[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw TC never Feels pretty bad man.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: tits.jpg (97 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
tits.jpg
97 KB, 600x338
>tfw TC never
Feels pretty bad man.
>>
Just play any of the millions of other boring, generic JRPGs out there.

I'm sure there's some other obscure and mediocre series that never managed to get translated that you shitters can get overly hyped about and pretend it's fantastic for the next year or so.
>>
>>321297031
Fuck that i want Zero and Ao more then TC
>>
File: 1429811621537.png (166 KB, 452x505) Image search: [Google]
1429811621537.png
166 KB, 452x505
>>321297319
>he doesn't like TiTS
>>
File: 1.png (64 KB, 429x103) Image search: [Google]
1.png
64 KB, 429x103
>>321297372

Gave it a shot, bro. Game is boring as fuck.
>>
I really wanna try these games but I keep hearing so many mixed things about them. And goddamn it's 40 bucks for both, like what the hell.
>>
>>321297495

u ok bud
>>
I've heard people tell me that I'd love this because my favorite series of all time is Suikoden and I've been wanting an rpg series that illicits memories of that for a long time now. Is this true? Will this series give the same kind of experience in terms of story and worldbuilding that Suikoden does?
>>
>>321297607

If you don't mind the first game being pretty slowly paced, they're charming as hell. The tone is very reminiscent of something like Lunar or Grandia, a mellow adventure story
>>
>>321297809
>Grandia

You struck me right on my weak point. But still, 40 bucks, maybe next year.

How's the gameplay, by the way? One thing I loved about Grandia I and II was that they had excellent combat that remained fun through the game, most other popular JRPGs I've played (many FFs, Earthbound, etc.) become boring as hell once you're at the 20th hour mark still doing the same basic attack rotations over and over.
>>
>>321298330
Why not just grab the first one while it's on sale and try that?
>>
>>321298859
Doesn't it end in a cliffhanger? I don't wanna get blueballed until the second one has a decent sale; besides, if I wait, I'll probably be able to get both for the price the first one is selling for now. And I'm still not convinced on the gameplay, see worryingly little mention of it.

I'll just put it on my wishlist and check back in a year.
>>
A game that came out in 2006 was localized in 2014. How come they didn't localize the latest games that might get more hype around the series then localize the older games after that?
>>
>>321299528
They did localize the latest games.
>>
>>321297735
Suikoden is also my favorite series. If you like those games you'll like the trails games also. Lots of world lore and politics like the suikoden games. Still waiting for a new suikoden though ha.
>>
>>321297495

Had to take mouthwash again because of how contagious your shit taste was
>>
>>321298330
TitS is good in spite of the gameplay, not because of it. The battle system is really quite boring. It's a lot slower than Grandia's too.
>>
File: 1448301694657.jpg (37 KB, 400x447) Image search: [Google]
1448301694657.jpg
37 KB, 400x447
>>321300215
Well, that really puts me off.
>>
>>321299891
Well the latest one was just released a few days ago, and not until after they did chapters one and two of VI while skipping VII. I get that the first game was a lot to translate and localize, but I don't think any other JPRG has taken 5 years of continuous work to localize regardless of the localization team size. And then we didn't get the second chapter until 9 years after it was released. They didn't age too well, either.
>>
>>321299352

it ends in a bit of a cliffhanger but you have like 50 hours or more of content in fc, if you were to jump right into sc you'd get burnt out
>>
File: 8f8515b6.jpg (72 KB, 515x440) Image search: [Google]
8f8515b6.jpg
72 KB, 515x440
>tfw my mom bought me the Estelle Nendo for Christmas
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.