[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There will never be a DC vs Marvel fighting game ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Look at Spiderman.jpg (75 KB, 960x420) Image search: [Google]
Look at Spiderman.jpg
75 KB, 960x420
>There will never be a DC vs Marvel fighting game ever
>>
Most DC heroes are overpowered as fuck and most Marvel heroes are batman level heroes except without being able to beat anyone with preptime.

Hulk would survive the DC universe just fine, and maybe Thor.

However everyone else would just get wrecked.

Thats not to say DC is better than Marvel or the other way around, it's just like comparing Star Trek to Warhammer 40k.
>>
Reminder that in every crossover made, DC has two stipulations for Marvel:

1. Batman cannot lose to any one Marvel hero
2. Superman cannot lose to any one Marvel hero

Other than that, everything is fair game. But THIS is probably why you won't ever see a crossover game.
>>
File: superman breathes in space1.jpg (106 KB, 490x540) Image search: [Google]
superman breathes in space1.jpg
106 KB, 490x540
>>321309902
But batman can lose to mortal kombat heroes?

Thats silly.

Though, I suppose its canon. I really can't think of a marvel hero who can beat supes.
>>
NEVER put a pint on the table
>>
>>321310082
>>321309902
Wait.

Doctor Strange would probably wreck his day.
>>
>>321310082
In one of the crossovers, Superman and Thor go toe to toe and Superman says, after beating him, that "he was possibly my greatest foe yet, I just barely won!"

So in a sort-of canon, Thor and Supes are about the same power level.

>>321310193
And this is probably not true. Superman isn't WEAK to magic, it just affects him like everyone else is affected. And I'm pretty sure Stephen Strange would be affected by a light-speed punch to the face by someone who can bench-press the weight of the Earth for DAYS on end.
>>
>>321310338
Does Strange know za warud- I mean, time magic?

That is pretty much something that would ruin superman's day.
>stop time
>conjure fireball x 50
>resume time
>>
>>321310569
Well, if you want to do this in D&D 3.5 terms:

Superman can travel at light speed. Magic requires finger movement and spoken word to activate, unless the feats Silent Spell and Still Spell are taken - and even then, there is a cast time of six seconds per round. Strange DOES know time magic, but if he can't get that initial spell off, he's fucked.

In the time it would take for Stephen Strange to cast a spell, Superman could fly up, rip off his head, and shove his cock directly into the throat from the torn-off side - if he wanted to.

But he doesn't want to. That's the whole point.

Also a reminder that Superman eventually becomes a literal god in DC canon.

But that's really the problem with all this, you know? The way we measure power levels is so goddamn arbitrary none of it makes a lot of sense. We try to apply numbers to a fiction that literally adjusts a person's power level depending on what's going on around them rather than keep it stringent.

It's all bupkiss.
>>
>>321311148
But doesnt strange attack people instantly in MVC3?

Also, hes not literal god, thats "The Presence".
>>
>>321309252
>there will never be another marvel/DC crossover, period

fuck Quesada I wish that fat fuck would just roll over and die for fucking this up. (along with everything else)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.