[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lisa the Painful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: buzzo.png (2 KB, 156x156) Image search: [Google]
buzzo.png
2 KB, 156x156
Why does managing to kill Buzzo ends in a boring game over screen? The meta reasons are clear in that the creators didn't want to bother creating another story path despite it being totally possible with the game's engine, something that wasn't possible in old games for lack of disk space but can be easily done today.

Some theorize that Buzzo is a sort of Joy mutant that went right and became a superhuman (ignoring Joyful's canon), explaining why is he so overpowered. It doesn't explain the game over screen as if he blew up a nuke inside him by dying. Perhaps his HP isn't really all his health, the fight was just a cat playing with mice and past certain point he loses nerve and goes all out killing Brad.

It would be great if another storyline was avaiable to people who manage to kill Buzzo. I can see his gang wanting to follow Brad after he kills the arm taking maniac. Not even limited to Buzzo, I think this game could have more actions paths, the choice element and supposedly multiple ending characteristic is highly overrated in Lisa: nothing you do matters in this game.
>>
>nothing you do matters in this game

Well you do lose your arms
that kind of matters for the game
As always, choices shouldn't be seen as somethnig that affects the ending, choices are important when you make them even if they don't have effects.
>>
>>321291640
I meant it plotwise. The multiple endings talk itself is a lie, there is just extrascenes in case you do this or did that.
>>
>>321292006
It still doesn't matter
Painful can only end like that, any other kind of ending would ruin everything about painful.
>>
You are fucking stupid.
If you get a game over when you kill a boss then it just means that the rest of the plot doesnt exist with that character dead.
This isnt a fucking Telltale game you dipshit.
Games have been doing this since forever.
>>
Because you're killing the buzz of the game.
>>
>>321296104
Why wouldn't there be a game? Buzzo's role is important behind the scenes, he is just a badder Columbo in the main quest. Buddy would still need rescue and Rando would still have her by the end.
>>
>>321296104
Fuck what games have been doing. If there's means to defeat a boss there should be an outcome, not the DEVs going "stawp it! u have 2 lose". Chrono Trigger knows what's up.
>>
>>321291436
You should write for Kotaku, you're completely fucking stupid enough to pull it off too.
>>
>>321291436
>why can't they just make a game where you can do ANYTHING?

there OP. I just ended your shitty thread. Please delete yourself.
>>
>>321291436
fuck off undertale is way better game
>>
Can someone explain why Undertale is popular and Lisa isn't? It's fucking insane.
>>
>>321299608
Undertale is actually good Lisa is edgy garbage RPGmaker shit
>>
>>321299608

>wacky underground funtimes feat. the power of friendship
vs.
>quest in a desolate wasteland populated by perverted half naked men who all want to rape the shit out of a young girl
>>
>>321299608

Undertale is whimsical, Lisa isn't.

>first five minutes of undertale
>talking psychopathic flower
>goat mom adopts you
>jokes
>makes fun of modern game design
>more jokes
>calming music playing

>first five minutes of Lisa the Painful
>get the shit beaten out of you by bullies
>walk home in shame
>go home to an abusive father who throws empty bear bottles at you
>cry yourself to sleep
>cut to yourself as a middle age bald man
>ambient and depressing acoustic music playing

It's pretty fucking obvious why Undertale is better, even though Lisa has the more solid moral story to tell.
>>
>>321291436
>despite it being totally possible with the game's engine
Without cheating, you wouldn't really see it as possible. The guy insta kills your whole party with 1 attack.
>>
>>321301387
He can miss and you can use status effects to have him hit himself.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.