[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I feel ashamed for playing on normal/classic? Everybody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Lucina_(Yukata_CG_DLC).png (139 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Lucina_(Yukata_CG_DLC).png
139 KB, 400x240
Should I feel ashamed for playing on normal/classic? Everybody acts like normal is so ridiculously braindead easy, but I find it to be the right amount of challenge for the way I play in Awakening (leveling characters very evenly, and only using characters I like), and I plan on doing the same for Fates. It's frustrating because Awakening is one of my favorite games of all time but I get shit from the community for liking the easier mode for my playthroughs. And I'm not new to the series either, I've been playing since FE7, but Awakening's hard mode (and god forbid lunatic) is too rough for me personally. Anybody else most comfortable playing in normal mode?
>>
>>321365869
>It's frustrating because Awakening is one of my favorite games of all time
heh
>>
>I only play video games for da cute anime grills! I'm well-adjusted!
>>
>>321365869
>Should I feel ashamed for playing on normal/classic?

Yes.
>>
>>321365869
>but I find it to be the right amount of challenge
How.
Even if your level distribution is complete garbage Robin+Chrom alone can steamroll the entire game because of Pair Up being broken.
Hard's an alright difficulty and falls more in line with other FE games, Lunatic makes the game feel like a puzzle game, and Lunatic+ is a puzzle game with a built in dice rolling sim.
>>
Dude, fuck what other people think.
You're playing to have fun, aren't you?
>>
>>321366551
>>321366189
>>321365989
All three of you

Suck me
>>
I can play the game with the characters I like on lunatic.just try playi g hard with the people you loke. Sont rish your turna take them slow and think things out. Its not tjat hard soon youll be playing lunatic and have no trouble at all. You need to get good mate. Its not very hard honestly. Mwery Christmas
>>
>>321366910
Hard does not match other FEs standard difficulties, it's way harder.
>>
>>321367076
Are you drunk?
>>
>>321365869
>>321366947
This. They introduced the easier modes so likes like you and me can enjoy the game too, anon. Ignore the pretentious shits who look down on you for not having the same kind of "fun."

Enjoy the game how you want to.
>>
>>321365869
Yes, you're a fucking baby.
>>
>>321365869

who cares
just play the game the way that you want to
its just a video game
>>
Easier difficulties always feel too easy in these and in harder ones you get shrekd by RNG.

Doesnt feel like these games can get the balance right.
Advance Wars did it better. Didnt have to deal with those RPG mechanics.
>>
>>321367227
>Tfw grandpas whining about difficulty when SS and PoR are easy as fuck
>Whining about Robin solo-ing the game when Ike can crush the game just as hard

Hell, I wish they would get their heads out of their asses. SS is easy as fuck but still my favourite Fire Emblem.
>>
>>321368835
PoR is only easy if you played the U.S. babby mode.
>>
>>321365869
normal is okay. hard is the best. lunatic is crazy. don't feel ashamed if you're just playing because it feels comfy.
>>
>>321368404

Agreed. Found it hard to go back to playing FE after AW
>>
>>321369874
They're two completely different games bro.
>>
File: 1432866250153.gif (2 MB, 372x323) Image search: [Google]
1432866250153.gif
2 MB, 372x323
>Play on Normal
>Beat game
>Then beat it on harder settings
Who doesn't like the progression of a challenge?
And don't give me that bull shit about how you can pick hard off the bat. Some games don't allow that shit until you beat it once.
>>
>>321365869
>feeling ashamed for not being able to cater to a mongolian cave painting boards standards

Don't be a fag and enjoy the game.
>>
>>321370029

Judging them as tbs , which they both are.
>>
I bought the game for waifus but stayed for the gameplay
>>
>>321370889
They still play completely differently and strive for different things. Saying that you can't go back to one after playing the other is pretty pointless.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.