[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come such a fun show has a spin-off so shitty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: Previously_Recorded_Logo.png (29 KB, 600x124) Image search: [Google]
Previously_Recorded_Logo.png
29 KB, 600x124
How come such a fun show has a spin-off so shitty?
>>
Jay and Mike don't give a shit about video games, that just leaves Rich and a literally who baldy. Jay and Mike are the creative talent at RLM, the rest are just there to talk.

also this is e-celeb shit not video games
>>
1/2 of the hosts actually gets visibly upset if you say the word "retard" and he has a gaggle of mods ready to tongue his anus.
>>
>>321370514
Previously Recorded is the only good video game review show on the internet.

They give their raw unbiased opinions. They don't cater to fanboys. They aren't paid to give Uncharted or Metal Gear Solid a 10/10 and GOTY award like the plethora of other paid gaming "journalists". They're straight up real with their audience.

I disagree with them 100% on their review of the classic Sanic games being bad. But I wasn't one of those cringe inducing faggots to dislike their video and tell them their opinion was wrong. I just respected them even more for giving their god honest opinion on a franchise that is littered with literal autistic children.
>>
>>321370514
Its not that bad, and they've been pretty spot on. They don't go in depth but they give a nice overall summary.

The reason you're not getting "HitB" quality is because they're not Mike & Susan. Nothing will ever emulate them.
>>
>>321371128
knowing that jack is a friend of mike and jay i'm sure he doesn't care, he's just having a broadcaster mindset when they do streams.

honestly i wish they did more stuff, but whatever. their current format isn't optimal either. they should do more videos like what they did with the mario and CoD video.
>>
>>321372518
>i'm sure he doesn't care

Then you'd be wrong.
>>
They're unfunny jabronis. Their criticisms are spot on though. I loved seeing Sonic fags getting btfo.
>>
I know they can actually back up their knowlegde on horror stuff, but weren't they a bit too harsh with Alien Isolation?
>>
File: 1445456503854.jpg (81 KB, 737x621) Image search: [Google]
1445456503854.jpg
81 KB, 737x621
>>321370514
Jack has no personality. Rich has stereotypical basement dweller to his charm, but Jack just kills the show.
>>
>>321371973

>it's okay if they're retards as long as they're honest
>>
>>321372948
>IM BAD AT GAME SO GAME IS BAD

spot on indeed
>>
Poo Poo Pee Pee

OH YEAH I FUCKIN LOVE STAR WARS
>>
>>321373489
They give several very good reasons why the Sonic games just weren't very good games. The most damning are the fact it's a game that's supposedly about speed and finesse, but it has a terrible camera system and most of the games are about precise jumping and moving around and not speed.
>>
aidsmoby is total shit that's why
>>
>>321373489
The only good Sonic game is 2.
>>
>>321373323
somehow, your autism only allowed you to take away this from my comment.
>>
>>321373735

>a-autism!
>no I won't tell you how you're wrong
>>
>>321373669

>it's a game that's supposedly about speed and finesse

No, it's a platformer that has speed as a reward if you're good enough.

Using things said in marketing as actual criticism against something is retarded.
>>
>>321373669
>it's a game that's supposedly about speed and finesse

Sonic being about speed was always a marketing gimmick based around the genesis having a better processor than the SNES.
>>
>>321373669
Let it go, anon. They've convinced themselves reaction time through memorization is good design.
>>
File: 1447845849316.png (58 KB, 632x600) Image search: [Google]
1447845849316.png
58 KB, 632x600
In a nutshell, Rich and Jack just don't know much about vidya compared to film.

And say what you want about RLM, Mike and Jay have a chemistry that Rich and Jack don't have on their own. When they're engaged in a group discussion, they're great Rich is, anyway, but when it's just the two of them they have almost nothing interesting to say when talking about vidya.
>>
>>321374103

Do you seriously struggle with sonic so much that you need to memorize it? It's one of the easiest 16-bit platformer series.
>>
>>321373930
Yep. I'm really on /v/ with the autistic borderline retarded gook children.

i forgot why I never use this board.
>>
>>321374017
>speed as a reward

What is the reward for finishing faster?
>>
>>321374443
You are required to memorize it to keep a good pace. This problem is mitigated by Taxman's remakes being widescreen, but it's still there. Sonic feels much like the average Game Boy platformer where you can't see things two feet in front of you, only not as severe.
>>
>>321374838

Wow, amazing argument. You sure showed me.
>>
>>321374920

So then stop running into things like a retard and go slower.

>b-but the commercials told me I had to go fast!
>>
I like the two and it's fun listening to them, they often make a lot of good points.
>>
>>321375097
Sonic controls like dogshit on walking pace. There is no denying the game was built to go fast.
>>
>>321375097
So you have no comments about the camera?
>>
>>321375010
Not even him but you just meme texting him without a real response. Kill yourself autistic retard and maybe stop quoting literally no one next time you reply
>>
Mike and Jay are "film buffs" who know more about movies than the average viewer and make somewhat interesting observations.

Rich and Jack are casuals who tend to know much less than their intended audience and have poorly informed and sometimes flat out factually wrong opinions.
>>
They have one of the worst stream chats I have ever seen.
>>
>>321375337
That implies that they're good stream chats.
>>
File: 1439560678521.jpg (55 KB, 549x480) Image search: [Google]
1439560678521.jpg
55 KB, 549x480
>>321375336
>Rich and Jack are casuals who tend to know much less than their intended audience and have poorly informed and sometimes flat out factually wrong opinions.
This. Rich might seem like he's on par with /v/ on videogame knowledge, but it turned out he's pretty fucking casual.

They need to switch the formula a bit, maybe review a lot more games, and get non-shit opinions.
>>
>>321375336
>factually wrong opinions
kek
>>
>>321375235

The camera is fine.
Again, Sonic is incredibly easy, and if you have trouble playing it then you're bad at video games.
>>
>>321375551
Not necessarily.
>>
>>321375637
>Again, Sonic is incredibly easy, and if you have trouble playing it then you're bad at video games.
it's not that it's not easy, it's that the way speed doesn't work in this game makes it not fun
>>
File: 1448580476553.jpg (22 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
1448580476553.jpg
22 KB, 300x350
>>321370514
Because AIDSMoby is a vile hipster cunt with awful opinions

>thinks that gamepad is superior to mouse+keyboard in every regard
>thinks that piracy is literally theft
>thinks that online anonymity shouldn't be a thing and that people should be forced to use their real name
>>
>>321373172
>Jack just kills the show
4U maybe
>>
>>321376445
lol did he really say all those things?
>>
>>321375336
This. Best friends is great for that sometimes since actually did alot of video game testing so they can call things out technically.
>>
>>321376859
>>321375595

I remember watching BoTW where Mike saw a old-looking car roll into frame and immediately said "that car's going to explode" moments before it did. I thought it was hilarious because I would've never caught that myself.

Meanwhile, Jack and Rich are pretty much playing catch-up with their audience when it comes to gaming knowledge. Also they're generally kinda mediocre skill-wise.
>>
Previously Recorded made me realize how terrible Rich is.

Jay and Mike for life.
>>
I like their analysis/critique videos. Even if they aren't really in depth or I don't agree with everything they still make for an entertaining watch. When they just play games it's only fun to watch if they're having a really great time or tearing it apart.
>>
>>321376652
Of course not, where do you think you are?
>>
>>321379149
He did though
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.