[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
simple question...... FTL or Terraria?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: trombone-player-silhouette.jpg (19 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
trombone-player-silhouette.jpg
19 KB, 525x700
simple question...... FTL or Terraria?
>>
FTL if you like poker and space
Terraria if you like legos and metroidvania
>>
Starbound.
>>
>>321366496
I can't say much myself about FTL, but my friend seemed to play and like it a lot.

Terraria is great with friends, but once you play it through, there isn't much incentive to play again unless they give it another update.
>>
Want to chill, have fun and explore? Terraria. (it can be difficult at certain points though).

Want to challenge, frustrate, and induce rage upon yourself? Get FTL. Beating FTL is a great feeling, getting there can be hell. An addictive hell though.
>>
Terraria: 200+ hour game
FTL: 10-20 hour game (if you really enjoy it)
>>
>>321366496
Both, but if you have to choose

FTL if you only have small windows to play vidya

Terraria if you want something you can play for hours and hours each session
>>
>>321366803
Lots of adventure maps to play as well though, giving you more of a classic 2D action/adventure session. You have to download them of course, and in some cases resist the urge to cheat. Plus after a break it's always a fun game to go back to with a new world.
>>
Do you have friends with the game? Terraria

Flying solo? FTL.
>>
>>321367014
this
you'll get bored of FTL before you unlock hard mode in Terraria
>>
Both are good, Terraria has way more content though.
>>
>>321367014
If you really enjoy FTL you'll reach 100+ hours eventually and still play it from time to time

Whereas you'll probably reach 100+ hours of Terraria over two months tops and then won't touch it for a long time
>>
>>321366764
Moй нeгp
>>
>>321367348
One reason people came back to Terraria a lot is because of the gigantic content patches, 2 of them after the original ceasing of development. Now they are working on 2 new terraria games (Otherworld and Terraria 2) so I don't know of the original is getting anything more, haven't checked in awhile.
>>
FTL is a superior game. Terraria might give you more playtime, but FTL is a game that's going to treat you right from start to finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZv19yJrZyo

You can even turn it into more of an exploration game with mods (of which there are a healthy amount). The soundtrack is also one of my all-time favorites. Ben Prunty deserves awards (and has gotten some) for this.
>>
I prefer FTL though it'd be nice if it was a teensy bit less random.

I don't like games like Terraria though so there was no way it was going to win in my book.
>>
>Rogue "Lites"
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.