[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this and its sequels worth playing? I am able to overlook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Gothiccover.png (127 KB, 315x400) Image search: [Google]
Gothiccover.png
127 KB, 315x400
Is this and its sequels worth playing? I am able to overlook clunky gameplay and dated graphics if the story elements make up for it, is that the case here?
>>
The story is forgettable, but the living, believable world is worth exploring. At least in Gothic 2, I don't remember much about the first one.
>>
My personal top 3 game amongst Deus Ex and Sacrifice.

Play 1 and 2 + Add-on. Pretend the rest doesn't exist.
>>
>>321331575
Pretty much what this guy said. It's not about the endgoal, more like how you play and the memorable characters. The map isn't as big as morrowind for example but it's filled with detail, it's hard as balls and unforgiving until you learn how to use shit and the voice acting was fucking great. At least the gemran one, never played it in english.
>>
>>321331213
Short answer: Yes
>>
>>321331957
Oh man, once you learn how to play it, it becomes so easy.
>>
>>321332254
I'd say the beginning of 2 with night of the raven is still fucking brutal, even if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>321332404
Yeah, that's true. But you can more or less clear the world in Ch. 1 if you want to.
>>
>>321331213
Dude, you can walk in a store, pick up some stuff from a shelf and the owner is gonna kick your ass. Best game. The npcs have an actual every day cycle of stuff they do, it's pretty cool
>>
Aside from really weird control scheme it is one of the better RPGs.Also this how oblivion NPCS should have been instead of disaster that we got
>>
>>321331213

controlls are fucked in gothic 1 but you can get used to them and won't notice how shit they are anymore. You'll be rewarded with one of the most atmospheric games ever made. Gothic 1 and 2 (+ expansion) belong to the best of the best rpg's ever made.
>>
>>321334095
Gothic 1 might be in my Top 3 personal favs.
>>
I just started Gothic 2 with Night of the Raven and I'm slowly making my way around the world and figuring out what I can and can't fight. I'm loving it, I wish the game was more stable for me though, can't play for very long without the textures or models fucking up.
>>
>I am able to overlook gameplay in a videogame

Kill yourself.
>>
How do you guys feel about Risen?
>>
>>321331213

I only played the first one, but it was awesome. Replayed it a few years ago.

IIRC I used widescreengamingforum tool to set res and forced settings in video drivers to make it look pretty decent.

I think there were some other community patches or tweaks or something, but its been a while.

Controls are a little awkward but you get used to it.
>>
Is it even possible to play a pure mage in NotR?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.