[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ shits on Bethesda and Ubisoft for recycling assets from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
File: majorasmask.jpg (254 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
majorasmask.jpg
254 KB, 1280x720
>/v/ shits on Bethesda and Ubisoft for recycling assets from previous games
>Zelda:MM recycles all of the OOT assets, while being 5 times shorter and having practically no original production besides masks (so, skins)
>BEST GAME EVER DUDE LMAO
Hypocrisy?
>>
>>321302638
You are now aware that plenty of people here hate MM and Zelda in general.

I really enjoyed it on 3ds
>>
>>321302638

You weren't even here when it came out obviously. /v/ fucking hated that shit because they changed certain things that just made the game more fun. They also added a hand holding "feature" that you can't turn off.
>>
>>321303006
he isn't talking about the remake, he is talking about the original game
>>
>>321302638
There is a lesson here. Its okay to reuse assets if you make a good game out of them.

Those other games are only getting attacked because they suck anyway. If Bethesda and Ubisoft used original assets the games would still be fucking horseshit.
>>
Majora's Mask is absolutely nothing like OOT besides reusing assets though.

Literally every single other 3d Zelda game is closer to OOT mechanically then MM is.

>>321303006
see
>>321303187
And overall i'd say the 3d version is on par with the original, it make some stuff better and makes some stuff worse.
>>
>>321303006
The Sheikah stones that are completely ignorable?
>>
>>321302638
My only complaint was why in the fuck isnt there a Hero mode

Everything else I understand why they changed it. I'm not some spergtard faggot like half of /v/ who goes postal on the autism scale when outdated mechanics are done away with.

But no Hero mode is complete fucking horseshit. Just adjust the fucking damage values and remove hearts from dungeons. How hard could that be Nintendo?
>>
Even re-using most of its assets, it still felt totally different. The minor NPC models from OoT were made into more important side quests in MM. The environments in Termina were very different than Hyrule's.
>>
Characters were reused but repurposed. It wasn't insulting like with Fallout because there was a shorter time between OoT and MM vs FO3/4 and it was the same generation.

If WW used MM assets you'd have a point
>>
>>321303309
It looks and controls exactly the same. So beyond those two things how is it different
>>
>>321303309
All of the vitiriol over the 3DS version makes no sense to me. They're not that different.

What confuses me the most is that all of the whiny faggots with inflammatory hyperbole are usually on the side of the 3DS version and shitting on the original.

You'd think it'd be the other way around.
>>
>>321302638
>>/v/ shits on Bethesda and Ubisoft for recycling assets from previous games

>New Vegas is considered to be one of the best Fallout games on /v/

Fuck off shitposter
>>
>>321303725
>transformation masks
>time mechanic
>side-quests
>>
MM was made under a year though

and started as a Master Quest type thing
>>
>>321302638
>5 times shorter
Nigger what? I could beat OoT in like an afternoon and I'm not claiming to be some hardcore gamurrrr
>>
>>321303725
this guy sums it up nicely >>321304027

its also a better game than OOT
>>
File: IMG_25450424195998.jpg (30 KB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
IMG_25450424195998.jpg
30 KB, 480x358
Excuse me, but did you just compare a ZELDA game to a Bethesda game?

And the sequel to OCARINA OF TIME no less?

Yeah, why should a developer reuse assets from the greatest game of all time too fuel its sequel that is better than any game that had come since?

Beeeeeeaaaaats me.
>>
>>321304027
>transformation masks
Apart from three masks everything else is cosmetics required to do some asinine sidequest
>time mechanic
Fancy word from "Save&Quit"
>side-quests
A buttload of talking about shit nobody cares about,while updating the journal. Lets not pretend this crap is content.
>but muh sob stories
Read a book nigger
>>
>>321303603
>played through MM before I played through OoT as a kid
>always referred to the npc's by their MM names cuz they actually had personality
>>
IT'S OK WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT
>>
>>321304972
So you didnt like it, its still not an OOT clone. Done with this thread.
>>
>>321304972
>A buttload of talking about shit nobody cares about,while updating the journal. Lets not pretend this crap is content
That's a flat out lie. No one reply to this faggot anymore please
>>
>>321302638
Yes, but MM reused assets and made the game looks different while no one can differentiate anything Bethesda/Ubisoft does.
>>
>>321304972
>three
four, five with the bunnyhood, and dont go throwing that out the window because it adds alot to the game
>talking about things no one cares about
what is world building
>Save & quit
I dont agree with the changeup in the remake, the old mechanic used as a proper time reset with minimal control gave it more purpose
>read a book
we're talking about fucking Zelda and its own innovations here
>>
>>321304972
Gr8 b8 m8.

I r8 8/8
>>
Wasn't Majora's Mask born because some jap dude told Miyamoto his game was shit and that he could make a better one and the people at nintendo just said "Alright, why the fuck not. Have the assets?"
>>
>>321302638
>/v/ liked MM when it came out
>Almost your whole post is false

Your new is showing, lurk at least 5 more years before posting faggot.
>>
>>321305137
Some side quests are really well done like the Kafei one
>>
>>321305382
Miyamoto wanted to make what was basically Master Quest for OoT, and Aonuma who was the dungeon designer went "we should just make a new game," so Miyamoto told him to put it together in a year.

Then Aonuma fucked around for a month because he's clueless, so Miyamoto brought in Koizumi, and that's how Majora's Mask was made.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQMD4XudxoE

The reason I played Majoras mask
>>
This just in. People who play games are giant hypocritical whiny babies, more news at decades ago.
>>
>>321303835
>You'd think it'd be the other way around

Nintendrones are cannibals

They'll eat each other just to defend the current practice done by their overlord corporation.
>>
>>321304972
>Let's not pretend this crap is content.
>"IF IT'S CONTENT BUT I DON'T LIKE IT IT'S NOT CONTENT!! I AM THE KING OF WHAT IS CONTENT!! ARGLEBARGLE!!"
>>
File: MM_fans_are_cancer2.png (16 KB, 904x271) Image search: [Google]
MM_fans_are_cancer2.png
16 KB, 904x271
majora's mask is the fedora of the zelda franchise
>>
you made this exact same thread last night about OoT.

maybe you just don't like nintendo 64 games. that's fine. but don't try to convince us that our enjoyment of them is somehow invalid because you can't share it.
>>
Anon, it's not about re-using assets.
It's about re-using mechanics to the point that it's just the same fucking game with a different map plastered onto it.
>>
>>321308004
fuck, why is koizumi so based? he should be running zelda
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 374x347) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 374x347
>>321303589
>Hero mode
>wanting pointless difficulty adjustment when the world and character arcs were what made MM fun

But why?
>>
>>321310665
Because Miyamoto cares about Mario more than Zelda, so he put his best man on the job.

Only his best man is like a film school graduate whose storytelling aptitude is wasted on an Italian plumber saving a princess, who basically went into story withdrawal and had to sneak in a sideplot about losing loved ones into a fucking Mario game to get his fix.
>>
>>321309991
Whereas Wind Waker is the lensless glasses.
>>
>>321309991
Agreed. Just like saying Mega Man 2 is the best, when we all know it is 3.
>>
>>321302638
Majora's Mask is an actual good game.

Everything Bethesda and Ubisoft put out is fucking garbage.
>>
>>321303006
/v/ wasn't around when MM came out. Fuck off, idiot.
>>
>>321303603
>>321304250
>>321304597

Stop droning
>>
>>321302638
That's because MM reused those assets so it could be made in like a year for a much lower budget and basically make a niche product. It allowed Nintendo to take some creative risks with it like completely altering the structure and making a much darker, deeper story, while WW was still in development.

This isn't like if SS reused TP assets or something.
>>
>Majora's Mask
>made in one year
>has interesting side quests and a much more thought out world along with unique mechanics

>Fallout 4
>made in 7 years
>essentially just a slightly better looking Fallout 3

There's the difference.
>>
>>321303725
The time mechanic that means you have to actually manage your time effectively and either memorize NPC routines or get the Bomber's notebook.

The huge focus on story-oriented sidequests rather than dungeon-crawling.

Transformation masks that mix up the gameplay a fair bit.

Story unlike anything before or since in Zelda.
>>
>>321309991
I don't get the point of this.That MM is less popular?
>>
>>321311642
>Story unlike anything before or since in Zelda.
>deku dude dies, you become his dopplegaenger
>zora dude dies, you become his dopplegaenger
>goron dude dies, you become his dopplegaenger
>characters just fucking dying left and right
>everyone lives the same 3 days over and over again culminating in their unavoidable deaths until that one time you beat the game and everyone stops dying
>Kafei/Anju subquest literally promotes pedophila by having a child marry an adult woman

"death" is not a fucking story, i'm sorry.
>>
File: tips fedora.png (418 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.png
418 KB, 479x720
>>321311796
MM is less popular and not very good, yet there are some people who go around saying it's the best game in the series.

MM fans are basically pic related.
>>
>>321312061
>"death" is not a fucking story, i'm sorry
says you
>>
>>321312061
only one person actually dies in the game IIRC, the zora, everyone else is already dead by the time you arrive.

it seems like you haven't actually played the game.
>>
>>321312458
>splitting hairs over the chronological tense of a word
just fuck off
>>
>>321312163
So by that same logic, league of legends and Call of Duty are the best games ever made.
>>
>>321312163
Being less popular doesn't mean it's not as good. It's less popular because it's weird, it came out after the definitive Zelda N64 game and was a lot darker and more different, which would have turned a lot of people off and is a key reason why it's such a divisive game.
>>
>>321313262
>because it's weird
>a lot darker and more different
aka shit

the problem isn't even that it was shit. the problem is that they remade it despite knowing it was shit and now theres universal proof it's shit cause the remake sold as poorly as the original, which were shit sales compared to OoT despite marketed on the fact of being a direct sequel to OoT.

it's not a good game. it certainly doesn't come close to being as good as OoT let alone better than OoT.
>>
File: into_the_trash_it_goes.jpg (131 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
into_the_trash_it_goes.jpg
131 KB, 600x400
>>321314204
>remake OoT for 3DS
>have that engine
>we could have had a brand new 3DS zelda game in the gameplay fashion of OoT
>could have sold immensely well

>remake a guaranteed poor selling game instead
>>
>>321302638
/v/ is one person. Forever and always.
>>
>>321314204
>my opinion is fact

You don't like MM fine it's not everyone's cup of tea but stop spitting bullshit to justify your autism.
>>
>>321314204
>being different makes it shit
Ok
>>
>>321314685
having poor sales made it shit. being different in the way it was different is what made it have poor sales. therefore, being different in the way it was different made it shit.
>>
File: CUCDLcSVEAEZ1__.png large.png (496 KB, 702x540) Image search: [Google]
CUCDLcSVEAEZ1__.png large.png
496 KB, 702x540
>>321314851
>>
>>321302638
It's okay to recycle asses if you make a good game.
But if you're making a shitty game, at least put some effort in and make new assets for the shitty game. Also there is a huge difference between recycling actual assets and recycling the whole game, removing some of the good parts and slapping on different textures which is basically every Bethesda game.
>>
Ubisoft hasn't made a good game in like 15 years.
>>
>>321311486
>essentially just a slightly better looking Fallout 3
Still a whole staircase down from NV.
>>
>>321315269
But anon Chaos Theory came out in 2005
>>
>>321302638
They reused the assets but also made a completely different game.
Not only does the world look like some kind of weird dream-version of OoT but it also feels completely different with the masks, time mechanic and sidequests.

>>321303562
They stick out though. They are a bit annoying.
I'm not happy with the changes they made in the remakes but at least they're all minor stuff.
Maybe except for the fast swimming and those stupid eyes
>>
>>321309991
>sales make a game better
>>
>>321311156
>Stop proving me wrong
>>
File: Dinolfos.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dinolfos.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>>321302638
Don't you mean it reused SOME of the assets? Other that sound effects and character and enemy models, I can't think of anything that really stands out. Even some of the returning enemies like Dinolfos were given a different model.
>>
File: 1450539342050.jpg (140 KB, 1248x830) Image search: [Google]
1450539342050.jpg
140 KB, 1248x830
>>321318476
>videogames are products
>products need sales for profit
>own product x sells twice as much as own product y
>clearly no demand for product y and half the people who used product y would much rather just use product x
>product y is clearly not very good
>make product x+, sells half as well as product x
>given the choice between starting development of product z or starting development of product y+, given that product y sold half as well as product x and product x+ sold half as well as product x therefore product y+ will sell half as well as product y; choose to fund product y+ instead
>being so much of a shit cuck company that guaranteed shitty sales of product y+ are more desirable than potentially great sales of product z
>>
>>321305128
mechanically and thematically dungeons and gameplay are completely identical. Cry more.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.