[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10
File: Team-Fortress-2.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Team-Fortress-2.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing, still the third-fourth most played game on Steam and the gameplay is still really solid.
>>
Too many shitty items that are sidegrades or downgrades but retards are too stupid to know better so they use them anyway.
>>
They went on an update hiatus and then when they returned they didn't have much to offer. But now they've added skins for weapons and extra maps and it's pretty good. Just waiting for competitive.
>>
>>321343849
Nothing, I'm about to go home and play it now.
>>
>>321343849
rocket jumping boots
the trading system
the random item drops
>>
>>321344961
God damn the gunboats are fucking useless now that the concheror and battalion's backup aren't useless.
They should negate all fall damage.
>>
>>321343849
Valve is too busy selling user-created content to actually work on weapon balance, so they farm it out to some BR that listens to one pub in Ohio running the game on an XP toaster with a DSL modem.
>>
when the scout update hit it became clear they no longer cared, that was when the decline began

the game's still playable of course but its such a bloated mess compared to what it once was, a real shame
>>
>>321343849
Nothing.

It's better than ever, even.
>>
At first I missed it, but now I'm glad that it's not having e-sport mmr ranking matchmaking, there is cs:go for that
>>
>>321345339
the one with the baseball?
>>
>>321343849
It got F2Ped. Flooded with endless shitty items, cosmetics and the toxic community of 3rd worlders and kids killed all the cool players.
>>
>engy gets nerfed again
>demoknight gets buffed
proof that the game is catering to retards
>>
>>321345339
Bloated is the perfect word to describe it. If you want a multiplayer shooter to stay relevant it needs to be balanced.

Also since they made it f2p (and even before) the community is terrible.
>>
>>321345626
yeah the bat was an absolute wrecking ball when it came to balance, they also stealth nerfed the minigun's damage in that patch. I'd been playing a lot of heavy at the time and noticed it right away.
>>
>>321344961
>>321345127
scrubs who can't rollout detected
>>
>>321345339
Yeah, pretty much. Heavy update wasn't great either though, desu
>>
File: 1450990997556.png (460 KB, 764x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450990997556.png
460 KB, 764x1080
>>321343849
>what went wrong?

None of that matters now, its what's going right?
>>
>>321345832
heavy's unlocks were fairly meh (atleast initially) but they didn't break anything, heavy updated also introduced GREEEEEEEEEEEN even though arena_lumberyard was kind of a shit map and a shit gamemode.
>>
File: 1446889465950.png (43 KB, 1820x196) Image search: [Google]
1446889465950.png
43 KB, 1820x196
>>
>>321343849
all i did was idle for items. then i found out i could sell all my old shit and made about $18.
>>
>>321345885
This encapsulates the haters so perfectly.

Bunch of reddit meme-spouting casuals.
>>
>>321345760
Demoknight was nerfed, dumbass.
>>
>>321345950
Dunno, Natascha and Sandvich were both pretty game-breaking, at least initially. They ended up completely reworking the Sandvich.

And, yeah, Arena is garbage. Both Steel and Badwater Basin are classics, though.
>>
it went to shit when Xenon left the community
>>
File: 4L_T9YnCAyG.jpg (3 KB, 83x125) Image search: [Google]
4L_T9YnCAyG.jpg
3 KB, 83x125
>>321345885
>>321346027
why are such a large percentage of pyro mains either ponyfags or furfags?

feels good to poop on em with muh heavy, they can't do anything if I take corners wide
>>
>>321345984
the game had problems at launch, no one wants to go back to then, we want to go back to pre-scout update
>>
>>321345950
>>321346169
That said, this is giving me feels for classic TF2 in the Pyro/Heavy-era. Shame there's no way to play that version of the game because it really was the GOAT game. Sadly, the 360 ver is too early before they ironed out shit and added Payload.
>>
>>321346169
>Not having a comfy arena server where nobody plays spy
>>
>>321343849
Trading. It made people retarded. The game has never recovered. It's still fun and playable but there are players that are still suffering from the retardation.
>>
>>321346169
natascha was broken for a very long time after it came out, it only did 66% minigun damage instead of 75% and it took valve absolutely forever to fix it. Sandvich didn't become good until they made it so you could drop it for a quick health pack. Sadly they removed that.
>>
>>321346331
https://youtu.be/WUhOnX8qt3I?t=45
>>
File: laughing whores.jpg (14 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
laughing whores.jpg
14 KB, 100x100
>>321346331
>not being a furfag
>almost 2016
>>
>>321346339
Agreed, that's a totally retarded argument. There was a good year plus when the game was brilliant once they ironed out and fixed shit (notably the Demoman and spy mechanics) before the game completely turned to shit.
>>
>>321345760
>demoknight
>buffed
>shields are homogenized to all do charge damage at any range, removing the usefulness of the splendid screen entirely
>targe no longer has fire resistance
>tide turner is LITERAL SHIT because it can only grant mini-crits at any range and your charge can be stopped by a single pistol shot
>swords take a half-century to put away now
>claidheamh mor doesn't have a longer charge time now, just makes you more vunerable when it's out
>persian persuader doesn't grant health from ammo pickups or half charge re-charge time anymore
>they try to make up for all this by granting removal of debuffs and DOT effects when you charge, but it's stupid

Yeah, really buffed, if by buffed you mean unplayable, that is.
>>
Someone needs to do a Fortress Forever-like of circa 2009 TF2.
>>
>>321346331
Thanks for saying "a large percentage" rather than "all".

I wish I knew the reason, man. You can't say you're a pyro main without getting weird looks these days.

I didn't ask for this, I just wanted to spread the hellfire and detonator flares.
>>
You guys remember quake team fortress megaTF mod?
That was great,4 class specific grenades for each class.
Made every choice require some thought.
Like there was strategy to every attack.
>>
>>321346550
CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>321346762
>implying HWG and sentries weren't OP as fuck
>>
>>321346891
sentries were supposed to be
>>
>>321346619
It looks like Splendid Screen got an increase Charge recharge rate to make up for a slight decrease in resistance and the buffing/balancing of the other shields. Might be viable pubpetitively in place of the stickybomb launcher with the stock grenade launcher.
>>
>>321346891
>HWG
some servers had it fucked where it was basically an automatic 50cal

some servers had it correct and it spread over distance.
>>
>>321344961
>>321345127
Gunboats make roamers one of the best pick classes in the game.
>>
File: splendid screen.png (17 KB, 370x249) Image search: [Google]
splendid screen.png
17 KB, 370x249
>>321347196
>>
>tfw TF2 will never be good again
>>
>>321347492
>implying it's not good already
>>
>>321347645
keep thinking that, f2p faggot
>>
>>321344226
>Sidegrades are bad
Consider suicide.
>>
>>321347819
What's so bad about it, hotshot?
>>
I've heard plenty of people explain why TF2 is shit now, but none of the valvedrones can explain what makes it good.
"It was imbalanced as fuck at launch" is not a reason.
>>
>>321347934
>I've heard plenty of people explain why TF2 is shit now
I didn't and I think you're full of shit.

>i've been given a reason, but it totally doesn't count
Yeah, you're full of shit.
>>
You got older
>>
>>321348057
America is less shit than it was in the 1900's, but that doesn't make it a good country.
>>
File: woa pardner.jpg (40 KB, 728x752) Image search: [Google]
woa pardner.jpg
40 KB, 728x752
I still like it but what they are doing to pyro(that phlog buff) is making me question continuing playing.

I also played the 360 ver for nostalgia and how do you fucks even aim with a controller like scout is impossible.
>>
File: 1445865358208.png (178 KB, 487x1440) Image search: [Google]
1445865358208.png
178 KB, 487x1440
>>321343849
Too many shitty gimmick weapons and mostly for soldier and demo while everyone else gets scraps
Hats and skins making the game slow as shit
No interest in fixing bugs or improving maps (we still have bugs from 2007)
Quickplay and F2P killing community servers
RANDOM CRITS AS A GAME MECHANIC
Etc etc
>>
>still playing tf2
>2015

move on to csgo lads
>>
>>321348907
>random headshots: the game
>dodging is punished
nty
>>
>Engineer nerfed
Why? He was already frustrating enough to play.
>>
>>321349635
Jag was legitimately OP but the rest was unnecessary.
>>
>>321348728
>Spy can imitate a reload at any time
Would it really make a difference? Spies reloading in disguise only ever works because it's so rarely seen to begin with, so people assume Spies can't do that.
>>
>>321350672
Depends how you use it, if you want to look like you're retreating out of a fight reloading makes a disguise much more believable or if you just want to fool someone glancing at you far away it's also a good option. There's really no reason why he shouldn't be able too, it adds some more depth to disguises.
>>
>>321348332
>getting head shots on 360 with a controller
Impossible
>>
>>321351753
I knew a guy who could play mge scout and soldier very well with a controller. Couldn't snipe worth a damn without a mouse though.
>>
>>321348728
>RANDOM CRITS AS A GAME MECHANIC
No, it's a great mechanic and made the game much more fun. It helps prevent stalemates by adding an element of randomness, it encouraged toxic try-hard CS players stay away and helps new players feel like they can contribute.

The original core mechanics of TF2 were fucking amazing and generally well-thought through.
>>
>>321348728
Man random crits were a huge annoyance in TF2 for me. Sure it stopped stalemates but matches often being decided by one shitter sticky or rocket was just not enjoyable.
>>
>>321353013
Basically, TF2 did a shit-ton right. Quick responses, mechanics that encouraged teamwork (and even mic chat), great character design, a great kill-cam, and avoiding of making it too hardcore so it was accessible and new people could play and contribute. It really was fucking magic, the game was designed to be as fun as possible, like the anti-Counter-Strike. The graphical style and crits put off kiddy assholes.

It'll be interesting to see if any of the zillion effective TF2 clones coming out next year, even if they're attempting to capitalise on MOBA success in FPSes, will able to reproduce the magic. I seriously doubt it. I kind of think they'll all bomb.
>>
i just want babyface's blaster to not suck again
>>
>>321349814
Jag wasn't really OP, just all of the other wrenches except stock sucked, and Jag was a direct upgrade to stock
>>
>>321353439
>mic chat
I would always carry my team and ended up just turning on mute.
Not really a game that required tactics so much as it required people to think.
>>
>>321347249

>I'm a faggot that can't play Soldier Properly.

I bet you run out of fights when your HP hits below 100
>>
File: 1449289578147.png (1016 KB, 1010x767) Image search: [Google]
1449289578147.png
1016 KB, 1010x767
Seems like less people bought the tough break campaign pass compared to gun mettle.

Does this mean the tough break skins will be worth something now? Everytime i play on pubs or MvM very few players own the pass.
>>
>>321354562
It means the boxes are still worth something. I've already made back my money off it, I'm happy enough.
>>
>>321353013
It's a shitty mechanic that fix nothing at all, if anything it is made to make people who are doing well to do even better and things like farming crits with stickies (regular or ScoRes) exits. The only thing that crits "fix" is making people use their meele weapon more, but only a handful of the retards who play this game knows about the difference between the chances of getting crits with a meele weapon against the rest of the loadout, and the fucking Pan got selled a lot because retards actually thought it gave crits more times than the rest of the weapons, and this without people trolling or trying to be Star_, some people actually got a pan for that reason.

And what do you mean by "core mechanics", nothing fucking changed. You can drop the sandman, or whatever you want, but in all the story of team fortress, the game was never ever balanced at all, and always encouraged spamming. Agaist a decent team, Scout keeps being the fragile piece of shit he always was, even Bonk just makes you useless for some seconds unless you want to help others take a sentry or shit, something that can be done with many other classes, and let's be realistic, if there are people close enought to your sentry to the point it's being atacked by a group, it'd be gone anyway. The shit that makes this game fun is it potential (like demoman sliding with shields and getting direct pipes while mid air or shit like that) no fucking random crits and rng (that they finally removed).
>>
>>321355750
So, depending of what you think the "core" is, nothing fucking changed outside of pubs with no class limits (even under modest class limits, like 2 per class, is fucking nothing). The best example is Scout in competitive where people usually switch class (if 6v6) or loadout (in HL) to try to do something specific like getting a sentry, helping teamates with a push, spaming sandman, or whatever. There is something so fucking simple that people seems to not fucking get: the game was thought around 12v12 with no class limit, even at the begginig the game was not as rock paper scissor as people make it seems to be; the biggest change in the game when it comes to that would be the razorback, that directly yells "I don't give a fuck anymore". It can not be a big deal inside pubs, but it can be exploited considerably by a team with a decent sniper since they would basically babysit him while he get's kills.

The game is a fucking mess and was never ever balanced nor a rock paper scissor game. The only thing in consoles that might be giving that idea is that scouts and sniper can't play with a mouse (at least that I'm aware of).
>>
>>321343849
http://tf2classic.com/
>>
the community is fucking awful and doesn't actually play the game but fucks around as "LE SANDVICH HOOVY" and you're supposed to just accept it

maybe matchmaking will save it
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.