[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
$26.79 Worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: photo-original.jpg (423 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.jpg
423 KB, 1536x1152
$26.79

Worth it?
>>
>>321391658
>not pirating the GOG version
O wait
>muh achievements
>muh cloud
>muh library
>muh cocksucking corporations because I'm a dumb faggot
>>
>>321391658
Friend bought it for me, boring as shit.

Further proves the shit taste of /v/.
>>
>>321391658
pirate 2bh
>>321391831
shit taste
>>
More like Divinity Original Bore
>>
File: 1448594534288.jpg (23 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1448594534288.jpg
23 KB, 500x385
>friend bought it for me for us to play co-op
>he stops giving a shit after 10 hours
>get 50 hours of playtime going through the game solo twice

nothing better than a friend that doesn't give a shit about money
>>
>>321391658
Not at that price, i paid 15€ a few months ago for it.
>>
>>321391658
It's best with a good buddy
>>
>>321391658
No. No no no no no. Do not buy it. I'm telling you, it is shit. It is boring, the voice acting is too bland and slow, and there's a bad case of "everyone acts the same" which shows there was one writer who couldn't divorce their voice when working across multiple characters.

Traps are fucking everywhere, enemies who outlevel you are everywhere. Do not play on Hard. Maybe Easy or Normal, but not Hard, it's like Dark Souls on New Game++ but without any room for skill.

It's a really bad and boring game. Do not buy it.
>>
>>321391658
No, much like Wasteland 2 it isn't worth anything above 10 dollars.
>>
File: 164847869.jpg (25 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
164847869.jpg
25 KB, 600x418
>>321392135
>game is challenging
>therefore it's shit
>>
>>321392135
The game isn't even that challenging once you get into it.
Sounds to me like you ran out of town the wrong way and gave up.
>>
What classes do I use to cheese this game?
>>
>>321392135
That's a really shitty reason to hate it so much. With a little strategy, you can deal with all of the challenges.

The real reason not to buy it is the fact that after the first area, the game really dries up. It's like all the effort went into the first town and then they rushed the rest.
>>
>>321392291
Two pure fighters with blacksmithing. You'll make godlike weapons and fighter damage scales far better than magic damage.

Archers suck.
>>
I tried to roleplay as two lone wolf sisters who would make out and do hot incest shit, but you couldn't, therefore it's shit. SHIT.
>>
>>321392475
This

Also the dialogue is absolutely disgusting "I majored in English" tumblr tier
>>
>>321391905
kys
>>
>>321392396
>"The game sucks"
>That's a really shitty reason to hate it so much.
Ha, yeah, no.
>>
>get to first town
>cast rain on the burning boat
>get the warping pyramids
>examine the crime scene
creep around the shop owned by the victim's wife
find a dagger covered in blood
confront her, GOTCHA BITCH
no! no! no! it's a kitchen knife for preparing food!
take the knife to a cook
no dialogue options about the knife
take the knife to the captain of the guard
no dialogue options
search the town again
find out his body is in the morgue
go check it out
open the front door
step inside, immediately killed by guards

Never have I uninstalled something so fast
>>
>>321392550
>I'm retarded and don't understand tone
>>
File: 2014-07-13_00002.jpg (414 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-13_00002.jpg
414 KB, 1920x1080
>>321392746
>make wrongheaded assumption
>game won't let you aggressively pursue your idiotic misconceived noitions
>uninstall like grumpy manbaby
>>
This was the first cRPG i've ever played. I was really wowed by all the mechanics and little details that I was uncovering as i played. For example, You shoot a fire arrow at an enemy in a puddle of water and it creates a steam cloud. You shoot an electric attack into it and you create an electric cloud area. If this is normal in cRPGs then that's cool, but its something completely new to me.

You don't get babysat and hand-held and told go do these quests first, then go fight these guys over here, and then you gotta move onto this area. Its really easy to stumble into areas with monsters that will rape you.

the game is pretty long. and if you're not a fan of cRPGs and long hit-or-miss storylines it won't be for you.

They added voiceacting to all NPCs now so its not as boring. they completely redid a boatload of the mechanics and added grenades and revamped the crafting. and also added controller support, which is actually pretty well implemented if you're into that.

tl;dr I like it and i'd recommend it to someone that's tired of the lame "RPGs" that bethesda and Jap devs put out.
>>
File: .jpg (720 KB, 616x788) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
720 KB, 616x788
The game is bad, you shouldn't buy it.
>>
>>321392889
>hey chef bro what is this knife used for?
>hmm well that's a butcher knife used to cleave animal bones and make precise, choice cuts
>or
>Hmm well that's not a knife suitable for a butcher, its blade is serrated and its handle is gripped; most likely this knife is an assassin's tool!

Ok so my writing is shit but I'm not a so-called professional like those Larian hacks
>>
>>321392931
>They added voiceacting to all NPCs now so its not as boring.

Really? At least I read far faster than an actor can act, so I disabled voice acting around 5 minutes in. The writing isn't hugely exciting but I can't imagine that waiting around for longer would improve it.
>>
>>321393108
>There are no serated chef's knives
>>
>>321391751
>pirating gog version
Fuck anon, jesus
>>
>>321391751
i like to buy my games on steam so when i play a steam game everyone of my 300 friends on steam know im playing it.
>>
>>321392135
>handholding is the norm

I want the gaming industry to burn
>>
I knew /v/ is shit at video games but...man you guys cant even handle fucking divinity.
>>
Very good game.
>>
>>321394193
Games are just way too casual these days and the games considered hard aren't hard at all
>Souls series
lol no
>Witcher 2 insane
learn the mechanics, spam quen, know which potions to use and roll roll roll roll
>Dark Arisen
each class has a plethora of skills to deal with bullshit enemies and you need to know when and where to use them

I don't wanna go on because it's too autistic but I'll say this: today's gamers won't want a challenge. They don't want to learn, adapt and beat something that is hard. They want entertainment and to be entertainment means you don't upset or uncomfortable.

Video games are entertainment
>>
>>321393134
Lots of people enjoy just sitting there and interacting with NPCs. That everything is voiced makes this all the more pleasurable. My GF is currently doing a playthrough and she's ten hours in but only level 4. She talks to EVERYBODY.
>>
>>321394746
>blabbermouth woman
wow holy fugg u dont say
>>
>>321394746
Lmao dude i dont wanna talk i wanna kill shit and preferably a huge yellow arrow pointing wheere i have to go.

T: CodPussySlayerxXx412
>>
>>321393108
You're still missing the point. She didn't do it. You're following a red herring piece of evidence. Keep investigating instead of getting autistic about skipping ahead to the end of the quest. It should be obvious that Esmerelda didn't do it. The fact that the unwashed masses and rumormongers support this theory should make you question it immediately. The game does a lot to give reason to doubt the prevailing opinion.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.