[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FFXIV is the greatest blunder of our generation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: TWO FAUST.jpg (155 KB, 400x257) Image search: [Google]
TWO FAUST.jpg
155 KB, 400x257
IT'S

TWO FAUSTS

ALEXANDER MIDAS IS JUST TWO FAUSTS
1 + 1 FAUST
IF YOU THOUGHT 1 FAUST WAS GREAT
BOY ARE YOU PREPARED FOR A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!!
>>
Once I reached endgame I realized how empty the game really is. My goodness there is not even anything fun to do at that level because you're either grinding tokens or waiting 3 lifetimes for some shit that won't be relevant ever again.
>>
>>321355108
but the game is about collecting panties and mounts, who cares about the actual content? are you a raid fag? better play wow then. FFXIV end game is just faceroll crap for casuals.
>>
>>321355479
Link your A3S clear then, since it's so faceroll :^)
>>
>>321355108
wow bro its my $15 dollars don't tell ME what kind of raid I want, I prefer reused models so the GAMEPLAY is good
>>
File: yoshi p.jpg (15 KB, 300x206) Image search: [Google]
yoshi p.jpg
15 KB, 300x206
>>321355108
Ok wait hold on so

Final Alexander will be

Three Fausts
>>
>Relic comes out
>Maybe there will finally be something new to do, or a reason to do something other than Alexander and the same 4 dungeons again
>Nope!

Fuck this fucking game.
>>
they should call yoshi captain planet instead since all he does is recycle
>>
I do not mind, they should make more use of Faust.
>>
I don't get the praise for this game.
It's literally just World of Warcraft with way less content, way less players, and a new paint job.

Is it just literal weebs and perhaps hardest of the hardcore FF fans that are a vocal minority, saying this is the best MMO ever, and even available now, or what?
Even TOR in its current state is better than this game.
>>
LMAO 2 FAUST
2 FAUST
>>
File: 1450857404935.jpg (44 KB, 498x398) Image search: [Google]
1450857404935.jpg
44 KB, 498x398
>>321357030
It's always apologists and drones. It's the exact same case with TOR with all its Bioware and Star Wars drones.
>>
>>321357030
Most of the praise was really just because people were excited for the future of the game because the developers were good at hyping shit up
>YOU'LL BE ABLE TO HUNT POWERFUL MONSTERS IN THE WORLD WITH YOUR FRIENDS
>YOU'LL BE ABLE TO MAKE AN AIRSHIP WITH YOUR FC AND GO ON EXCITING EXPLORATORY MISSIONS TO HUNT NOTORIOUS MONSTERS
>PRIMALS WILL SPAWN IN THE OPEN WORLD AND THE FIRST FC TO KILL THEM WILL BE ABLE TO SUMMON THEM LATER
>THERE WILL BE PASSIVE PVP FIGHTS INCLUDING SIEGES
People (myself included) were willing to put up with the somewhat lacking 2.0 experience because we believed the dev team could deliver, especially because they were able to make a decent game in as short a time as they did.
>>
>>321357613
massive pvp fights*
>>
>>321356559
>a reason to do something other than Alexander
>it's actually 800 Alexander runs
my sides
>>
>>321357030
>way less content
I'd agree, but at least there's a reason to do lower level content more than once in XIV, leveling up lower level classes.
>>
>FFXIV is the greatest blunder of our generation

Coulda told you that w/o even playing, nigga.
>10sec gcd
lamo evrytime
>>
No idea why people are playing this shit. I played TORtanic two months ending last month and it was leagues better than FF14. Tha's p sad.
>>
>>321355108
>Week 1
>Most groups can't even get past Faust
>People are actually bragging about Faust parses
>It becomes a meme

I fucking knew Alex 2 would have something. I thought it would be Faust Mk2.

Oh you want the MT to pick up Faust AND the Adds while the OT just does DPS? Well now you can BOTH do that
>>
>>321357030
>way less content
I mean if you add everything up from every version of the game, sure, but WoD has had fuck all for content. It's been over a year of log in on tuesday, do your raid, log out till next week and it's going to continue to be that way until Legion.

Have you seen WoW lately? Logged into your old server? On all but the highest pop servers it's dead as hell.
>>
>>321360112
So exactly like XIV.
>>
>>321360198
It's sadly to be expected. Yoshi P copied WoW's vertical progression design philosophy because it's an effective skinner box.

Unfortunately it means that there's no reason to keep playing after you've cleared the latest patch. Sub for a month, do everything, and log out again until next patch.
>>
>>321360112
Not nearly as dead as XIV
And there is only one version of WoW with expanded content.
>>
>>321360112
At least WoW has somewhat decent PvP. XIV's is horrible and dead as fuck besides.
>>
File: bv.webm (580 KB, 500x634) Image search: [Google]
bv.webm
580 KB, 500x634
LMAO 2FAUST!!!
>>
>>321360973
WoW's PvP is playable, but I wouldn't play it personally. It's a fucking mess with no sense for balance whatsoever.

PvP however has no place in a game like FFXIV, the game is too slow for it. The resources they put into working on it would have been put to better use elsewhere.

Same with what they did with LoV. Gold Saucer was a really wasted opportunity.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.