[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dark Souls is hard on your first playthrough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: sad.jpg (27 KB, 298x295) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
27 KB, 298x295
>Dark Souls is hard on your first playthrough
>>
It is until around Sen's Fortress
>>
Dumb frogposter.
>>
When is Dark Souls 1 meant to get hard? First playthrough and i'm just wrecking everything

Longsword +5 and wanderer gear. I'm in the blighttown (I think, the area where the ground poison you).

>killed the scorpian thing with the trident that shooting lightening (enterence to the forest bit)
>rekt some green moth boss thing first try
>rekt this "capra" thing first try (he kept getting glithced whenever I went up the stairs)
>rekt the gargoyles second try (only because I didn't know my shield could block their flames)
>rekt this wierd as fuck monster in the sewers, it was huge looked like a lovecraft thing (pic related).

Game is easy as fucking shit bro
>>
File: 2015-12-24_00010.jpg (405 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-24_00010.jpg
405 KB, 1920x1080
>>321331434

Forgot picture
>>
>>321331434
Here is your reply.
>>
>>321331434
Sen fortress is the first difficulty spike, that comes after you finish whatever you are doing in blight town.
>>
File: 1450030987148.jpg (13 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
1450030987148.jpg
13 KB, 612x380
Upon replaying this game I find it's not very good.

>too much focus on weapons and build over mechanical skill and gameplay
>too slow, too much delay when rolling or attacking (seriously there's like a 500ms delay for rolling)
>really only caters to people who know the ins and outs of the game and specific builds, enemy weaknesses regardless of those players' actual skill
>trying to fit everything into one interconnected world makes it convoluted and confusing, it's often unclear where you need to go and what you need to do
>many of the key mechanics are poorly explained (lordvessel, upgrading estus, kindling bonfires, pardoning, etc)
>key characters for vital weapons, armor, pyro, miracles, and sorceries are a pain to find and severely limit your options and hamper the game experience
>worlds often feel empty and sterile (Anor Londo castle, Duke's Archives, Ash Lake, Lost Izalith, etc)
>many bosses are underwhelming or poorly designed (Ornstein&Smough, Priscilla, Capra Demon, Quelaag, Pinwheel, Seath, Taurus Demon, Ceaseless Discharge, bed of chaos)
>Hitboxes and i-frames are inconsistent
>game rewards simply running past enemies and rushing bosses over tactical play
>many mechanics are unfair the first time (mimic chest, seath the scaleless, Stray Demon floor collapsing, Anor Londo castle archers, bonfire at Sen's)

Overall, it's a mediocre game that is overhyped to hell.

And before anyone says "git gud" I have the platinum in all three souls games and have completed DMC1-4 on DMD as well as NGB, NGS, and NGS2 on MNM, as well most platinumshit games on their highest difficulties with max rank.

This is not an issue of difficulty.
>>
>>321331434
You're gonna get fucked by beanpole and fatman, lad
>>
It's moreso annoying and tedious on the first playthrough, I wouldn't say "hard" or "difficult."

And that is of course if you go into the game completely blind, actually blind and not, "oh i saw this specific part in a video so i know its here and it just happens to be somewhat useful, but really this is still blind haha" and not, "this is totally blind, i cant wait to fight all of these bosses iv read countless forum posts about in detail explaining other people's run ins with said bosses and have inadvertently picked up tips and hints whether i realized it at the time or not because im a fucking idiot"

Actually blind. If you go in COMPLETELY blind, Dark Souls is tedious and unforgiving in some of the early portions when you are actually learning how attacking and combat works, learning a few sets of animation cues during combat, etc.

Once you learn that stuff, unless you are terrible at playing video games, nothing is hard.
>>
>>321331249

It was hard until about like 3 hours in.

I listened to these tales of how so fucking hard Dark Souls was, then once I got it I got like 3 hours in before I realised that having just a modicum of situational awareness completely invalidated any difficulty the game had.
>>
>>321331434
>>rekt the gargoyles second try (only because I didn't know my shield could block their flames)
Wasn't it the third time?
>>
I don't care what anyone says, Capra Demon is a huge faggot your first time playing.

If you don't know he is coming and don't know what to do to avoid getting destroyed, Capra Demon is a serious pain in the ass.
>>
File: 1296217757024.gif (2 MB, 357x308) Image search: [Google]
1296217757024.gif
2 MB, 357x308
>tfw doing O&S solo because you don't know how to summon
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.