[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What order should I play the Ys games on Steam? Are there any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: ys.png (276 KB, 542x160) Image search: [Google]
ys.png
276 KB, 542x160
What order should I play the Ys games on Steam? Are there any I should just skip? I know the whole series isn't on PC.
>>
>>321383730
>order
There's no order really.
You can potentially skip the 2d ones, since they have bumper car combat which isn't for everyone. But maybe you'll like it.
>>
>>321384436
Is Ys IV the game that comes after Origin/Oath in Felghana, or is there a missing Ys III on Steam.

I don't mind playing Ys I & II even if they're a little dodgy. Are they long?
>>
>>321384791
III is a weird 2D sidescroller thing, and Oath in Felghana is a remake of it that is universally preferred.
>>
>>321384791
I'm no expert on Ys games, but from what I know each one is pretty much self-contained in terms of the story. It's not like the story is important in these games anyway.
And Origin is set in a very distant past from all other games.
If you really want to do it chronologically, I think Steam games should go Origin, Oath, Ark. But release order is reverse, and that's what I personally suggest doing.
As for the length, it's 8-15 hours each, I guess.
>>
If you care about the story (there isn't much of one) then play I>II>Origin>IV/Celceta then the rest are unconnected mostly. Seven references 6 but it's not necessary by any means.
>>
>>321384791
>I don't mind playing Ys I & II even if they're a little dodgy.
Those are the best games.
>>
>>321386852
Just found out they work flawlessly with my SNES pad with USB adapter, so I'm excited.

>>321385761
I'll do I>II>Origin and then play Oath and IV, thanks.
>>
>>321386994
If you want to play Ark I suggest you play it before Oath.
Ark is the first of the 3d games and so isn't so refined so it'll be harder to go back to it.
>>
>>321384791
>Is Ys IV the game that comes after Origin/Oath in Felghana, or is there a missing Ys III on Steam.
Are you implying that Ys IV is on Steam? Because I only see VI aside from the others you mentioned.
>>
>>321384791
Ys 4 is weird, there's like 4 versions of it. Only the newest one, celceta is actually made by falcom. The PC engine one plays like ys 1 and 2 though and it has a fan translation. Skip the original ys 3, play Felghana instead. Ys 5 is unavailable in English (and supposedly garbage anyway)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.