[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sakurai’s Famitsu Column Vol. 495: People Are Free to Criticize.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: MasahiroSakurai[1].png (213 KB, 334x435) Image search: [Google]
MasahiroSakurai[1].png
213 KB, 334x435
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/12/24/people-are-free-to-criticize-but-dont-lose-faith/

>By the time this column has been published, the final Smash special presentation should have debuted, offering some new information. But, as of my writing this, nothing has been announced. Please watch it!

>Around the same time, the new Star Wars film is going to premiere, something I’m also anxiously waiting for. I’m so excited! However, George Lucas is not directing it. He’s not even a producer. Lucasfilms, and the rights to the movies, were purchased in 2012 by Disney. This time, J.J. Abrams is directing. The reason for the buyout was “to protect Star Wars and Lucasfilms.”

>Separate from that, in an interview in the American edition of Vanity Fair, Lucas himself apparently said “you go to make a movie and all you do is get criticized. And it’s not much fun. You can’t experiment.”

>A truly serious problem….! He’s such a big name, and to hear him leave this franchise that has impassioned so many fans, a person who worked on the originals with his own hands, is incredibly sad and frustrating. Personally, George Lucas’s work is the work I would really like to see.

>However, I truly understand his feelings. You could say my body is filled with these feelings. Making something, and completing it is a huge undertaking, and there are a lot of places where fans can’t see. It’s like building a house, but people focus on a single painting that’s hung up on a wall in one room, and fixate on it, and keep listing off their complaints of that painting. These situations are very common.
>>
>>321354825

>For me, a familiar example would be…in Smash, Cloud recently became a playable character. And there were people that strongly criticized that, saying “Stop adding non-Nintendo characters!” This is completely ignoring the fact that I’ve added many, many Nintendo characters to Smash. It also ignores the many fans who were overjoyed at Cloud’s addition. Looking at the big picture, I am on the receiving end of countless amounts of truly trivial statements.

>However, I think that’s okay. Different people value different things differently, and they should stay honest to that. For example, even I, as a fan (?) have my complaints with Star Wars. I honestly dislike Episode VI’s long-winded pacing and how easily the Empire Stormtroopers fall to the Ewoks. I think that the re-releases are redundant and superfluous. But, more than that, I am grateful that they showed me these various worlds, and let me enjoy them. Normally, I just don’t have the opportunity to vocalize my feelings of gratitude.

>It’s particularly easy to voice criticisms, and opinions are very strong. When people yell loudly, it also invites mob mentality and conformity. It’s easy for negative opinions to be amplified, while positive opinions are quieted. People don’t understand the circumstances and state of affairs behind development, and it’s not allowed for creators to make excuses. There are even people who feel emotionally battered and quit working.

>Some players might think “If you’re going to lose to stuff like that, maybe you shouldn’t be a creator?” But, creators are people too. It’s not that we’re ignoring the feelings of the people who play our games. But criticisms can become slander that’s focused on being an attack, and if you take those hits upfront, then it chips away at the power of production.
>>
>>321354889

>From the beginning, I have thought “the people who don’t raise their voices are important.” I created my first game, Kirby’s Dreamland, a game you could say was designed for beginners, because beginners don’t usually raise their voices. I think that it is necessary to really look at these people, understand them, and work patiently and persevere and build on my work.

>I don’t want people who are involved in ‘creating’ things to become disheartened by criticism. Just being able to impart ‘fun’ to a lot of people is a blessing, after all.
>>
>>321354825
I lost all faith after playing Brawl. Hopefully Sakurai gets sick and can't work on Smash 5.
>>
Complete the sentence:

>Sakurai is ___________
>>
>>321355117
ENTERTAINER
>>
>>321355117
a hack
>>
>>321355117
A good video game developer.

I can't believe how riled up everyone gets over this.
>>
>>321355117
Made a game
>>
>>321355117
my waifu
>>
>>321355067
You're lame as fuck
>>
>>321355117
sad that smash ever happened.
>>
>>321354825
I agree that people get worked up over small details all the time, like Cloud being in. But I disagree with statements like “the people who don’t raise their voices are important" because it's an empty statement.
>>
>>321355117
better than Kojima
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 412x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 412x352
>>321355162
I like you
>>
JAPANESE
GEORGE
LUCAS
>>
Then why doesn't he just fix/replace the painting?
>>
>>321355117
a cuck
>>
>>321357563
how did you type cuck? testing to see if this works again?
>>
>>321355990
You forgot
>I personally enjoyed Episode I a lot, but there were some that didn’t feel this way.
>There’s even a documentary called The People vs. George Lucas. It’s full of criticisms towards him, and I cannot agree with it.
>>
>>321357741
AYYYY ANON IS THE KING OF THE KEKS!
>>
>>321357741
cuck
>>
smash is nothing more than an advertisement tool, congratulations on selling out on your only noteworthy title Nintendo
>>
>>321357960
Meant for>>321354825
>>
>>321357741
baka

Fucking chinese moot
>>
>>321355117
a biased piece of shit
>>
>>321355117
a fucking bastard.

Why he didn't added Shantae? He add ANOTHER generic swordman instead of add a cool character.
>>
>>321354889
>But criticisms can become slander that’s focused on being an attack, and if you take those hits upfront, then it chips away at the power of production.

>MUH FEELINGS

Fucking queer
>>
>>321359446
Because Shantae is too niche, at least Bayonetta was more negotiable and Europe wanted her a lot
>>
File: laughing-and-pointing.jpg (70 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
laughing-and-pointing.jpg
70 KB, 425x282
>>321359446
I think the delicious salty tears of Shantaefags, that are still being provided to this day, is the best thing about Corrin joining.
>>
Sakuari is a hack
Turn him into a cuck meme like avgn
>>
File: 1449064549349.png (40 KB, 152x254) Image search: [Google]
1449064549349.png
40 KB, 152x254
>>321359838
I can't decide between Shantaefags, Daisifags or Krystalfags.

I only know that their tears are delicious.
>>
>this OT fag
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.