[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand the point of this game. I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: destiny.jpg (77 KB, 400x465) Image search: [Google]
destiny.jpg
77 KB, 400x465
I don't understand the point of this game. I've been playing it for a little while now. Is it an MMO? Is it a single player game with other people running around in the background?

I can't really communicate with other people since there is no text to ask to do groups for things. Trying to solo this game has become an absolute chore, I don't think this game was balanced around single player but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to form groups. Also there is no exploring, just shoot the guys who teleport behind things and get blasted by about 50 other enemies that for some reason all can pretty much 2 shot you.
>>
>>321350556
already had this thread a few hours ago
>>
>>321350724

That's nice.
>>
>>321350556
>Is it a single player game with other people running around in the background?
Basically, yes.
Groups are only for Strikes and Raids. Everything Story related is single player
>>
>>321350556
i just got it, the PSN is down for me for some reason though
add me: CaptainNeilO
>>
The gameplay is amazing and the gunplay is tight as fuck. The art direction that was teased before the game released was amazing as well. Too bad Bungie fucked themselves when firing Joe Staten during the last year of production.
>>
>>321350556
The only activities worth wasting your time on are the raids and PVP.
>>
Story mode is a breeze and somewhat enjoyable with friends. If not, enjoy slugging through that shit. TTK made it less of a grind but it's still insanely boring in some places, especially with shit weapons and things being nerfed into the ground.
If you don't have pals or aren't willing to find groups online (vg/reddit/bungie forums) then you should probably just take it back or something.
>>
A lot of endgame content doesn't have matchmaking and relies on your forming groups either with friends or using external sites.

It's extremely annoying but kind of understandable. The raids require communication and you don't want ot be stuck with a BR "huehhuehue" who doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

Trials Of Osiris is the same. During the week I like to play Elimination (same ruleset, just includes matchmaking and no good loot) My performance is significantly worse with randoms. I don't ever imagine going Flawless through matchmaking.
>>
Do people still play Destiny? TTK just made everything feel so pointless
>>
>>321352136
>PSN is down for me for some reason though
Maybe another Christmas hacker incident?
>>
>>321352692
no i fgured it out, its on my end
>>
After logging in over 1400 hours I've decided to call it a day and walk away from Destiny. Raids were a blast, definitely the highlight of Destiny. Pvp is enjoyable with friends, communication is almost non-existent in public games. And strikes can get rather boring but sometimes crazy randoms would liven things up. All in all I enjoyed the time I played but my backlog is so fucking huge now. Maybe I'll play again when Destiny 2 hits.
>>
I'm a PC guy but I bought a PS4 a couple of months ago for bloodborne. Had a good time and bought destiny because I miss classic Bungie Halo. So far I've had a great time. Just got my last 40 character. A little disappointed how difficult it is to group randomly, and I really want to do raids but there isn't any communication or search tool.

Overall I really enjoy it. I ended up buying my wife a PS4 and we play it together side by side. Pretty happenin.
>>
>>321350556
Outside of raids, strikes, and 2 story missions, everything is a "living" single player
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.