[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello friends. I have enough left over disposable income for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1450741325864.png (452 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
1450741325864.png
452 KB, 878x900
Hello friends.

I have enough left over disposable income for christmas to buy myself an Xbone if I really wanted.

I need to hear it from people who own the godforsaken cable box. Is it worth it if the only games I'm interested in are Killer Insinct, Scalebound, and slightly Titanfall but only because big mechs?

I know KI and titanfall are on PC, but my PC is a potato and I would rather not spend a heaping sum of money on a PC that can run a select few games I'm interested in.

Oh, also how is Halo 5's multiplayer? Surely they can't have fucked up as bad as 4.
>>
I should also mention I already own a PS4 and Wii-U in case there are people wanting to say "Buy x instead"
>>
File: 1414360174048.png (50 KB, 900x1151) Image search: [Google]
1414360174048.png
50 KB, 900x1151
>>321332482
>2 minute rant from leia to han about how women are just as good as men and how han "never respected that"
>random aliens keep giving rey shit "because she's a woman" and are immediately BTFO to get the idea of gurrrrrl powah across
>finn, a literal stormtrooper with literally no lightsaber training manages to BTFO a fully trained bonafide SITH LORD in a saber duel
Fuck Force Awakens.
>>
Don't come to /v/ for vidya advice.
>>
>>321333442
Kylo Ren isn't a Sith Lord.

He's like a step below a Padawan.
>>
>>321333442
Did we watch the same film?
Finn lost so hard he got put into a fucking coma. How did he BTFO of anyone?
>>
>>321333442
>Shit that never happened
>Shit that never happened
>Actual valid complaint
Fuck off faggot
Kylo Ren is just a bitch, Finn would have lost to Snoke or Vader
>>
>>321333792
>valid
No shit Finn would've lost to Snoke or Vader. He fucking lost to Kylo.
>>
>>321334005
Sorry, you're right, I forgot the second half of the battle.
Honestly though Rey shouldn't have won, either. It ahpuld have been a draw. She should have lost her hand or something in exchange for fucking Kylo's face up
>>
>>321334270
Not him but in fairness Kylo had taken a few cuts from Finn and had been nailed in the chest by Chewie's Bowcaster beforehand. Things were definitely stacked in Rey's favor from the getgo.
>>
>>321332482
I have xbone my wife bought me over the summer. I've actually quite liked it so far. Titanfall community is still going strong apparently. KI season 1 is next month's game with gold so no need to buy it, if you really like it you can buy season 2 characters individually or in a pack. My most hype game is definitely Scalebound so looking forward to that for sure. As for Halo, it's not Halo anymore but it's not CoD either like people like to say. It's really it's own thing, has it's pros and cons and it's okay to casually jump into every now and then. Forgot to mention, Titanfall Deluxe is like 5 bucks right now on the xbox store if you do end up choosing to get the xbone.

Live still beats PSN as far as connectivity issues go, and interface to me is far better than it started out. Overall, if you want the exclusives, there are some out now and more on the way, I'd say go for it.
>>
>>321333442
>finn btfo'd ren

confirmed for not having watched it
>>
I want Finn to be a Jedi, too, damnit, blasters are fucking lame.
>>
>>321333792
Kylo was heavily wounded and didn't really give a shit about the fight until Finn actually got a hit in
>>
>>321334464
This. Titanfall is one of my favourite purchases.

it probably helps that I'm pretty good at it.
>>
>>321332482
>tfw the new movie will have a charlie and the chocolate factory vibe to it
>Our first scene with her is with storm troopers fishing her out of the trash compactor
>When we next see her she is long, tall, gangly and led out by each hand with storm troopers.
>>
>>321332482

Isn't Killer Instinct coming to PC? Wouldn't be surprised if Scalebound does at some point as well.
>>
>>321333442

Literally none of those things happened.

TFA had flaws to be sure but seems like the people who are most shitting on it are /pol/fags and delusional prequel-lovers.
>>
>>321335291
Hey, don't lump people that liked the prequels in with /pol/tards, TFA is my second favorite Star Wars movie.
Even though the only prequel I liked was Sith
>>
>>321332482
consider the following:
- PS4 has every other fighting game. Street Fighter 5 being amongst them, exclusive to PS4 if PC isn't an option to you
-Titanfall has no legs, gets boring fast. And the sequel will be multiplat (PS4 also)

Probability of random mech games is also higher on the PS4, as it has the most Nippon support by far, and next Kojima game will be PS4 exclusives, since PC isn't an option for you, and he's giving signals it'll be mech related
>>
>>321332482
Owner since Christmas of 2014.
>Is it worth it if the only games I'm interested in are Killer Insinct, Scalebound, and slightly Titanfall but only because big mechs?
I'm a bit biased since I love KI and Platinum with my heart and soul, but yes.
>also how is Halo 5's multiplayer?
Best in the series, if not equal to 2. Just don't touch the story, it's absolute dogtrash.
>>
>>321332482
KI is fun‚ very few people are still playing Titanfall online‚ and Scalebound isn't out yet.
Halo 5 is the game that 4 should have been. It is superior in almost every aspect.
>>
>>321335515

I'm just getting sick of them, the nostalgia is just so blatant it's hilarious. Especially considering that everyone was shitting on the prequels before TFA came out (and for good reason). Now suddenly the prequels were god's gift to man, or at least they "tried", or at least they weren't cash-grabs (lol).

It's new release syndrome, I know. /v/ goes through the same shit with new games in established franchises.
>>
>>321335520
Have you played KI, man? SFV is better as a whole (although that's only based off of three betas), but I think that KI has gotten a lot of love from the devs, and it's the most balanced fightan I've ever played. The first season is "free" with Gold in a week, too.
>>
File: 1436347602971.gif (46 KB, 248x244) Image search: [Google]
1436347602971.gif
46 KB, 248x244
>>321335084
>>321335084
>>321335084
seriously, this gets glossed over? I cant be the only one with this fetish
>>
File: raughs.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
raughs.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
I wasn't expecting much from Phasma when I went to see the film, and I'm glad I didn't.

>into the trash you go
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.