[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game any good? Seems as if people only criticize it due
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: MK.jpg (61 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
MK.jpg
61 KB, 1024x600
Is this game any good? Seems as if people only criticize it due to having to purchase extra fighters.
>>
Btw i played 9 and enjoyed it quite a bit if that helps
>>
>>321368540
Best in the series. I hate DLC, but at least it is done post production.... You don't have to buy it to play it that helps.
>>
>>321368540
It's great, the best gameplay in the series.

I have the PS4 version, apparently the PC port was shit.
>>
The DLC characters are pretty fucking dumb.

Season 2 having leatherface, triborg, xenomorph and bo rai cho is actually fucking retarded.
>>
>>321369279
Ok I was planning on getting it for PC. You think they fixed it by now?
>>
its good if you like mortal kombat.

if you're looking for a new fighting game to play there's better choices for sure
>>
>>321369389
Ok
>>
>>321369392
No. The people I know who play on PC don't play the game anymore and have a poor opinion of it performance wise. No one I know argues that it is easily the best gameplay in the series.
>>
>>321369425
What are some of the same or higher caliber for PC?
>>
Whay do people like to hate on this game
>>
>>321369392
Barely. Like a lot of the frame rate issues that originally plagued the game are fixed but, some new ones have surfaced. It doesn't make it unplayable but, this is more than 7 months in at this point. Netcode is still kind of trash and online is a ghost town.

If you have friends to play locally with and can get it on g2a for like 12 bucks, why not though?
>>
>>321369546
Because it's not made in grorious nippon.
>>
>>321369487
Street Fighter 4
Street Fighter 5 when it comes out
Guilty Gears Xrd

If you're getting one for PC REALLY don't get MK, the PC port is shit.

>>321369546
Because dial-a-combos, and a block button make the game play a certain way that a lot of fighting fans don't like
>>
>>321369546
Because it is combo focused, and the block button is different than street fighter. That is literally it. The block button eliminates holding back. That is the whole difference.
>>
>>321371067
So because thay are shit at the game good to know
>>
>>321369885
>Because dial-a-combos, and a block button make the game play a certain way that a lot of fighting fans don't like

Die-hard fighting game fans are the single worst gaming demographic on the whole damn planet. Because die-hard fighting fan means die-hard Street Fighter fan.
Jesus Christ, look at the criteria that they want from a fighting game.

>The game needs to be suited for serious tournament play or it's trash.
>2D arenas only. If it's a 3D arena it's not real fighting, because in real life all fights are fought in straight lines only.
>It needs to be compatible with my custom made loli Cammy camel toe fight stick from Indonesia
>1 v 1 fighting only. If there are more than one fighter on screen at once the game is automatically trash.
>Create a fighter? Customized movesets? In a fighting game? No, that's no good. If I can't memorize every combo of every fighter in the game, then it's trash. I need to be able to know every move a character can do at a glance, wildcards fucking scare me.
>STORY? IN A FIGHTING GAME? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS. I BET THE ONLINE MATCHMAKING IS GOING TO BE SHIT BECAUSE OF THIS. MOTHER FUCKERS.
>You mean I need to unlock some of the fighters by playing through story/arcade/single player gaming modes? Nah, this is shit. How dare they require me to play the game against anyone but a human. Literal garbage.
>No, the game can not have "Silly" or "Fun" fighting modes. Only serious fighting modes for serious fighters like myself.
>It needs to play exactly like Street Fighter 2. If it has more than one additional feature than it goes right into the garbage

So many of them are like this in the Street Fighter community that is almost always ruins the game.
It's why I prefer fighting games like Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive, Soul Caliber, or games from smaller dev teams like Skullgirls
Yeah, the communities are smaller, but they don't reach the sheer autism level that Street Fighter fans do.
>>
When's Freddy?!
>>
>>321368540
9 plays better, has a better sp, and has better characters

mkx is one of the most disappointing games in recent memory
>>
PC never had issues.
People bitched because they were playing on laptops and expected the game to run at 60 on their shitty Intel HD.
It's a better game on PC.
>>
>>321368540
i'm still waiting for their "KOMPLETE EDITION" version.
>>
>>321373807
Like that retard that keeps posting glitch videos
>>
>>321369389
Xeno with Baraka blades is pretty based m8y
>>
>>321374442
That won't launch until at least next Holiday season.
>>
>>321368540
I criticize it for having a horrible PC port, otherwise I'd be playing it.
>>
>>321369392
It runs better than the PS4 version for me, the online is somewhat dead on PC though. My i7/GTX770 runs it perfectly 1080p/60fps.
>>
>>321376150
Yeah, an i7 GTX770 should run almost everything on high. Maybe not Max of Ultra, but High at the very least.
>>
>>321368540
Worst art design I can't believe it's steam punkish victorian. Jason is the only character that's fun. Having to choose which style of fighting you want pre match is retarded. Mk9 destroys it
>>
>>321373807
Mkx arenas are 2d garbage though. They don't utilize the plane like tekken or doa
>>
>>321368540
it fixed some issues from MK9 and created some new ones.

i think mkx has too much of an emphasis on rushdown 50/50 setplay. jump attacks are incredibly powerful to the point where they stuff anti-air attempts too often compared to MK9. the corner carrying is also a little too far on the side of ridiculous. really those are my biggest complaints though, it's still a good game if you're willing to take the time to learn how it works.
>>
>>321376593
>I can't believe it's steam punkish victorian

literally what
>>
>>321368540
It's the best feeling MK game yet, DLC is optional and actually made after release. I enjoy most of the new characters. Although I feel like I wasted some time with it when SFV is coming soon
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.