white pigs
>>
You're too late. EP4 is going to fuck everything up.
T-rex, train boss, zombies, le sonic minigame, the most boring possible area for PS's setting.
Some totally-not-SAO shit tier anime that might even become game-canon at this rate.
New unfitting class with a fucking pet system tied to it.

Wait for PSO3 now.
>>
>>321404104
speaking of force I really don't want to go to /vg/ but is force still a RL and Ingame moneysink? Its probably the only class I haven't spent a good time on I played Ranger/Braver/Hu/Fi and some BO but I never leveled a FO past 50.

I'm so bored I'm considering it even though I know the game can be shit.
>>
>>321404716
I mained Force since CBT and I still think that they are quite good. Some of the new bosses wreck me hard when I try to play as Dark Force, but Namegid still does a shitload of damage. Dont know if they nerfed that OP Barta attack though.
>>
>>321404835
>>321404716
Also, don't go to /vg/, it's full of faggots and assholes. Been there once OBT kicked in, biggest mistake I could have done.
>>
>>321404835
I know forces are good if not the best but trying to gear one when I played was HELL especially compared to something like braver

I wanted to know if it was easier

>>321404895
I used to hang around there for the longest since I had no friends. While circle jerky it was good to hang around them to get shit done. I did runs with them to get my saiki set which when I played was one of the best armors you can get but hard as shit to farm.
>>
>>321405006
Yeah I know that feel. Fucking Grinding and trying to get souls in your Armor was a pain unimaginable.
>I wanted to know if it was easier
Cant say much about that, sorry Anon.

>>321405006
Yeah, the circlejerking killed any joy that was left with playing with some of the more reasonable anons. After joining a team it was easier to get stuff done since those fags over there couldnt manage shit during CBT.
>>
File: 32.jpg (1 MB, 960x1200) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
1 MB, 960x1200
It's coming to the West this year, a bit through Summer and could leak into fall depending on any issues that might pop up.

The PS4 version will be release along with the PC version, the Vita version will not make its way Westward.
>>
>>321405006
The thread has been always shit but the people playing from /vg/ were ok. Aslong as you went to the team without the autistic fucks (you know who i'm talking about not gonna namedrop here)
>>
>>321405260
yeah fucking right.

I've given up hope for a western release. which is a shame because I absolutely fucking love the PSO games.
>>
>>321405325
Meant to >>321404895
>>
>>321405325
Yeah, sadly most people that tried to manage party raids were autistic fucks. I thankfully cant remember more of their names except for two fucks but yeah, dont feeling like namedropping them either.
>>
>>321405260
>It's coming to the West this year
Spoken like a true retard
>>
>>321405360
>hoping for a terrible (like most of them) western server with outdated content and no collabs because copyright
Why in the hell.
>>
>>321405507
>Spoken like a true retard

That's nice, Franklin. It's still going to be localized this year in the West whether you want it to or not.
>>
>>321405613
Source is your ass, right?
>>
>>321405667

It's all up in there.
>>
>>321405212
>Cant say much about that, sorry Anon.

Oh well it no problem. Kinda bummed after beating xenoblade X since there are like no other games to play but remembering the last couple of months I spent on PSO before I quit all I did was complain so I don't think its worth coming back anyway.

>>321405613
>all those jap VAs
>those collabs
>those graphics referencing concerts and events
>those clothing/event/monster tie ins
>and many more
>coming to the US

Loving Every Laugh
>>
>>321405550
because I want to play on the ps4 in English.
>>

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
>>
I wish PSU was still up.

...I miss having an online action RPG to play with friends :(
>>
>>321406269
Eh...just learn moonrunes or play the game with English patch on the pc enough that you don't need it in English anymore.
>>
>>321402391

>unless you played on a ship different than 2

2 was the haven for both annoying casual weebs and elitist weebs. 99% of the stupid drama you see in the /vg/ thread is from ship 2 players, and has been for at least 2 years at this point.

4 has the best english teams, to the point where ship 2 people have been abandoning ship and trying to start fresh on 4 to avoid further drama.
>>
>>321406761
yes. me and my friends will all take the time to learn that.
>>
>>321406774
A good chunk of ship 4 came to ship 2

Trust me I played with all of them thats when the shit started. The shit peaked when people from PSOW/reddit joined in the hangout spot and caused the drama

I was there and almost every time I joined a team it split due to garbage. While I didn't really give a fuck since I played with close friends until they stopped playing.

>4 has the best english teams, to the point where ship 2 people have been abandoning ship and trying to start fresh on 4 to avoid further drama.

Some went back huh? Thats funny as fuck. The ones who ran back to ship 4 were probably the ones causing all of the shit I'd guess.

There is such a small amount of elitists especially in 2 that it didn't even really mean anything. Most got lucky with their gear or try to say they are good by grinding TAs which is laughable. Then when Cmode came out we saw them truly for the shitters they are. Its crazy hou much of the mechanics you bypass with stupid good gear.
>>
>>321406634
i completely forgot about psu. never got the chance to play it. i havent even looked into private servers for it. i went back to playing pso blueburst private server a few days ago.
>>
>>321407217

>a good chunk

It couldn't have been more than like 10 people. Most of whom I knew back in 2012 when they were on ship 4.

People used to talk about there being a mass exodus of ship 4 players to ship 2, but hardly anyone actually moved over.

Hell, I know for a fact that a few of them play alts on both ships together.
>>
>>321407471
>It couldn't have been more than like 10 people. Most of whom I knew back in 2012 when they were on ship 4.

It was more. I'd post screens but I don't wanna out nobody.

>Hell, I know for a fact that a few of them play alts on both ships together.

This was probably true for most of them but I knew some from ship 4 and and they had a good chunk of gear too so I know it wasn't an alt.
>>
>>321407609
Fuck Diorjets
>>
Someone explain all the drama to me. I need to hear all about it.
>>
>>321407763
welcome to pso friend
>>
>>321407763
What drama? I avoid it and laugh at people being retarded. Although, I like a good discussion
>>
File: pso20151223_004154_005.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pso20151223_004154_005.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>321407763

Just go on /vg/ for a bit, you should find plenty of it.

Along with plenty of circlejerking over literally whos and reddit shit.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.