[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /v/, since we're already reaching the graphics/performance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 7.bmp.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
7.bmp.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1080
So /v/, since we're already reaching the graphics/performance ceiling of current gen consoles, when do you think the PS5/Xbox Two will release?
My bet is in the 2017-2019 range.
Pic semi-related.
>>
>>321330435
That's not really the fourth game is it? It looks like a PS3 game.
>>
>>321331068
Had to make some sacrifices to get that 900p_60.
>>
>>321331068
It's the MP which is 60FPS so the graphics are worse
>>
>>321331235
But MGSV is 1080p60 and looks way better.
>>
>>321332119
That's because it's on the Fox Engineā„¢
>>
>>321333320
The engine that no one will ever use again.
>>
>>321333458
It was too good for our sinful world.
>>
>>321333857
Ehh, frankly, it wasn't that impressive.
UE4 produces better visuals with similar performance.
>>
>>321330435
>2017

Fuck Man I literally just bought a PS4.
>>
>>321334053
Welcome to consoles pre-gen 7.
The WiiU is already about to be replaced after 4 years (assuming a late 2016 launch).
>>
>>321333954
UE4 also relies on baked lighting and static cubemap reflections. Fox Engine is entirely dynamic with lightprobes and reflections being updated for time of day effects.

UE4 doesn't run so well when you're using it's dynamic lighting features but it runs like a dream otherwise.
>>
>>321334321
>and reflections being updated for time of day effects.
Never noticed anything like that in MGSV.
>>
>>321334156
But the Wii U was stillborn
>>
>>321330435
I'd actually be pretty pleased for a 2020 release. Console generations shouldn't be a fucking decade long, that's bad for everyone.
>>
>>321334381
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbxzTUuSg

See about 100 min in. They render a light probe/reflection probe for each hour in the day and interpolate between them.
>>
>>321334904
>I'd actually be pretty pleased for a 2020 release.

>A 7 year cycle
>Roughly as long as last gen
What?
>>
>>321335126
I guess 2018 wouldn't hurt. I'd say anything under 5 years is pure jewery, and over 7 is milking the fuck out of it.
>>
>>321335106
>>321334321
The problem with Fox Engine is that the asset quality in the game's it's been in have always been average at best.
Not to mention, MGSV/GZ has pretty mediocre shadowing.
>>
>>321334904
Problem is it takes them nearly a decade to build up a proper library. Consoles are just bad for everybody.
>>
>>321335352
I....wow I actually agree with someone on /v/ for once.
>>
>>321335958
Didn't used to be that way. The boom in gaming popularity following the 360 and PS3 brought in millions of multi-plat loving newbies who don't care if a system has a good exclusive library or not, and it doesn't matter now since they don't need exclusives to sell consoles anymore.

So people who want a good exclusive library and PC fats get fucked alike. I don't, and never have cared for multiplats, I play like 2 per generation that I actually like. System should have launched with at least 5 exclusives.

I mean, fuck, I got several exclusives with my Xbox Hueg for Christmas a decade ago, and it had just come out. The only company who really gets the purpose of a console right now is Nintendo, and they have their own problems that render it pointless.
>>
>>321336480
I don't care if a game is exclusive or not, consoles just don't have very large libraries until late in the cycle. PS2 is an exception, but even it's predecessor took nearly five years to finally have a good lineup.
>>
>>321337535
Eh, IDK how many I'm actually going to have time to play. I didn't even play all of the original Xbox's exclusives, and it didn't have that many compared to Nintendo and Sony at the time. PS4/Xbone don't have enough but at a certain point, I won't be able to play them all anyway.

Shit my Steam library is mostly unplayed and it's a fraction the size of most of /v/'s that get posted. And I play shit daily.
>>
>>321330435
Nice thread, PCshit.
>>
>>321339042
Counter-sage
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.