[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Nintendo so stupid at naming their consoles and games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1447610446466.jpg (682 KB, 1002x932) Image search: [Google]
1447610446466.jpg
682 KB, 1002x932
Why is Nintendo so stupid at naming their consoles and games?

>Wii U
>Nintendo 3DS

you can't imagine how often i had to explain that these are infact new consoles and not just rehash versions (like DS to DS Lite)

Same with the New Nintendo 3DS.
>>
i think a big part of the wiiu's failure was the fact that people who don't follow this shit on the internet didn't know it was a new system

i remember watching nintendo's announcement of the thing at e3. they basically didn't show the actual console at all, only the controller, and they never even referred to it as a new console. they don't have a fucking clue.

once they have a brand that 'sounds good' they just start throwing words onto it until you get dumb shit like 'New Nintendo 3DS' or 'Super Smash Bros for WiiU'. i mean if you don't follow this shit like I do you could be forgiven for assuming that to be a port of a previous smash game to wiiu

god knows what the next one will be called
>>
>>321291953
What do Peach's panties smell like?
>>
>>321292342
peach
>>
>>321292249
They probably thought it was really clever because they had the title of each platform it was available on after "for" so if you remove the platform the title of the game is "Super Smash Bros. for" (Super Smash Bros 4). That's still retarded though and they would have been better off just calling it kerfluffle or something.
>>
>>321292342
Peachy tuna
>>
Nintendo Wiinis Piinis
>>
File: 1392998710334.jpg (109 KB, 417x521) Image search: [Google]
1392998710334.jpg
109 KB, 417x521
>>321291953
>name it 3DS and make the 3D possibility its selling point
>drop it like 1 year after release
>>
>>321291953
Fuck anon I've got a huge thing for peach and a huge thing for panties.
I just had a good fap half an hour ago!
>>
>>321291953
You didn't even mention the worst offender OP.

Wii shop vs eShop.

When I worked for Nintendo's customer service this was always the hardest to explain.
>>
>>321294464
there.. is a difference?

i'm not kidding.
>>
>>321292249
>i remember watching nintendo's announcement of the thing at e3. they basically didn't show the actual console at all, only the controller, and they never even referred to it as a new console. they don't have a fucking clue.
The fact that the first thing they showed it running was New Super Mario Bros. didn't help either.
>>
>>321292342
moldy mushrooms and cheese
>>
>>321291953
Is it even possible for them to do worse than New Nintendo 3DS? I guess it's only up from here. If they name the NX the Wii something then I will lose all hope for Nintendo
>>
>>321296982
New Wii U
>>
>>321296982
Wii Thrii
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.