[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 256x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 256x364
Is this game really that bad?
>>
No, not really. It's just the worst of the three.

Has a couple of decent mods for it.
>>
>>321389887
This.
>>
Not awful, but I'd still rather play SoC or CoP. My problem is that the swamp is too empty and a lot of the quests are really fucking bad.
>that quest where your gear is stolen by two bandits and you have to get it back with the potato pistol
>>
I beat Clear Sky before SoC (working on Pripyat). Clear Sky is definitely more human-focused than the other two games, where factions become really important. To be honest your STALKER experience will be similar between all three games none are bad.
>>
>>321389552
Clear sky is fantastic, doesn't deserve the rep it gets. SoC is still the defining stalker game, CoP is more action-y but more 'complete' i.e. most features. CS is in-between.

>>321390096
>not stashing/dropping your gear before that quest right outside the door and fucking their shit up
>>
Yes they're all really that bad
>>
>>321390096
>that quest where your gear is stolen by two bandits and you have to get it back with the potato pistol

Eh, but I actually liked it, it was fun.
>>
>>321390346

Uhhh oh, is someone butthurt they can't figure out a game everybody else enjoys?
>>
>>321390895
Theres nothing to figure out
it plays like it was made for consoles first. Nothing really mind blowing.
>>
>>321390895
Not him but could you or anyone explain how this game plays? Ive played Metro before and didnt care for it much but I hear that this game has a lot more survival aspects.

Is it also scarier? I like scary games with russians in them
>>
>>321390730
Yeah, so fun that you can't get your money back
>>
>>321392185
Sandbox Metro with actual survival elements, you need to drink, eat, sleep, bandage yourself, etc. Easier difficulties let you get away with not doing most of that but Stalker should be played on hardest diff. It's pretty fucking scary at times with different kind of OP mutants and shit.
>>
>>321389552

Yes, grenade spam is infuriating and it's also the worst optimised game of the series.
>>
>>321392185

First of all, you should be playing on highest difficulty.

In the beginning, everything is generally shit - weapons, armour, pay, artifacts etc. Pretty much everything dies to one headshot but weapons are prone to jamming (Warsaw Pact) or have very rare ammunition (NATO). There's also the fact that most artifacts are passively poisoning you with radiation, meaning you have to find rarer ones who absorb it. You also have to worry about stamina and equipment load.

Once you are accustomed to shit however, the game really begins to shine when you start finding not just better weapons but also tougher enemies - a rare Exoskeleton Stalker, a military raid, more extravagant mutants, Spetznaz dropships and also stop exploring boring Slav countryside for abandoned military bases, secret laboratories and so. The horror is unexpected and sudden and I loved the game for that.

Shadow of Chernobyl has the best atmosphere and should be played first, Call of Pripyat has the best gameplay, Clear Sky is garbage and only for maniacs. Avoid mods until further playthroughs, ESPECIALLY the sefl-proclaimed 'balace' ones.
>>
>>321392062

This game wouldn't have been playable on the consoles of the time how does that make any sense? Ostensibly uses Q and E for peek around, inventory management is important and global AI is a thing. None of those are console features mate
>>
>>321394131
What does Global AI mean? what does it do?
>>
>>321395431

You see a random stalker wandering around while you're running around. Even after you leave his render distance the game tracks his whereabouts and actions as well as that of every piece of AI roaming around. So you'll see the same guy later with better gear that his AI looted somewhere and equipped itself.

Its the basis for the clear sky and CoP faction system and it does a lot to make the world actually come alive around you
>>
>>321389552
It's good until the fucking CNPP
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.