[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is flash gaming dead? I want to waste some hours with something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: jim.gif (756 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
jim.gif
756 KB, 300x169
is flash gaming dead? I want to waste some hours with something browser based but it seems like nothing new came out since 2011
>>
tried to waste some hours with grow home but its shit
>>
Mustard Race decided they were fine with paying for half-finished flash games on Steam, so that's where we are now.
Some are even considered GOTY.
>>
Binding of Isaac is a glorified flash game.
>>
All the good devs grew up and realized they needed a job or a source of income from their games. Thats why guys like smb tomfulp and other known flashdevs quit. Welcome to the real world
>>
>>321334168
You might be talking about shitty facebook flash games. Let's say facebook killed them with the new wall posting rules.

But if you check indie games around you'll get a surprise.
>>
i still play adventure quest worlds
>>
>>321336315
wat
>>
Does anyone know what happened with Newgrounds?
It's full of obnoxious ads now, and i use Adblock, how they still appear?
>>
>>321334798
This.

I didn't realise this until cartoon network realised that piss shit powerpuff girl game on steam.
>>
play this

http://gorillaz.com/g-player/games/tiles-of-the-unexpected
>>
>>321337242
>Try updating your drivers :^)
>>
>>321334168
>is flash dead
More and more every day, luckily.
>>
>>321337242
>Adblock
You're getting screwed over by your add-on, that's what's happening.

Just use NoScript and stop being lazy, start to actually understand what shit websites are running.
>>
>>321338923

you probably don't know shit about javascript or jquery faggot
>>
>>321339067
Wigga, I'm a web developer.

But that wasn't my point anyway.
>>
>>321334168
I had the same urge a while ago, and when I checked out some flash games they ALL had fucking microtransations in them.
It saddened me to see that scourge had spread.
>>
>>321334168
They could save themselves by making the SDK free. Just sayin
>>
>>321334168
Give a try to Road of the Dead 2. It's a pretty decent game for something made on flash. You can finish it up on 3 hours if you are good enough

Tips: Upgrade price perk once
Buy Cocceta's M60
Try to lower the price till tier 3
Upgrade engine mostly and fast level up

Honorable mentions:
Necronator 2
Knightfall
Raze 3
Strike Force Heroes 2
Armor mayhem
Echoes Operation
The Last Stand: Union City
Decision 1 and 2
City Siege Series

there are a lot more I could recommend if I remembered.
>>
>>321336486
I tried out regular Adventure Quest again a while ago, I swear everything looks exactly the same as it was 8 years ago.
I don't think they've updated it in years, yet they still keep the servers up for some reason.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
No-One Has To Die is so fucking good if you haven't played it yet, OP.

Besides 999 and VLR, does anyone know of any games like this?
>>
>>321339904
>No-One Has To Die is so fucking good
no it's not
it's barely a game, and the story is shitty by any standard other than gamers that haven't read a book in ages
>>
>>321340098
C'mon anon, this isn't middle school. Support your claims.
>>
>>321340256
The """gameplay""" consists of a handful of puzzles that take less than a second to think and beat.
>>
>>321340256
>implying >>321339904
made any supporting claims
>>
Why make something for free when you can make something for early access?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.