[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best game featuring aliens?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: latest[1].jpg (34 KB, 400x385) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
34 KB, 400x385
What is the best game featuring aliens?
>>
ayy lmao
>>
Destroy All Humans
>>
>>321292720
Destroy all humans is pretty fun.
>>
You've got a few Xcom games to reinstall /v/
>>
Xcom
>>
Destroy all humans 2
>>
eyy 1mao
>>
ayy
>>
>>321292771
>>321292791
>>321292846
destroy all humans needs a reboot, it was real fun
>>
ayy
>>
>>321292720
XCOM : Enemy Within indeed
>>
File: Ayy.Lmao.jpg (152 KB, 601x650) Image search: [Google]
Ayy.Lmao.jpg
152 KB, 601x650
>>321292720
Ayylien isolation.
>>
hey lol
>>
>>321293019
hi rofl
>>
>>321293097
>>321293019
dude...... xd
>>
ayy lmao
y
y

l
m
a
o
>>
Fallout 4
>>
>>321292720
Mass Effect is pretty good disregarding the shut ending to 3
>>
>>321293350
ME2 was pretty disappointing as well
>>
>>321293490
Ayy fuck you lmao
>>
>>321293750
being able to fuck Tali was unfortunately not enough to make up for the way it shat all over the first game's story
>>
>>321293350
I played the whole series through and man was that amazing, i ain't even mad at the ending, it was still cool and emotional.
>>
Xenoblade X
>>
>>321293971
Let me guess you're mad because "muh thermal clips!"
>>
xenonauts
basically xcom ufo defense reboot
fuckin awesome
>>
>>321294113
>No psi troopers
Shit game, please no shill.
>>
>>321294089
no I actually liked that, I was more bothered by the fact that you're forced to work for that shadowy guy no matter what your personal feelings are and Shepard not once questions this. You just saved the galaxy from a rogue ai who claimed to have so many allies "our numbers will blacken the sky of every world" and yet you're ok with having an ai on your ship? And if you tell people to shut it down they ignore you, because fuck the captain right?
>>
Butt-Ugly Martians: Zoom or Doom
>>
>>321294412
You clearly can object to the illusive man and be very against it. You're working for him because the alliance and council basically said fuck off there are no reapers. If it wasn't for TIM "recruiting" you the harvesters would have dominated the galaxy, when it comes to saving the galaxy you gotta take all the help you can get.

There's even the point at the end where you can just tell TIM to fuck off for good.

As for an AI even if you do object to her she turns out to be a good person and ally in the end so why does it matter? Not every AI is an evil reaper sympathizer just like the geth.
>>
>>321294412
No because Shepard is pretty much blackmailed into working for him because the council/alliance won't do anything to investigate the reaper threat and Cerberus brought Shepard back to life.

EDI is a shackled A.I. at the start and pretty much everyone including Joker agrees and hesitates to unshackle her until it's do or die.Also not all A.I. are evil and out to get you as evident by Legion.
>>
>>321294891
>s for an AI even if you do object to her she turns out to be a good person and ally in the end so why does it matter?
it matters because I, THE PLAYER, felt it was the proper course of action. How am I supposed to role play, in a role playing game, if I feel my character is arbitrarily acting against the story?

This was the same shit that bothered me tremendously about Deus Ex for example. I made a character that hated terrorists and did everything possible to kill them yet the game railroaded me into allying with them. Things like that are so immersion breaking.
>>
>>321295151
>if I feel my character is arbitrarily acting against the story?
sorry let me rephrase that, I meant to say how can I roleplay when I feel like my character is taking actions that are very out of character simply to advance the plot.
>>
>>321292720
Assassins creed Syndicate
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
UNATCO?
>>
File: Bradford.png (319 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Bradford.png
319 KB, 640x360
Remove ayy
Vigilo confido strong
>>
>>321295151
So you want everything to revolve around the main character? Dude that's not how role playing works, if they just allowed you to do and say as you please there wouldn't be much story to role play in.

It's not your ship, it's Cerberus' they have the final say what does and doesn't happen on it. I didn't like Jacob or Miranda one bit but it never gave me an option to kick them off the ship and I'm not bitching.
>>
File: 1434260722211.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1434260722211.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>321295653
Commander, I'm afraid it's been... 20 years.

WOOOOOOAAAHHHH OOOHHHHHH!

PRIDE FEEDS HIS BLACKENED HEART!
>>
>>321295654
>I didn't like Jacob or Miranda one bit but it never gave me an option to kick them off the ship and I'm not bitching.
thanks for reminding me, it really bugged me as well that I couldn't just dump Miranda on the nearest asteroid since in DA:O you had the option to kick out any party member you wanted.
>>
File: 1400947738916.png (82 KB, 605x335) Image search: [Google]
1400947738916.png
82 KB, 605x335
Why are there no good horror games about grey aliens? Something with a pyschological mindfuck storyline where you have to escape being abducted would be GOTY

ayy lmao
>>
ayy lmao
>>
>>321297603
See this is where it makes sense, no one is hiring you or recruiting you. You're working on your own terms and can choose how you want you're group to be ran.

DA:O is a masterpiece of a game.
>>
>>321295530
Savage
>>
Bloodborne
>>
Fallout 4
>>
the old x files game
>>
File: XF-S3E16-MP5A2-2.jpg (206 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
XF-S3E16-MP5A2-2.jpg
206 KB, 1280x720
>>321299914
>tfw I secretly want Jordan Lee Williams to be canon and the plot point of him having been given a gimlet by X to be referred to somehow
>tfw the X Files game couldn't possibly be canon

his acting got pretty sucky in it but I still liked it. I heard he got arrested and he looked pretty out of it but it looks like he's gotten back on track, at least somewhat. Posing for advertisement photos is a far cry from acting in shit like this, but hell, even just a cameo or name drop in the miniseries would be cool.

That said, if Doggett and Reyes aren't coming back, there's no fucking way they're bringing Willmore into the canon.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.