[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get into STALKER. I just want to explore the world,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I want to get into STALKER.

I just want to explore the world, doing sidequests here and there and getting that cozy feel you get when you just wander in fallout, oblivion and such.

Which one of the 3 games is the best for this? Do I really need to play them in order? Any mandatory mods?

I was thinking on getting CoP with MISERY.
>>
http://pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>>
I was gonna post a long explanation on why and how you should play it, but >>321285254's post says it all.
>>
>>321285254
Thanks for that, but I was looking for a more personal opinion here, like what mods do you feel improve the experience/graphivs the best.

That pastebin seems to be more of a "general guide" on how to get into the franchise, rather than how to improve or the goods and bads of each game.

Thanks anyway, I'll save that.
>>
My advice? Play them in chronological order without mods. There is no "must have" experience for stalker, the game is an experience in and of itself. You'll get more playing them through vanilla then modding later.

You can mod them if you really need to but its better IMO to play the games through then really appreciate how they've been altered
>>
>>321287052
What about Graphical mods/perfoirmance? is ther an a good pack that improves the visuals overall without turning it into a different style?
>>
>>321287598

Ive never used. Cmon man its not that old you can deal with it
>>
>>321288715
oh no, I have no problem with the graphics itself, I just heard there were some mods that added weather effects, better lighning and such, things that help the game overall without fucking up the artstyle.
>>
>>321289051
Stalker Weather Overhau, Absolute Nature and Absolute Structures
>>
>>321285115
I'd say CS is the best for what you asked, especially with the way faction wars works. COP would be a close second with the way Skadovsk works as a main base.

I'd honestly recommend playing Complete over all 3 games but I've only compared different mods on SOC, being AMK 1.4, Lurk 1.1 and Complete.

SOC is still the definitive S.T.A.L.K.E.R experience tho.

And always turn the difficulty up to Master.
>>
>>321287598
Start with Shadow of Chernobyl and play it with Zone Reclamation Project.
>>
>>321290406
CS would have been greater if that Facion wars thing was more complete, i just completed the game and the only "Faction war" thing that saw it was me fucking up bandits camp while babysitting loners outpost. Also with the fact that you can't eradicate factions (but it makes sense since the map would feel empty by doing that)

You can ask for conquest mission to squad leaders, but they suck when they go and try to capture an area alone. I would have loved to see set an ambush quest or kill this squad leader quest, but i think im expecting to much of a 2008 game.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.