[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halo is really fun and a great series. That's all.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Halo is really fun and a great series.

That's all.
>>
Halo is a cool guy.
>>
>>321281808
>until 343 curb stomped it

Fixed that for ya
>>
>>321281926
Eh
>>
I agree
>>
>>321281808
Halo WAS a really fun and great series.. 343i a shit and therefore halo is also now a shit.
>>
File: blini kot.jpg (117 KB, 800x714) Image search: [Google]
blini kot.jpg
117 KB, 800x714
>>321281808
Halo was really fun and was a great series.

That's all.
>>
FUCK 343
U
C
K

>>
File: Atlas_Portrait.png (15 KB, 100x125) Image search: [Google]
Atlas_Portrait.png
15 KB, 100x125
>>321282009
>Fixed that for ya
Would you kindly explain how they curb stomped it.
>>
L O C K E
O
C
K
E
>>
>>321281808

Having played 1-3 and Reach, I gotta say that the series is kind of fun. Guns feel nice, soundtrack is bretty gud, co-op is fucking based.

Only real problem is the storytelling being fucking dogshit. I'm not sure if it's down to me not paying enough attention or not reading the books, but I can't even begin to tell you how many times I'm curbstomping covenent faggots without being entirely sure why.

>Why am i in frozen cryostasis
>Why are the covenent such dicks
>Giant space ring that inexplicably can wipe out the universe by releasing an army of
Tentacools in spite of them dying like pussies from an assault rifle
>Also fuck that theres like ten of these fucking rings
>Who is this giant talking tentacool and why aren't we nuking him
>There are aliens on reach (This is bad)
>We need to burn this ONI base for reasons
>Lolnope actually a covert ops to retrieve a usb drive stored deep under the earth

4 and 5 any good?
>>
>>321284712
Ive never read any books or wikis or that shit so I might be wrong but here's what I gathered.

Covenant are a religious group that believes that the Halo rings will ascend them somehow by activating them.
They want to exterminate humans because reasons.
Halo rings were created by a now extinct race to wipe out all life, since flood is so overpowered that the only way is to starve them.
Apparently that extinct race also had something to do with humanity since the machines treat humans in a weird way. This might also have something to do with why covvies kill humans.
They dont nuke Gravemind because they dont actually know where he is/dont have big nukes.
What blew past me was why did they retcon Cortana in Reach to be some special AI, while in 1-3 she was just the average ship AI.

Anyways, I'd love to have the remastered Halos on PC. Great co-op games and I could get some nostalgia from the multiplayer
>>
ODST is the only good halo game
>>
>>321286204
Objective ranking based on campaign

1>Reach=ODST>3>2
>>
>>321286558
Yes.
>>
Artificial fun
>>
>>321283203

Gladly. I know halo wasn't strong in the story department anyway but 343 took that, said "let's make the master chief do nothing but cart around a PMSing AI and plug her into shit"

Halo 4 from start to finish was an insultingly short campaign with a plot barely getting recognized in between levels. The final big bad in particular looked as though we were originally going to get buckets of exposition as to why we should hate him. Instead we get a crap mumblings about humanity's inferiority then a QTE boss fight.

I'll admit to jot having played Halo 5 but after 4 I couldn't begin reaching for my wallet. The way 343 handled the campaign was so clunky and shit its embarrassing.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.