[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Armored_Core_V_cover[1].png (216 KB, 300x359) Image search: [Google]
Armored_Core_V_cover[1].png
216 KB, 300x359
Is it good?
>>
Nope. Nothing will beat AC4A.
>>
it's alright but you'd probably have to like armored core a lot to get into it, it's not a good game for most beginners
>>
Verdict Day is much better
>>
>>321351204
Except 1 and it's expansion packs, 2, Another Age, 3, etc. 4 and For Answer were awful.
>>
It's really rough around the edges, and it's too multiplayer-focused to be a solid recommendation. Verdict Day was a colossal improvement over it in so many ways it's ridiculous. If your choice is ever Verdict Day or V, just pick Verdict Day.
>>
>>321351282
Is it like the originals or is it the fast paced style like 4?

>>321351317
How? What all did it improve?
>>
File: 1450330878542.jpg (67 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
1450330878542.jpg
67 KB, 422x750
>>321351387
>>
>>321351480
Energy consumption rates aren't as brutal, weaponry is far more diverse and there are tons more options for everything you could possibly want, multiplayer features were expanded upon, you have more opportunities to duke it out with other AC pilots, there are massive super-enemies with a broad variety to fight, the story is more fleshed out compared to ACV's, and the music is dramatically better. Though ACV's atmosphere and setpieces were also really, really nice compared to the desert wasteland you're typically dashing about in for ACVD.
>>
>>321352051
Is it worth playing if I don't care about multiplayer? I just want something like the PS1 games.
>>
>>321352263
You shouldn't play this series at all if you don't care about multiplayer.
>>
>>321351452
I'm not sure I can honestly say VD is better than V as a pure single player game. It goes back to really short missions on small maps and it's full of for Answer wanking and stupid bosses that you cheese out the damage weakness of since you need good ranks to actually unlock anything.

Part selection is way better eventually of course.
>>
Armored Core was never good.
>>
>>321352395
The PS1 games were good without having to rely on multiplayer as a crutch.
>>
>>321352650
>he didnt have a long running competitive streak with freinds in regardsto PS1 AC's

in the days of the early internet where one couldnt just look up the best builds, that shit was awesome. Innovation and counter-strategies ruled the day
>>
>>321352650
The problem with V and only slightly less VD is that the games were balanced for 4v4 with the idea that you needed mixed builds to compensate for each other so ACs either have crippling weaknesses or are just super fucking fat with mediocre AP.

Japan eventually developed a weird semi-balanced meta build that was mostly pretty solid but single player missions with ACs or boss units are still about knowing ahead of time what the armour values of your enemy are and bringing the gun that buttfucks it more than anything.

In V it was horrendous because if you were below the armour threshold you did absolute dick for damage, in VD the damage curve was more gradual so there was less scenarios where you physically did not have enough ammo to even kill things but it still makes a huge difference.
>>
>>321352884
Oh, I played plenty of versus with my brother in the original game. I'm just saying, multiplayer was never the focus for me and the PS1 games were great for single player as well. It's kind of disappointing if the newer games aren't the same way.
>>
>>321353156
Man that sounds like shit. So the V games aren't viable for single player at all unless you use a guide? What's the last good single player AC then? Not counting the 4 games, which seem like Armored Core in name only based on what I've seen/played.
>>
>>321353938
I played both without a guide in singleplayer. You can even have AI helpers in VD
>>
>>321353938
You can play them, it's just VD particularly is really heavy on replaying missions to A and S rank them because of the nature of the game and part unlocks being tied to mission ranks. (you can usually just kick things to death for completion if it comes down to it)

V is interesting because it has a proper continuous campaign where you actually play a level from point A to point B rather than just dumping you in a box to kill everything, and while you can change your AC at resupplies it's more forgiving because of that assuming you don't bring all KE rifles or something.
>>
VD's shift from two types of damage to three that functioned almost exactly as rock/paper/scissors was retarded. Nevermind that the actual mechanics of it were even worse, with it eing armour thresholds where if your gun didn't do enough damage it just plinked off fucking uselessly.

Terrible, terrible system, and the wall jumping was unnecessarily convoluted and wasn't all that interesting to use compared to straight boosting. I also still can't figure out why there was never a fucking option to just hold onto a building t act as a turre, or get interesting sniper positions, etc.

The online team focus and territory customization was cool though, as was UNAC customization even if most people never did much with it.

AC3 and Silent Line remain the pinnacle of the franchise, though the gamespeed of the PS1 games are the best.
>>
This shit is depressing. Why can't they make a sequel that plays like the originals but with better graphics and controls, bigger areas, and more parts? No normalfags care about the series anyway so there's no point trying to speed shit up for them. Why must From Software be so inept at everything that isn't Souls shit?
>>
>>321351387

Hey now, 4 was not that bad, it was very passable. I will forever miss Silent Line though.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.