[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /v/ think of KOTOR I?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: swkotor 2015-12-24 22-21-02-70.png (464 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
swkotor 2015-12-24 22-21-02-70.png
464 KB, 1920x1080
what does /v/ think of KOTOR I?
>>
>>321357047
I started playing it. Then got bored on the first planet and uninstalled.
>>
>>321357514
The game gets good when you get your lightsaber.
>>
Good enough that Jar Jar Abrams plagiarized Revan for Force Awakens
>>
>>321357047
Pretty solid for its time.

The massive fan-made voiced expansion story pack is worth a replay alone.
It goes through the comics side and shows Revan's rise to power in the Jedi academy, while tying it together with the story of a defectant Sith officer.
>>
>>321359839
Brotherhood of Shadow?
>>
File: shitheads.png (574 KB, 637x479) Image search: [Google]
shitheads.png
574 KB, 637x479
Daily reminder that Kreia and Carth are both obnoxious cucks.
>>
>>321358372
I knew I couldn't have been the only one to think that.
>>
>>321357514
>>321357579

The first planet is my favorite part of the game
>>
I liked it
>>
>>321358372
I don't see how.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62 KB, 960x720
>>321359890
Yeah, that's the one.

I forgot, you also go to Taris and go 1 v 1 against Mandalore as Revan.
>>
>>321358372
I really don't know why people keep thinking this. People are way too desperate to try and make Kotor canon for some reason.

Now Luke disappearing and leaving only a astromech droid with his location actually sounds VERY similar to Revan in Kotor 2
>>
>>321359979
both KOTOR and II had really good first planets in terms of atmosphere, but gameplay wise were fairly dull (which is why some of the most popular for each was skipping them)
>>
>>321357047
I am only able to enjoy it ironically while being excessively evil.
>>
>>321359979
Just remember, that anything you do is basically useless.
>Become Taris' best duelist
>Complete all assassination missions
>Help out Alien Refugees
>Help pay peoples debts
>Cure the zombie-beast plague
>Help a slave caste escape from extreme poverty
Only for the entire planet to be nuked.
>>
I have literally been trying to get this bitch ass game to work on this windows 8 laptop the ENTIRE DAY.

It crashes after the intro logos unless I play the game in 800x600 windowed mode.

I'm losing my shit.
>>
>>321360520
>character looks almost identical to Revan
>I really don't know why people keep thinking this
>>
>>321360708
>identical
They both wear a mask. That's where the similarities end. Masks aren't even the same color
>>
>>321360667
I think thats the point, I feel like the try to get you to feel something for the planet, so when Malak destroys it you get angry at him or something. Unfortunatly it backfired and most of the players hated it because they were stuck there for so damn long.
>>
>>321360903
Not him, but are you retarded? Not that I agree or disagree that JJ ripped off Revans design but they both have black and red color schemes and wear a mask with a hood over it.
>>
>>321360956
I'm not sure if Peragus is better or worse.

On one hand, its still suspenseful to know you're the only one alive and there's an awful lot of secrets to be found, plus with KotOR 2's randomized loot system, you never know if you're gonna get lucky and end up with something nice.
>>
File: swkotor 2015-12-24 23-10-00-78.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
swkotor 2015-12-24 23-10-00-78.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
make taris great again
>>
>>321361152
Have you even seen the fucking movie? Kylo's helmet is solid black and silver. Most of the time he doesn't even have his hood up
>>
2 is better, but 1 is still good.
>>
>>321361380
>baiting this hard

Santa wouldnt like that kiddo
>>
playing it the first time again after like 8 years. taris kinda sucked, still a fun game.
>>
>>321361380
The point isn't when his hood is up or down. The point is that he has the fucking hood.

Yes, they're not identical characters. But they have very similar costume design. Why can't you grasp this?
>>
>>321357047
/v/ mostly shits on it because it's not made by Obsidian Bugmasters.
Personally, I really enjoyed it. Flawed in many ways, sure, but in the end all that matters is having a good time.
KotOR delivered on that. So did the sequel, if less so.
>>
I can't kill the rat monster in the Undercity in taris help
>>
>>321361608
He honestly looks more like Darth Starkiller's Cyborg armor.
>>
So how many people actually found the riddle game quest in KOTOR1? I remember young me being blown away by it when I first saw it on my 1st or 2nd playthrough.
>tfw you can actually cheat and use a cultural riddle to beat him and he doesnt always call you on it.
>>
File: bebe.jpg (71 KB, 750x414) Image search: [Google]
bebe.jpg
71 KB, 750x414
>KOTOR will forever be an ugly, glitchy mess that will be a barrier to new players

HD Remaster when?
>>
>>321357047
Better actual content than 2.
>>
>>321361170
Peragus was fine because there's a lot of atmosphere if you want to explore, but it's also really easy to speedrun because you can bypass all of that if you don't care. Telos can go fuck itself though.
>>
>>321362489
>barrier to new players
And what games are behind this barrier?

KotOR 2 which looks the exact same and is even glitchier?
>>
>>321357579
I'm really sad because I rage quit this game when I got it ~10 years ago.

I had FINALLY gotten my lightsaber and became a jedi. Then my brother came to visit(older brother was at uni), so I let him try the game out. Little did I know I had been autosaving the entire time, so when he made a new game it overwrote my entire save file.

I was so pissed I never played the game again. I reinstalled it a couple of days ago since I'm home and my CDs are here(can't register on steam and download digitally because the game doesn't have a cd key lol), but I haven't launched it yet.

I think I'll try to get back into it.
>>
I love kotor. While not as polished as the second, it stays truer to the star wars originals

I still like the second more but I was playing the first today and remembered how fun it is. So nostalgic. The levels were really great
>>
>>321361661
Buy stimulants and abuse them for cheap stat boosts
>>
took me 6 hours to get my lightsaber, but i sure took my time.
>>
>>321360668
Disable frame sync?
>>
>>321357047
Better than KOTOR 2
>>
>>321362697
I agree with this. I think Taris and Peragus are fine, but Telos is fucking shit
>>
>>321363093
I agree. I love paragus. Taris is kind of boring but I still enjoy the plots. The only level I don't really like that much is the undercity/sewer and most of the Vulcan base. Every time I replay peragus I'm blown away at how good the level is. The first time I played it was nuts

Telos is terrible tho. The entire level is awful. The underground base is so boring
>>
>>321363061
That's default
>>
>>321362489
>barrier to new players
If you're too casual for KOTOR, just KYS
>>
>>321363308
>Telos is terrible tho
One of the things I really hated was how rail-roaded it is.
>Show up
>Get arrested
>Get tortured
>Now either go protect Ithorians or work for Czerka. The quests are nearly the same and the reward is the same.
>Hop in 1 of 3 shuttles.
>Get shot down
>Meet weirdo Zabrak
>Railroaded through increasingly larger mercenary camps.
>Fight a tank
>Continue being railroaded, but through an antarctic library
>Finally, after 3-5 hours get your ship back so you can start exploring the galaxy.

>The underground base is so boring
What the fuck was the point of the lost mercenary? You can't talk to him other than "Follow me", he doesn't fight, he doesn't come with you to the Jedi Temple. He just disappears.
>>
>>321358372
> he has a mask
> IT'S REVAN GUYS
>>
>>321364060
>What the fuck was the point of the lost mercenary?
A quick sidequest for light side points, made tedious because of the garbage AI.
>>
>>321364060
Does the Restoration mod improve this or was it poorly designed from the get go?
>>
Manaan > Korriban > Tatooine > Kashyyyk
>>
>>321362837
so I tried launching it only to find out that thanks to Windows 10, in game movies crash the game.

Fucking fantastic
>>
File: Juno.jpg (62 KB, 396x538) Image search: [Google]
Juno.jpg
62 KB, 396x538
SUPREME STAR WARS VIDYA WAIFU COMING THROUGH
>>
>>321358372
>>321364463
>implying Kylo Ren is Revan
>implying Ben Solo won't return to the light side in Episode 8
>implying Rey won't join the dark side in Episode 8
>implying she won't steal Ben's helmet
>Implying her title won't be Darth Reyvan
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.