[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 18
File: untitled_2_107465.jpg (43 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
untitled_2_107465.jpg
43 KB, 640x360
What went wrong?
>>
Its was the funnest part of the game when it came out
>>
They hyped it up to death only for it to be just multi part regular missions, but with cutscenes.

It should have just been something you could do in the online free roam mode.

It's not like they don't have fucking empty banks all over the god damn map.
>>
why is everyone so fucking incompetent and worthless?
>>
Loading screens
>>
File: 1406227640636.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1406227640636.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
They expect you to be alright with robbing one of the biggest banks in a large, wealthy city for only 1.25 million dollars.

The heists are expanded missions, with nowhere realistically fair payouts so R* can sell more shark cards. They were by zero means worth waiting for.
>>
>>321340483

That's GTA:O's problem in general
>>
>>321340432
because rockstar thrives on it. idiots buy shark cards and it funds more "free" updates that feature things you can buy with more shark cards.
>>
Online itself is the problem. I wanted a sandbox instead of a shitty, contentless MMO.
>>
being queued with idiots
>>
It's not payday
>>
why does rockstar have to be so jew? $1,000,000,000 and 250rp requirement for a shitty car color

when will a great private server come?
>>
Launch day was completely broken.
>>
mta>>>sa mp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>diarrhea>>>>>>>>>>gta o
>>
>>321341061
I can't believe people that actually buy Shark cards exist somewhere. I haven't played in months but I guarantee hackerbux are still plentiful
>>
>>321340114
This, only because the rest of GTAO was shit
>>321339905
Only 5 real heists, tons of loading screens because GTAO is shit. Reward is mediocre because everything is overpriced. Getting a group of randoms to stick around to do more setup missions is fucking impossible.

Me and a friend could not finish them because LOL 4 PEOPLE REQUIRED. I would rather super struggle with 2 than go through the shit that is GTAO inviting.
>>
took way to long to implement and by the time it came out the online community favor "just fucking around" to being competent in group missions
>>
>>321339905
GTA IV MP > V MP
>>
For me, not much.

Doing it with 3 other real life friends was funny as shit
I can imagine doing it with random people being a fucking chore though
>>
hope you goyim are getting shark cards for christmas

dont you want to afford a cool 500,000 hat?
>>
Fucking Shark cards making the rewards shit, load screens up the ass, too much down time.

Not heists, but GTA races suck now. They were fun as hell in 4; the RPG and mo-ped respawning added excitement. Felt more like a survival deathmatch race.

And fuck the payouts for everything. Glad I got 40 million from a hacker a month after launch (still have some of it too).
>>
What exactly is the issue people have with it? I just started playing GTAO and besides the forced missions at the start I haven't really seen what problems there are.
>>
>>321341112
They're cashing in on retarded cawadooty fans that prestige 20 billion times, then throw in shortcuts that cost money. It's fucking genius, there's even a radio commercial in game for shark cards that mocks insecure retards that have to over compensate. I love it.
>>
>>321341547
hello reddit
>>
the way rockstar's chosen to monetise the online is what's ruined it.
i'm pretty sure most people would have been okay with coughing up more money for new heists instead of getting a steady stream of mediocre toys and clothes.
>>
File: 617x.jpg (49 KB, 617x347) Image search: [Google]
617x.jpg
49 KB, 617x347
>>321339905
no real gta fan cares for gta OpenBeta™
Its shit and MTA/SAMP Will always be better

I still play it and bought shark cards
>>
>>321341327

>samp over mta

how shit can you be?
>>
>>321342586
what?
>>
>>321341385
On greenmangaming, GTAV+ a good goy card is #8, close behind #7 GTAV by itself, on the best seller list. It looks like theres lots of them.
>>
It came out over 400 days after the game first launched and advertisements mislead consumers to believe heists would be in the game initially.
>>
>>321342083
Yeah if I didn't get around the same in hacker bucks idk if I'd play that much. There's this huge grind to get anything now, especially with the new update being a huge money sink.

Heists are theoretically fun with a solid group, but in reality they're full of retards who can't shoot straight, have no map awareness in terms of staying in cover effectively, or don't understand how to use snacks and body armor. Shared team lives makes it even more frustrating when the same shitter will die and ruin the mission over and over, but retrying with new people means the lobby is disbanded and you're stuck in loading screens for another five minutes.

Ontop of that, there's no way to filter these shitters out because Rockstar won't attach some sort of value hosts and others can see to determine individual worth of party members. Money earned through heists would be a good start, or maybe some sort of (likely) flawed system of ranking based on mission successes?
>>
>>321339905
Not enough content
Incredibly hard to balance heists because player base is all over the place skill wise
Who hosts matters and prevents people from joining each other
Shark cards
One person fucking up ends the heist meaning one retard can halt the entire experience
Too many set up missions which felt like average missions

I wish more people in this game enjoyed bikes
>>
If R* continues to build on GTAO, I really REALLY fucking hope they add some additional heists. I like new vehicles, guns, and shit as much as the next guy, but I need more heists man.
>>
>>321344239
Whats with this heists obsession in the gta o community ?
I want real progression in this "mmo", good matchmaking and hacker free lobbys
Focus on that and ill take a map expansion over anything else
>>
File: MINE_MINE_MINE.webm (923 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
MINE_MINE_MINE.webm
923 KB, 400x226
>>321342256
Its not fun after you figure out that all the missions are the same, kill this, steal that, etc. Where upon completion you're treated to one of 4 NPC interaction cutscenes.

Getting money is nearly impossible because every time you die no matter what mode you play, you lose a percentage of your funds. Effectively making passive mode a must and team deathmatch becomes a money sink just for going even.

The general free roam is uneventful with all the fun stuff like darts and golf locked behind a lobby screen and insane loading. The new random events they added are boring after the first time and most people don't even participate in them. The apartments have more interaction then the entire map sadly.

You cant replay any mission types you're given because when it ends you go to a screen where you have to pick from a bunch of unrelated shit. Like you wanna play team deathmatch so it gives you 6 options that consist of race types and survival shit rather than just fucking team deathmatch on different maps. Most people either vote refresh which does the same shit or go back to free roam.

Clothing is very restrictive in what can be layered, like you cant wear a tie on a vest shirt, only what they want you to wear. Cant even equip ear rings and a necklace. Hats cant even be worn on certain hairstyles like the ponytail, because they didn't bother making a separate model for it.

What personally pisses me off is how they take time and resources to add special seasonal clothing like the holiday shit atm, then they remove it all even if you bought it in game. I missed the valentines day massacre and they didn't even fucking bring it back the following year so I never got any of the clothes or items, and theyve been doing this shit with every seasonal event except they brought back Christmas this year.
>>
>Getting money is nearly impossible because every time you die no matter what mode you play, you lose a percentage of your funds. Effectively making passive mode a must and team deathmatch becomes a money sink just for going even.

So since I started with $500,000 should I just blow all that money on weapons and stuff before I lose it?
>>
>>321345603
nah niggah, bank that shit and it's untouchable. You can't lose money in the bank unless you buy stuff
>>
>>321345018
Hacker free?!? Well I hate just randomly getting one shotted and random massive structures slowing my shit down but i've been given 5 million so far in hackerbux and it is just fantastic. I hate the fact you can't just jump on get a hydra and fuck people up and get all the cool weapons and armor scattered around the map like IV. Money should be easier to get instead of grinding the same heists over and over and over.
>>
>>321339905
They took too long to get it up and running, they should have had it working by day one. Then everyone would have loved it.

By the time it was released nobody gave a fuck.
>>
File: _Vomits_Externally_.gif (241 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
_Vomits_Externally_.gif
241 KB, 480x270
>>321345665
No look, when you lose money it prioritizes cash first. The percentage you lose is at $250,000 is around $1000 so its very small. After your cash runs out you start losing it from the bank. I've seen my account leaking money everytime I respawned, but it was small enough to not notice outright.
>>
>>321342256
I dunno how it is now but when I played GTAO my biggest issue was how you can't steal people's cars, and messing with the cops in GTAV isn't as fun as it was in GTA IV
>>
>>321339905
GTA O - the only game where it rains money bags
Guys i think the gta series is the biggest pioneer in gaming
>>
>>321345216
Add the fact that rockstar are being huge cunts with PC mods
>>
>>321346091
that's pretty shit desu. Well I guess i'll just play passive mode more then
>>
>>321345603
The only time you lose money on death is when you are carrying cash and are killed in freeroam.
>>
File: 1314402113798.gif (1 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1314402113798.gif
1 MB, 500x375
>TFW the GTA online mod was shut down
>>
>>321339905
Too little too late.
>>
File: 1389928587095.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1389928587095.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
>>321345976
The only good heist was the first one. As soon as you started stealing shit that costs more than the payout, it got shit.
>>
>>321346508
I liked the heists with the hydra theft mission and the danger zone song playing , it reminds me of the gta sa vertical bird mission
Which one was it
>>
It took 2 years for them to come out. People bought GTAO for an advertised product that took so long to come out that people died waiting for it.
>>
File: 1433436839356.jpg (94 KB, 500x550) Image search: [Google]
1433436839356.jpg
94 KB, 500x550
>>321346343
Avoid team deathmatch and any kill reliant scoring modes. Single death round modes are fine, but when you have to mash X or A to respawn, avoid it like the plague. I recommend survival mode since they made it beatable with the AI no longer being tank ragdolls with auto headshotting wall hack aim.
>>
>>321344239
it took them like a year and a half to add 5 heists and they were literally just basic missions with a couple cutscenes and awful payout, I doubt thats gonna happen m8
>>
APB was a better GTA Online than GTAO.

Non-instanced missions, 100 player lobbies/servers, insane decal customization for both clothes and vehicles.
>>
File: 1346867322222.gif (169 KB, 272x200) Image search: [Google]
1346867322222.gif
169 KB, 272x200
>>321339905

>Took too long to be released
>Full of kids with no sense of teamwork
>Everything is too expensive and is therefore pay2whine
>Nobody plays anything but heists or missions
>Any PvP is dead
>Paid DLC masked as "free" updates. See: everything is too expensive

The story of GTA V is decent but after one playthrough this game goes straight into the garbage
>>
File: 07d.jpg (31 KB, 427x300) Image search: [Google]
07d.jpg
31 KB, 427x300
>>321346763
Rip yeardley diamond
>>
>>321347084

Also:

>Loading times are horrific
>Rockstar are money hungry jews, almost on the same scale as EA

GTA is the pleb game to rule all pleb games for all of the reasons I've mentioned plus reasons mentioned by others
>>
The heists drastically drop in difficulty and cooperation after Humane Labs
>>
>>321339905
>Too long to release
>Setup missions with retarded pubbies
>Heists with retarded pubbies
>Either pubbies git gud or you rage quit
>Costs of ammo and vests start to pile because of said pubbies
>>
>>321346898
yeah except both games have shit gameplay
that's what went wrong with this fucking game you fucking retards
i can't believe there is even a discussion about this when this was literally the worst game of the year when it came out and received as much attention as MGS5
>>
320,000 aprox. as the max payout for pac stan after 5 hours of work with a competant team. I can make double that grinding missions solo for 5 miserable hours. Go fuck yourself cockstar.
>>
fucking snow got old fast fuck this dumb shit fuck rockstar of david
>>
>>321347670
5's gameplay is perfectly fine.

The problem is GTAO has so many fucking loading screens, lobby issues, and every single thing besides that new bullshit they added is instanced.
>>
File: j75.jpg (10 KB, 165x190) Image search: [Google]
j75.jpg
10 KB, 165x190
>>321347920
buy a shark card friend! its easy money!
>>
>>321340317
>They hyped it up to death
>they
the fans hyped it up to death.
>>
>>321339905
Jesus I'm glad that shit's over, me and my friend had to complete it before we could unlock some cool shit.
This is how it usually went.
>Make lobby
>Some people join
>One of the guys usually fucks up or disconects(One russian guy left only because I said:"I dont speak gulag" as a joke)
>Then it's all over again, setup, invite, wait.
And only heist I enjoyed was the humane labs one. Rest were just pain in the ass.
The prison one was the worst, my friend had to doge hundreds of jets while I was taking them down with a chopper, you know who fucked up? The other half of the team, fucking always.
>>
>>321347519
Humane Labs was probably the best. I liked the Government wetwork vibe Prison Break and HLR had.
>>
I've only played the first three heists but the two 4-person ones have had terrible finales. They leave no space for innovation or sandbox-style thinking.

In the prison heist the jet AI is so bad the pilot can just fly in a literal circle behind it. Since they only spawn one at a time but spawn endlessly until the other team is ready there is zero advantage to having the demolitions guy shoot them down. Since he gets shot at by rockets if he flies too close to the prison because Rockstar can't have you doing something without their express permission, he's relegated to hovering in place. Meanwhile the prisoner and cop are told to try and be as convincing as possible but there's a scripted officer that will see right through the disguise every time. If you look up walkthroughs for that mission even they seem to assume there's a stealthier way to do it because that's what Rockstar paints it as being. Why would you try and trick your players into thinking they'd fucked up instead of having their success at getting into the prison be in their control? Why not let players that are good at stealth be rewarded by not having to go through as lengthy a shootout? Why not have anything that can go differently?

Then that Humane Lab heist. So one guy hovers a helicopter in predetermined spots while another guy shoots at people that never seem to be a threat to the guys on the ground, while the guys on the ground play an insanely basic corridor shooter. The only neat part was using the flare to signal but even that was just to justify the existence of that weapon in the mission. Why couldn't the ground team be in areas visible to the air team so the helicopter pilot could decide on the best position while the gunner would see the people he's shooting are actually in a firefight with his team mates. Why couldn't the flare be shot out of windows/skylights to signal to the helicopter where in the building the ground team currently is? Why are the finales so damn shallow?
>>
>>321348508
>perfectly fine
>perfectly
>fine
where the fuck did you come from
you know what this isn't even a redditpleb thing, how the fuck can the absolute lack of any distinguishing gameplay feature be perfectly fine? even GTA 4 is fucking better because it revolved around cover and actually aiming.
how the FUCK can you be okay with shit aiming mechanics, shit weapon sounds, shit weapon design, stupid fucking level and so on forth etc etc design? or do you just not pay attention to the games you buy and play?
fuck you
don't tell me this game is fine
>>
>>321340317
>It should have just been something you could do in the online free roam mode.
I wanted this so much
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042186811/
have planetary annihilation, KOTOR 2, spacebase DF9, and Rocket League
looking for Enemy Within, Tabletop Sim, open to offers
>>
>>321350263
wow i just completely posted this in the wrong fucking thread
>>
>>321350263
fuck off
>>
File: 1434629531281.jpg (90 KB, 716x715) Image search: [Google]
1434629531281.jpg
90 KB, 716x715
>>321350352
>>
File: 1450315706297.jpg (22 KB, 480x335) Image search: [Google]
1450315706297.jpg
22 KB, 480x335
>>321350263
>>
>>321346343
it's not true
>>
>>321339905
The only real way to earn money being heists and heists relying on four people to join the same lobby (takes forever) and no one fucking up for half an hour. Someone does, someone quits, you're back to space one after another painfully long loading screen.
>>
File: GTA family edition.gif (1 MB, 265x213) Image search: [Google]
GTA family edition.gif
1 MB, 265x213
Like all multiplayer games that require coordination it's best to have friends with mics.

Fuck randoms.
>>
>>321341547
This is so true it's not funny. Making the game open world just fell flat. By corralling players with similar interests into the same playlists they managed to tighten up the whole interface and interactivity. Racing around the airport in Fire-trucks was the best
>>
>>321340793

You do know that banks don't keep a shit load of money in their vaults, right? 1.5 million is honestly pretty excessive.
>>
>>321351336
>those drag races at the airport
>shooting the tires off your infernus and spinning off the wheels to make the car go just a tiny bit faster
>without tires you launched right off into the floating platform of cardboard boxes

fun times
>>
>>321349387

So the prison alarm triggering was scripted?

I thought I was doing something wrong this entire time.
>>
>>321352839
Seems like it, yeah. It's fucked up.
>>
>>321339905
Nothing. That is the best part of GTAO. Everything else is utter dogshit.

Only thing i dislike is the fact the you're forced to take random retards with you if you can't find 4 people.
>>
Once you see past the illusion of the money treadmill, the game's boring shit. Not to mention PC version can't make up for it's fancy graphics with script kiddies getting people banned in every lobby.
>>
Is gtao still hackerbux galore?

do they ban people for getting hackerbux?
>>
File: 1315184771770.gif (919 KB, 170x196) Image search: [Google]
1315184771770.gif
919 KB, 170x196
>>321353073

My friend got legit mad at me because I kept triggering the alarm and we ended up failing the mission over and over again.

Why would they give me this illusion?
>>
>>321354227
Because fuck you.
>>
>>321345216
If you're going to criticize the game make sure you know what the fuck you're talking about.

You lose basically nothing on death in free roam. If you're worried about $500 then you have other problems.

Free roam also has more going on now. Events + VIP work means free roam is as eventful as ever. Join a server with multiple VIP teams and you will see what I mean. You also make a ton of money from them too.

The replay missions criticism isn't even true, and hasn't been for over a year now. You always get relevant missions at the voting screen now.

Clothing is also wrong. You just need to learn how the fucking system works. You can equip ear rings and necklaces.

The holiday shit is FREE so it makes no difference when they remove it later.

Fuck, almost everything you said was complete bullshit.
>>
>>321339905
>5 minute loading screens
>if one person leaves the game restarts
>if people die twice the game restarts
>too easy to fail a mission
those loading screens killed the game for me.
>>
File: 1448721016379.gif (209 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
1448721016379.gif
209 KB, 1000x500
>>321351618
>You do know that in real life
>Real life
I would say being mutipart missions thing is alright but, the payouts are disgusting, not even enough to pay for one of those 3 million cars after a full run of all 5 heist. I mean WTF, are this big heists or convince store hold ups?
For how long and challenging they are, you would think the reward would be worth a damn. Forced 4 player missions, player dies it ends, AI laser fest, someone dies its over, someone lags out its over, shit pay, fuck you Rockstar, I aint buying a fucking shark card.
You know what GTA online needs? More heros that give out millions of dollars to players.
>>
>>321346854
>play survival map with the hangars
>cover in the red container
>never peak out, only m1
easy 30k in about 10 minutes
>>
File: ZTW2Ixh.jpg (214 KB, 608x811) Image search: [Google]
ZTW2Ixh.jpg
214 KB, 608x811
>>321357850
Rooftop Rumble use to get you that in under 5 minutes. Until they came in to fix the "economy" of GTAO and reduce payouts across the board.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.