[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: Shovel_Knight_screenshot.png (154 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Shovel_Knight_screenshot.png
154 KB, 480x270
this any good?
>>
Its a meme game developed by tumblr
>>
>>321341135
Do those words even mean anything anymore or do you just spout them off randomly like some sort of pavlovian response?
>>
>>321341361
The latter, of course. Just look at how many games would fit this definition according to \v\.
>>
Nothing special, but pretty good. I have some problems with the graphics and music.
>>
>>321341027
it's fun
>>
Average. Music blows.
>>
It's fucking great, yes. Grab it.
>>
>>321341714
>Music blows
bad taste: the post
>>
>>321341027
its 12good
>>
If you're okay with a modern take on Megaman, Mario, and Ducktales put together, then yeah.

It's a genuinely good game, but if that's not what you're into then you'll probably think it's average
>>
>>321341027
I've beaten it two times as shovel knight, and once as the plague. It's pretty fun and a great pick-up-and-play for an hour type of game. My complaints are that you can get stuck on a part of the level for a while, which made me incredibly frustrated sometimes (enough to put down the game), and though it has great replay-ability, it can be hard to play for long stretches. It's what I play the most on my 3ds now.
>>
>>321341027
Tons of fun at a reasonable price, just get it anon.
>>
I've beaten the games many times. I actually got all the Shovelknight achivements. Sadly, just after plague of shadows came out.
I played the game like 30 hours. well worth it.
There are 2 expansions that will be released, for free. the first expansion, plague of shadows, was amazing, so the hopes are high.

well worth it in my books
>>
It's a solid platformer but it isn't as great as some people would have you believe. The level design can be quite questionable and the vast majority of bosses are FAR too easy

It has a lot of charm, good music and nice atmosphere to it, which I think is a large part of why so many people enjoy it.

I'd say it's one of the better recent indie games, though I enjoyed Freedom Planet more from a gameplay perspective
>>
>>321341891

This fucking rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqAYMZSOQao
>>
It's fun, but nowhere near as hard as it should be.
>>
>>321341027
It's generic indie pixel trash backed up by those who have pledged thousands of dollars for its development.
>>
Will I like Hyperdimension Neptunia if I like:

Final Fantasy VI-IX
Chrono Trigger
Lost Odyssey

Of JRPG genre.
>>
>>321341027
It's the best 2D platformer.
Yep.
>>
>>321344262
No. It's a fanservice simulator. You'd only like it if you like other fanservice games like Senran Kagura, Danganronpa, Dead or Alive, etc.
Or if you're into "cute girls do cute things" shit.
>>
>>321344262
It depends, do you enjoy absolutely average JRPG gameplay and cute girls doing cute things? because if you want actual substance in your story instead of just PLOT, look elsewhere.
>>
>>321341027
You know all those shitty indie pixel platformers that try to cater to nostalgia and references to make headway?

It's like those except it did everything right and can stand on its own without nostalgia.
>>
>>321341135
Wrong game, you're thinking of Undertale.
>>
>>321341027
Great game, think NG+ difficulty should've been default, but that might have been too hard.
>>
>>321341027
I had a ton of fun with it. My standards are low as fuck, but I thought it had a lot of charm. A+
>>
>>321344569
Bullshit. It's not even the best indie 2D platformer.

The best 2D platformer is Super Meat Boy.
>>
>>321345545
Holy shit my sides
>>
>>321345545

>Dude prepare to die lmao!

Remember when platformers were about adventure and not "wooow isn't this so hard and frustrating? :-P"
>>
>>321341714
virt never did something remotely bad, kill yourself
>>
>actually playing shovelware knight
>>
watch some videos, do some research, maybe make a decision in your pathetic life without someone elses help.
>>
It's alright. Nice music and spritework, but the game is average. You can tell what its influences are, but you're playing a game that half-assed the elements it borrowed.
>>
>>321345545
>It's not even the best indie 2D platformer.
You're right, it isn'-

>The best 2D platformer is Super Meat Boy
I don't know how it's possible to go from being so right in the first half of your post to being completely wrong and having shit taste in the second half of your post.
>>
>>321345846
In which case, there are literally dozens of better adventure-platformers than Shovel Knight.
Castlevania, Rayman Origins, Mark of the Ninja etc.
>>
>>321346295
Speaking of pathetic. Bitching people out during the holidays about nonsense is pretty fucking pathetic.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.