[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thinking of buying a civ game never played civ before is it worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 1451034190987.jpg (578 KB, 1920x1097) Image search: [Google]
1451034190987.jpg
578 KB, 1920x1097
thinking of buying a civ game
never played civ before
is it worth it?
which one should i get?
is it cosy?
>>
good game if you want to kill time
>>
bump in the night
>>
Just get V with all expansions. It is cosy AND rage inducing at times.
>>
civ 5 is pretty good but they made some dumbass decisions like taking out map trading.
>>
Get Civ V. As a man who really struggles with the scope and responsibility most strategy games give you, I found Civ to be a really addicting and accessible game with sound logic to its advanced mechanics.

And yeah the sound of a new turn starting is like the soft kiss of a loved one. I'm reinstalling now for after my Christmas plans
>>
>>321384451
5s great, 4s great, 3s great, etc. You should decide if you want units to stack or not, if not, definately 5.
>>
>>321384451
Civ V and Beyond earth are both addicting and comfy. Civ V has more stuff and is better polished with more personality than BE, but BE is more streamlined plus sci-fi nigga.

I recommend both, get the Civ V ultimate spooge edition or w/e its called cause it needs the dlc. Maybe hold off on BE because it and rising tide aren't packaged together cheaply yet.
>>
Civ 2 was the comfiest.
>>
>>321385790
And alliances
>>
As someone who has no idea what to do in civ5 i can easily still have fun playing it and waste at least three to five hours each time i play it
>>
>>321384505

Great way to lose track of time at any rate. All of your plans melt into one another, so if you're the type of person who likes to finish whatever 'project' you were working on before you call it quits for a day, you might find yourself on for a few more hours than you initially planned.
>>
>>321384451
Alpha Centauri.
>>
V is pretty shit to be honest.

War is totally fucked, so unless you enjoy peaceful victories, don't bother.

Buy 3.
>>
File: civ.png (67 KB, 320x117) Image search: [Google]
civ.png
67 KB, 320x117
bought it yesterday, its a cool game
>>
>>321386563
>3 to 5 hrs

Hahahaha

Try 12 to 18 to finish a game for peaceful
>>
>>321387434
3's wars are shit dude what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>321387573

desu i cant remember 3 that much I just remember it being good.
>>
>>321387781
well you should play it again and witness how shit the wars are and how you need over 20 catapults to assault a city
>>
>>321387874

At least you could have alliances, and didnt constnatly get the AI having 3 turn wars with each other non stop.
>>
Civ 5 is a pretty relaxing game
Scrolling over green continents of lush forests, snowy mountains and sparkling blue oceans
Listening to the ambience, the peaceful music and the narrator's gentle tones
And of course being turn-based, you can take all the time you like, there's no rush at all
>>
Who is the biggest cunt and why is it Dido?
>>
>>321388218

Hiawatha is worse.
>>
>>321388218
That's not how you spell Shaka Zulu or Catherine
>>
>>321386127
>needs

>vanilla game is boring without the 3rd expansion
>half of the civilizations are locked behind 5$ microtransactions

and it will probably be the same thing with BE ; at this rate it's going to need at least 2 more expansions before it gets fun or interesting or... remarkable in the slightest next to Civ5
>>
>>321390338
almost no civilizations are locked behind microtransactions dude, all of the dlc civs were included with BNW

and without the xpacs all the previous civ games are highly sub-par as well
>>
Played 2,3 and 5 but missed 4 for life reasons.

Is it worth going back to play? I've heard it's much more in depth than 5.
>>
>>321391520
After getting used to 5's graphics and interface, it's hard to go back
>>
I've never touched Civ, is 5 as comfy as Anno 1404?
>>
>>321384451
>never played civ before

How?
>>
>>321391520
4 is fucking comfy m8 and feels different, plsu has amazing mods
>>321392873
>t.underage
>>
I bought it yesterday on a whim and a friend got real excited and had me load up a game with him to show me how to play.
It was pretty fun, I enjoyed it and we'll probably play a lot more. Definitely worth the £5
>>
>>321384451
IV for gameplay
V for comfy
>>
really fun game,

i am shit at it though. AI on prince difficulty always conspire against me and fuck me up after playing for 5 hours...
the one difficulty below is way too easy. i would be in the modern era and people wouldn't even be in the renascence stage.

everyone likes Civ 5 and rightly so, its an awesome game that evolves with many types of technology paths and character perks you play with
>>
File: photo.jpg.png (107 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg.png
107 KB, 251x251
>>321386634
this
>>
>>321393569
the AI is an idiot, 3 ranged units can stall their armies indefinitely
abuse it for all its worth
>>
Are there any civs in this game which are just complete shit and not worth using at all, or are they all at least somewhat viable?
>>
>>321386634
>>321395310
Agreed.
>>
>>321393034
No.

Nothing is as comfy as DoD.
>>
>>321384451
>is it worth it?
Yes
>which one should i get?
V with all the expansions. It's a bit simple without the expansions.
>is it cosy?
One of the coziest games there is.
>>
Colonization is still my favorite Civ game.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.